ALL >> Investing---Finance >> View Article
Which Plan To Choose – Growth Or Dividend
Total Articles: 7
The option you pick should depend on the
Cash requirement & investment time horizon
In case of Equity Funds
Equity funds are meant for long term investments. Those who want to create wealth or achieve long term financial goals should choose growth option. It will help you to stay invested rather than cashing out from your long term funds.
Exceptions to Growth option
- In case of thematic or sector funds, it would be wise to choose dividend payout option as you will able to book profits when that particular theme or sector is in uptrend. Returns from these categories are highly volatile and it will be difficult to predict the time of exit from these funds
- Those looking for regular income such as retirees, monthly dividend option in Hybrid funds like Balance funds, Equity Savings Fund or MIP will be a good option to select.
In case of Debt funds
Debt funds are meant for short term as well as for long term investments depending on the needs of the investors. Those looking for regular income should select dividend option.
Less than 3 years:
- If you fall in the 10 percent or 20 percent tax bracket, it would be wise to opt for growth option.
- For those in 30 percent tax bracket should select dividend option as DDT paid by the AMC in case of debt funds is around 28.32% in case of Individual/HUF/NRI.
- Companies/corporates should select growth option as they fall in 30% tax bracket and DDT paid by the AMC is also 30%. So for them it will make no difference whether they choose dividend option or growth option.
More than 3 years:
- For all investors including corporates, it would be wise to choose growth option as they can take the benefit of indexation which will provide them higher post tax return.
Investing / Finance Articles1. Gwadar – The Opportunity Is Now.
Author: China Pak Hills
2. Dangerous Myths About The Forex Market
Author: Then Divan
3. Smart Ways To Prepare For The Tax Season
Author: John Panayis
4. Tax Tips For Teachers 2018
Author: Lauri Pitcher, CPA
5. Quick Same Day Loans
6. How Does The Asian Trading Session Operate?
Author: Viet Son
7. 5 Most Popular Types Of Mutual Funds
Author: Vikas Malhotra
8. Benefits Of Initiating Wire Transfer From Usa To India
9. 5 Tips To Keep In Mind When Using The Emi Calculators
Author: Chintu Yadav
10. Commodity Trading For Beginners – A Descriptive Guide
Author: Sophia Mason
11. 3 Tips To Improve One’s Trading Performance
Author: Amir Milan
12. With Fx Seminars A Beginner Can Easily Mastery On Forex
Author: Joyce Shen
13. Currency Trading – How It Will Be Simplified
Author: Joyce Shen
14. How Can You Get Home Loan From State Bank Of India
15. Secure Your Privacy 100% From Future Data Breaches Like Equifax
Author: Judith Neely