ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
How To Thump Tires
A quick and easy way to check tire pressure is by thumping your tires. Some trucks have many tires and tire thumping is the fastest method for checking tire pressure before hitting the road.
Since duel tires ride side by side, one tire can be flat and still on the wheel or rim and will not appear flat since the tire right next to it will hold it off the ground.
Tire Thumper assists the driver operator in a quick method of evaluating properly inflated tires.
If there is air in the tire, the tire thumper will bounce easily and make a loud, sharp thud&semi; and if the tire is flat (no air) it will not bounce much and will give a sound like a dull thud when it is smacked.
The most common cause for tire failure on any vehicle is low tire pressure.
Heat builds as the steel belt and polyester cords rub against each other and the rubber falls apart and tire failure will occur faster the lower the pressure is from the maximum or recommended pressure for any particular tire.
Tires need to be at 90 PSI to be safe and to get the maximum miles per gallon but there are smaller newer tires that hold up to 150 PSI and are even more susceptible to low tire pressure and will fall apart faster and look low or flat when low on air.
10053 Whittwood Dr,
Suite 11284 Whittier,
CA 90603 USA
Automobiles Articles1. Why Should You Consult With A Car Dealer Marketing Company?
Author: James Belly
2. Changes In 2020 Affecting Expats In Germany
3. Why Putting Money Down Is Good For People With Bad Credit
Author: Kaitlin Miller
4. How To Prepare Yourself For Your First Driving Lesson?
Author: Nicholas Manchee
5. How To Keep Your Two-wheeler Looking Like A New One?
Author: Levi Fysh
6. Led Lights For Car - The Best Lights To Be Considered
Author: Hamish Crotty
7. Volkswagen Maintenance Tips 101: All You Need To Know!
Author: Oliver Mertin
8. What Is Instant Car Insurance And How To Get It Online?
Author: Patrica Crewe
9. Esher Tyres
Author: Ali Khan
10. The All-new Hyundai Verna Accessories That Define Comfort And Style
11. Variations Of Conex Boxes Add To The Endless Flexibility Of Dry Cargo Containers
12. Global Automotive Wiper Market
13. Led Door Logo Projector: Car Emblem Light Up When Door Opens
Author: Aoonu auto
14. How To Properly Flare Brake Line Tubing
Author: Mark Sanford
15. Things To Keep In Mind While Buying A Car For Your Teenager
Author: Jeffery reynold