ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
How To Make Your Move ‘green’ While Saving Money
Total Articles: 4
It is no doubt that you will want to save as much money as possible on the actual house move, without compromising on the job at hand and making sure it is done properly and efficiently.
Along with saving money, another priority for you may be ensuring that the environmental impact of your house move is kept to a minimum as well. Looking after the environment is extremely important in all aspects of life, and moving home shouldn’t be any exception.
So you may be thinking, how can the process of using house moving boxes and driving a removal van possibly be environmentally friendly?! Well, in actual fact there are several important ways in which you can reduce the impact of the house move on the environment, as well as saving you money and time at the same time! So how precisely can this be done?
1. The first step is to hire the optimum size of removal van for the job. This may sound obvious, but if you can get it right, then it saves you trips back and forth from the old home to the new, which will in turn save you time, it will reduce the fuel emissions, and it will reduce your fuel costs too. You want the ideal sized van, because if it is too small your things won’t all fit in, and if it is too large then it will use unnecessary fuel for the job and cost you more to hire as well. So measure your larger items, count the number of boxes that you have, and work out precisely what size of van you need.
2. Buy the right sized and right quantity of cardboard storage boxes for the job. If they are the correct size and you buy the right quantity you need, it will save excess cardboard, which will again take care of the environment and save you money at the same time. If you have too little, it will make your job a challenge, but too many and it isn’t good for your pocket or the environment either. Measure your things, count your items, and if in doubt, buy a smaller quantity than you need and top it up as you go along.
3. Pick a removal van that is the most fuel efficient on offer. You can shop around, phone up a number of different local and national suppliers, and decide on the best ones. This again will save you money and help the environment at the same time, and will only cost you half an hour and a few phone calls.
4. Pack the removal van as efficiently as you possibly can. It is like a jigsaw, you need to put the largest items in first, including wardrobes, sofas and washing machines, and then fit the smaller green and eco friendly boxes packaging around them. You will be surprised as to how many things you can fit into each load of the lorry. If you can fit things into the lorry as economically as possible, it will save you trips back and forth and therefore save on fuel costs and help the environment in this way as well. It also helps to prevent breakage, because it ensures that no boxes will slide around during the drive.
5. Buy packaging from an environmentally friendly supplier, who has close connections with recycling plants and have a green policy. Boxes can be purchased from a number of places online, and contacting a few of them first to ensure they are recyclable will help to look after the environment, and typically recycled boxes are that little bit cheaper too. You could even ask around at a local supermarket for second hand boxes as well and do some recycling of your own. After you are finished with the boxes, pass them onto another house mover locally, or onto a friend or family member.
So take this top tips into account when you decide to move, because you definitely can save money at the same time as being green when moving house. Don’t be excessive when it comes to packaging, and pick the right sized removal van to save you trips back and forth, and you can’t go wrong.
For more check this link www.packingsolution.co.uk
I am James Draper from Glastonbury and also the business owner of Packing Solution that offers best quality packaging accessories at attractive prices in all over UK. Packing Solution sells the high quality Packaging Cardboard Boxes of different dimensions. They are water proof and protect all the household goods from moisture and damage while in transit. These packaging boxes are reusable and available at competitive prices.
Home and Garden Articles1. What Is The Need To Have Removal Tree And Stump?
Author: Elly Knights
2. 4 Things To Consider For Finding The Right Upholstery Cleaning In London
Author: Nick Koych
3. Create A Great 1st Impression With Granite In Your Office Space
4. Common Residential Plumbing Issues
Author: Bob Sander
5. Warning Signs That You Need To Repaint Your Home
Author: Shane Habib
6. Take Stunning Pictures Of Your Fairy Garden
Author: Florence Blum
7. Hiring Professionals To Install Window Film In Palm Beach Gardens
8. Tile Cleaning Melbourne Service: - Wipe Out Your Dirty Tiles
Author: Elly Smith
9. Turbo Cowl Prevents Rain Water, Entrance Of Wild Creatures And Down Draught In The Most Efficient Ma
Author: Jerry Baily
10. If Home Remedies Doesn’t Work To Stop Shower Leaking Call The Experts
Author: Jordan Curr
11. Things You Need To Be Careful Of Before Booking A Pest Control Service
Author: Jordan Romilly
12. The Landscape Constructing Has Been Beneficial To A Greater Extent
Author: Brodie Clogstoun
13. Exclusive Ideas To Decorate Your Roof In A Different Way
Author: Michael Gilmore
14. Things You Need To Be Aware Of The Gutters Of Your Roof
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
15. An Earlier Confirmation Of A Building's Framework Is Needful
Author: Adam Leworthy