ALL >> Social-Community >> View Article
Work ethics are an important part of the working process because they allow employees to communicate with each other effectively on a professional level as well as make them perform the tasks in the best way while respecting clients/patients. Throughout my professional experience as a respiratory therapy director, I faced various ethical issues both with my patients and with coworkers.
Once, I had to deal with patients whose religious beliefs prevented them from doing specific procedures, which were mandatory. They were against blood giving, so I had difficulties explaining them why it was important. Now, thanks to the knowledge I gained in class, I think I would handle this issue with fewer complications because at that time I was very strict and did not take any objections into consideration.
I also faced some ethical issues while working with my colleagues. For instance, there was an experience when a physician was making inappropriate comments not related to work while he had to remain professional. At that time, I did not react to his comments and stayed imperturbable, letting his remarks go. Nevertheless, now, ...
... I would handle this issue differently by trying to communicate with my coworker and explain to him that his behavior was unethical and made me feel uncomfortable.
Thanks to the class and the research I made myself, I understood that ethics had to be analyzed through a social context (Walsh-Bowers, Rossiter, & Prilleltensky, 1996). They depend on the existing norms, which are widespread in a certain work environment. Consequently, when people change their environment, it may be difficult for them to adapt to new ethics. That is the insight I acquired, and it helped understand the motives behind my patients' actions and the statements made by my colleague because they are likely to be dictated by the norms at his previous job. Therefore, at the given moment, I would be able to deal with these issues differently having the knowledge I gained.
This article was written by Jon Jones
You can fing more my papers at https://papermasters.org/
My name is John Jones and I am a professional web designer, I live in Chicago, I like to draw different designs for websites and blogs . You can see my works here https://papermasters.org/ also I like to travel and read books.
Social Community Articles1. Unique Facebook Features You Should Know In 2021
Author: Tushar Thakur
2. 4 Best Features Of A Private Social Network Platform
Author: Neel jani
3. Benefit Of Cultural Exchange
Author: Gaurav Kashyap
4. Best Astrologer In Puttur | Famous Astrologer In Puttur
5. Social Marketing: A Friendly Option For Small Businesses
Author: Wisoft Solutions
6. Healthy Meals Reviving Well-being At Inr 75
Author: annamrita foundation
7. The Best Indian Astrologer In Jamaica
8. Best Astrologer In Louisiana | Famous Astrologer In Louisiana
Author: Pandith Srinivas Acharya
9. Open To Love - A Modern Woman's Memoir On Being Single And Happy
Author: Aji R. Michael
10. You Want To Download A Dating App, What Should You Look For?
11. Consult A Best Indian Astrologer In Toronto
Author: Astro Laxmanji
12. Dating Is Easy Now With More Matches, Dating Tips And Dating Ideas
Author: karamjit Kaur
13. Voodoo Priest In Toronto Has The Answer To Everything
Author: Astro Laxmanji
14. Organizations That Help Children Are Focused To Build Resilience Through Life Skills
Author: Magicbus USA
15. Simple And Smart Approach To Self Improvement | Personal Development