ALL >> Health >> View Article
Toys With Too Loud Noise Would Hurt Children Hearing Function
According to the latest research and test on the nineteen kinds of toys in the U.S market, after playing with 15 kinds of toys for about 15 minutes, children’s hearing function would get a little damage. All these toys designed for kids under three years old are with shake equipment or can be shaken.
Researchers from the American Visual Sense and Auditory Sense Association, one non-profit organization, and University of Minnesota, have tested the sound of all kinds of toys in the toys shopping mall. They would do the same thing each year and this year is the twelfth year. On the list of noise toys ranking, Iron Man Mobile Headquarters Vehicle, made by Jada Toys, is on the first position, the noise decibel sent out by it is as higher as 119.5 dB. In other words, it would injure kids’ hearing function in less than eight seconds. Learning Letters Mailbox, made by Fisher Price, are specially designed for kids between six months and 26 months, however, this kind of toys also make too loud noise, which is up to 113.9 dB. What you have to pay more attention is the books with music because it has reached up to 112.1 dB. ...
... All these toys on the list have too loud noise and could injure children’s hearing function in less than one minute.
Dr. Chris Hilton, the researcher from ear-nose-throat department in University of Minnesota has tested these toys and said that in a very close distance, playing with these toys for a long time would hurt people’s inner ears. In fact, the noise above 85 dB would have permanent damage to your ears. The louder the noise, the shorter time that resulting in hearing loss. For example, when hearing the sound with 85 dB, your hearing function would be damaged forever in eight hour while the hair cells would begin to get harm if you listen to sound with 100 dB for just 15 minute.
Because the arms of kids are too short so that toys with higher noise have more serious influence on their hearing function. Up to 2004, the U.S government had launched the regulations on toys’ sound. In March 2004, the American Society for Testing and Materials had adopted and amended the phonics standard, which is self-regulation in toys industry and obeyed voluntarily.
Different with asphyxia or other harm, it is difficult to estimate the hearing level on hearing function because it is difficult to determine the direct cause.
Copyright by Danica. EVToys Shop tends to focus on the high quality Kids Toys like Cheap Stuffed Bears, Wooden Toys, Cheap Stuffed Pandas and so on. Products like Teddy Bear Couple with first-class service standards and first-class quality can all be found on EVToys.
Health Articles1. Mindfulness
Author: Im Perfect by Urveez Kakalia
2. Can Business Coaching Help Your Allied Health Practice?
Author: Rita Holland
3. American Journal Of Cardiovascular And Thoracic Surgery
4. Your Weight And Your Brain
Author: Anton Bluman
5. Empowering Growth And Healing: The Power Of Therapy Counselling And Self-esteem Counselling At Talk With Me Counselling
Author: Steve Johnson
6. What To Know About Prostate Cancer?
Author: GHN Healthcare
7. How To Choose The Right Makeup Brushes For Your Needs
8. Find A Good Ophthalmologist In Delhi
Author: Suryakant Jha Eye Surgeon
9. Partial Dentures Vs. Dental Bridges - Pros & Cons
10. Laparoscopy: Enhancing Ivf Success Through Diagnosis And Treatment Of Underlying Conditions
Author: SCI IVF Hospital
11. Tips To Reduce Stress During Ivf | Dr. Shivani Sachdev Gour
Author: Dr Shivani Sachdev
12. What Is Careprost Eye Drop, Uses, Benefits, And Aftereffects
Author: Bruce Will
13. Revitalizing Health And Wellness: Top Integrative Medicine Doctors In Virginia Usa
Author: Virginia Integrative Practice
14. Enhance Your Wellbeing: Unveiling The Power Of Supplements In Hamilton
15. Nasha Mukti Kendra In Ludhiana