ALL >> Business >> View Article
A Basic Summary Of A Bariatric Post Op Diet
The purpose of this article is to serve as a very cursory, limited introduction to what a bariatric post op diet is. Whether you’re here because you are soon going to be a bariatric patient or you are just interested in the matter, remember that this is just an overview. For in-depth information, including on the diet that you will need to follow yourself, you will need to consult your surgeon or personal doctor.
A bariatric diet plan is a diet that you will have to follow after bariatric surgery in order to help avoid stressing your smaller stomach, to increase your recovery time, to help prevent complications arising due to the surgery such as dumping syndrome, and to help to continue to lose weight.
Bariatric diets tend to be high in lean protein and low in fats, carbs, and sugar.
The first step of a bariatric post op diet is a liquid diet that is sometimes divided into clear liquid and full liquid phases. During the clear liquid phase, if you have one, you will only be taking very small amounts of clear liquids like water and non-fat milk for the first week or few weeks after surgery. If the first phase of your bariatric post op diet contains a full liquid phase as well as a clear liquid phase, you may be able to take pureed foods as a part of it. In that event, it is important to avoid caffeine, alcohol, and sugar and to stick to the diet plan that was devised for you by your doctor.
The next phase of your diet will include pureed foods that should be pureed and mixed to a fine consistency that does not include any solid pieces. At this stage of the diet, you will likely be permitted to take foods such as egg whites, soft cheeses, and protein shakes.
After the pureed phase you will progress to the soft diet, wherein you can take soft foods that can easily be mashed with a spoon or fork. The nutritional guidelines must still be followed, and fats and carbs will remain low throughout this portion of the diet.
The final phase of the diet is the solid food phase of the diet wherein you will be reintroduced to some solid foods. You will need to follow this diet long term - for the rest of your life - and it is important to keep in mind that there are certain foods you will need to avoid, including many that are high in fat and carbohydrates; refined sugar intake should be kept as low as possible or cut out altogether.
All of these changes to your eating habits can be intimidating, and there is a common myth that this diet only includes foods that are not satisfying and are also flavorless. While there are some things that you can’t engineer out of a bariatric diet, you don’t need to go without delicious flavors. If you don’t believe us, check out the protein powders, vitamins, supplements, snacks, and even whole meals you can find at Bariatric Eating at BariatricEating.com. Highly rated and reviewed, their meal plans contain delicious solutions for those who need to adhere to a bariatric diet. Check out their website and contact their team today for more information.
For more information about Bariatric Diets and Inspire Diet Please visit : Bariatric Eating
Business Articles1. Threat Protection: Benefit Your Company’s Safety With Cyber Security- Mannai Networking & Elv
2. Custom Hotdog Boxes - Top 3 Advantages
Author: Andy Young
3. Fire Resistant Paint For Industrial & Commercial Building Materials
4. Control Technician Jobs Availability In Ontario, Canada.
5. Why Is There A Need For Hiring Security Guards?
Author: Logan Hartley
6. Why China Is Considered As Best Tourism Place?
Author: anu walia
7. Tips To Make The Most Out Of Courier Service In Darwin
Author: Gabriel Gould
8. The Benefits Of Hiring A Third Party Seo Agency Today
9. Benefits Of Hiring A Third Party As An Seo Agent For The Company
10. China Business Seminar In London: Why Baidu Advertising Is Becoming More Popular
Author: Barry Alison
11. Need A Star Bm Magazine? Check Sarco Inc. First!
Author: Ruben Carrion
12. Amines Market Size, Share, Growth & Trend Analysis Report
Author: roselyn henson
13. Fruits And Vegetables Ingredients Industry 2023 With Market Top Manufacturers, Region And Demand
14. Air Fryer Market Size, Share, Growth & Trend Analysis Report
Author: roselyn henson
15. Send Flowers To The Uae Through A Trusted Flower Delivery Network
Author: Arabian Florist