ALL >> Investing---Finance >> View Article
Which Plan To Choose – Growth Or Dividend
Total Articles: 6
The option you pick should depend on the
Cash requirement & investment time horizon
In case of Equity Funds
Equity funds are meant for long term investments. Those who want to create wealth or achieve long term financial goals should choose growth option. It will help you to stay invested rather than cashing out from your long term funds.
Exceptions to Growth option
- In case of thematic or sector funds, it would be wise to choose dividend payout option as you will able to book profits when that particular theme or sector is in uptrend. Returns from these categories are highly volatile and it will be difficult to predict the time of exit from these funds
- Those looking for regular income such as retirees, monthly dividend option in Hybrid funds like Balance funds, Equity Savings Fund or MIP will be a good option to select.
In case of Debt funds
Debt funds are meant for short term as well as for long term investments depending on the needs of the investors. Those looking for regular income should select dividend option.
Less than 3 years:
- If you fall in the 10 percent or 20 percent tax bracket, it would be wise to opt for growth option.
- For those in 30 percent tax bracket should select dividend option as DDT paid by the AMC in case of debt funds is around 28.32% in case of Individual/HUF/NRI.
- Companies/corporates should select growth option as they fall in 30% tax bracket and DDT paid by the AMC is also 30%. So for them it will make no difference whether they choose dividend option or growth option.
More than 3 years:
- For all investors including corporates, it would be wise to choose growth option as they can take the benefit of indexation which will provide them higher post tax return.
Investing / Finance Articles1. No Credit Check Faxless Payday Loans
2. Understanding Corporate Debt Restructuring In India
Author: Aniket Vichare
3. Tips To Know Before Applying For A Personal Loan By Srg
Author: srg housing
4. The Ultimate Guide To Cryptocurrency Wallet
5. Buy And Sell Mutual Fund Online | Moneytreesolution
6. Can I Get A Loan Despite Bad Credit Unemployment?
7. Advantages Of Binance Crypto Exchange
8. Payday Loans For People On Benefits Direct Lenders - 100% Online Decision
Author: Hamish Rutherford
9. Best Mcx Commodity Tips Provider In India
10. Why Open An Nri Account?
Author: Samantha Kennedy
11. Commercial Mortgage Loan
Author: Loansa Assit
12. Why Perform A Fundamental Analysis Of A Company?
Author: Aastha Kapoor
13. Open Online Trading Account With The Lowest Brokerage Charges
Author: Krutika Sharma
14. Avail Reliable Tax Return Online Australia Services To Get The Job Done Like Never Before
15. Get Yourself Best Sip Plans For Long Term
Author: Jignesh Shah