ALL >> Investing---Finance >> View Article
Which Plan To Choose – Growth Or Dividend
Total Articles: 7
The option you pick should depend on the
Cash requirement & investment time horizon
In case of Equity Funds
Equity funds are meant for long term investments. Those who want to create wealth or achieve long term financial goals should choose growth option. It will help you to stay invested rather than cashing out from your long term funds.
Exceptions to Growth option
- In case of thematic or sector funds, it would be wise to choose dividend payout option as you will able to book profits when that particular theme or sector is in uptrend. Returns from these categories are highly volatile and it will be difficult to predict the time of exit from these funds
- Those looking for regular income such as retirees, monthly dividend option in Hybrid funds like Balance funds, Equity Savings Fund or MIP will be a good option to select.
In case of Debt funds
Debt funds are meant for short term as well as for long term investments depending on the needs of the investors. Those looking for regular income should select dividend option.
Less than 3 years:
- If you fall in the 10 percent or 20 percent tax bracket, it would be wise to opt for growth option.
- For those in 30 percent tax bracket should select dividend option as DDT paid by the AMC in case of debt funds is around 28.32% in case of Individual/HUF/NRI.
- Companies/corporates should select growth option as they fall in 30% tax bracket and DDT paid by the AMC is also 30%. So for them it will make no difference whether they choose dividend option or growth option.
More than 3 years:
- For all investors including corporates, it would be wise to choose growth option as they can take the benefit of indexation which will provide them higher post tax return.
Investing / Finance Articles1. The Borrower Should Remember The Repayment Sum
Author: Martina Smith
2. Best Way To Fulfill Your Housing Needs: Home Loans
Author: Chandani Jawar
3. How Benchmarking In A Business Helps In Reducing Labour Hire Costs
Author: Dylan Munro
4. India Inc May Need To Change Rating Agencies Every 3 Years
Author: Suraj Pratap Malik
5. Bitcoin Workshop | Bitcoin Seminar | How To Buy Bitcoins
Author: AB Web Technologies
6. Online Financing - The Modern Way Of Investment
7. Selling Assets Versus Sme Loans: Which Is The Better Option?
Author: Manish Damani
8. Equity Research Report
Author: Chetan Rathod
9. Personal Loan Calculators Explained
Author: Arwind Sharma
10. Importance Of Having A Bank Account In The Digital World Today
Author: Sushant Singh
11. Step By Step Guide To Gst Registration Of Your Business
Author: Amol Kale
12. Forex Trading Techniques And Strategies For Beginners In Forex Market
Author: Sophia Mason
13. Are Tax Accountants The Most Important Hires For Your Small Business?
Author: John Panayis
14. Personal Loans - All You Wanted To Know
15. How To Ensure Your Internet Banking Is As Safe As Traditional Banking?
Author: Neha Sharma