ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
How To Make Your Move ‘green’ While Saving Money
Total Articles: 4
It is no doubt that you will want to save as much money as possible on the actual house move, without compromising on the job at hand and making sure it is done properly and efficiently.
Along with saving money, another priority for you may be ensuring that the environmental impact of your house move is kept to a minimum as well. Looking after the environment is extremely important in all aspects of life, and moving home shouldn’t be any exception.
So you may be thinking, how can the process of using house moving boxes and driving a removal van possibly be environmentally friendly?! Well, in actual fact there are several important ways in which you can reduce the impact of the house move on the environment, as well as saving you money and time at the same time! So how precisely can this be done?
1. The first step is to hire the optimum size of removal van for the job. This may sound obvious, but if you can get it right, then it saves you trips back and forth from the old home to the new, which will in turn save you time, it will reduce the fuel emissions, and it will reduce your fuel costs too. You want the ideal sized van, because if it is too small your things won’t all fit in, and if it is too large then it will use unnecessary fuel for the job and cost you more to hire as well. So measure your larger items, count the number of boxes that you have, and work out precisely what size of van you need.
2. Buy the right sized and right quantity of cardboard storage boxes for the job. If they are the correct size and you buy the right quantity you need, it will save excess cardboard, which will again take care of the environment and save you money at the same time. If you have too little, it will make your job a challenge, but too many and it isn’t good for your pocket or the environment either. Measure your things, count your items, and if in doubt, buy a smaller quantity than you need and top it up as you go along.
3. Pick a removal van that is the most fuel efficient on offer. You can shop around, phone up a number of different local and national suppliers, and decide on the best ones. This again will save you money and help the environment at the same time, and will only cost you half an hour and a few phone calls.
4. Pack the removal van as efficiently as you possibly can. It is like a jigsaw, you need to put the largest items in first, including wardrobes, sofas and washing machines, and then fit the smaller green and eco friendly boxes packaging around them. You will be surprised as to how many things you can fit into each load of the lorry. If you can fit things into the lorry as economically as possible, it will save you trips back and forth and therefore save on fuel costs and help the environment in this way as well. It also helps to prevent breakage, because it ensures that no boxes will slide around during the drive.
5. Buy packaging from an environmentally friendly supplier, who has close connections with recycling plants and have a green policy. Boxes can be purchased from a number of places online, and contacting a few of them first to ensure they are recyclable will help to look after the environment, and typically recycled boxes are that little bit cheaper too. You could even ask around at a local supermarket for second hand boxes as well and do some recycling of your own. After you are finished with the boxes, pass them onto another house mover locally, or onto a friend or family member.
So take this top tips into account when you decide to move, because you definitely can save money at the same time as being green when moving house. Don’t be excessive when it comes to packaging, and pick the right sized removal van to save you trips back and forth, and you can’t go wrong.
For more check this link www.packingsolution.co.uk
I am James Draper from Glastonbury and also the business owner of Packing Solution that offers best quality packaging accessories at attractive prices in all over UK. Packing Solution sells the high quality Packaging Cardboard Boxes of different dimensions. They are water proof and protect all the household goods from moisture and damage while in transit. These packaging boxes are reusable and available at competitive prices.
Home and Garden Articles1. Split Or Window Air Conditioner Which One Is The Best?
Author: Divya Sharma
2. How Not To Get Scammed By An Unreliable Removalists Company Perth
3. Checklist Of Things Cowboy Builders Will Tell You
Author: Mark Trescothic
4. Climate Considerations For A Green House Garden
Author: David Kessler
5. Planning To Renovate Your Bathroom? Hire A Professional Plumber
Author: Nicholas Calleija
6. Sammsara - Hashtag Handy Decor Tips
Author: SAMMSARA Luxury Modern Home
7. Some Must-have Bar Furnishings To Achieve The Perfect Party Mood
Author: James Waltan
8. Why Porcelain Tile Is A Popular Choice For Bathroom Floors
9. 5 Reasons To Invest In A Vintage-inspired Louis De Poortere Rug
Author: Phoebe Holland
10. What Is The Cost Of Renovating A Kitchen In Canada?
Author: Christine Delongte
11. The Advantages Of Using Pavers
Author: Flash Stone
12. How To Transformed Ordinary Table Into Extraordinary Dinette
Author: Liv India
13. The Factors You Need To Consider For Tearing Down The Existing Office Building
Author: Tuuli Halkoaho
14. Demolition Of House Or Complex Need To Be Done With Professional Agencies
Author: Kaija Raita
15. Things To Be Pondered On While Working At A Demolition Site
Author: Aapo Haapoja