ALL >> Health >> View Article
Tips To Boost Your Immune System This Flu Season
The immune system is your body’s surveillance system, working non-stop to identify and eliminate the viruses and bacteria that can cause you to fall ill.
Your immune system is one of the most complex systems in the body and is made up of various organs, cells and proteins, including your skin, corneas of your eyes, the mucosa of your respiratory system, your gastrointestinal tract, and your lymphatic system. A poor diet, chronic stress and lack of sleep, as well as certain medical conditions, can affect your immune system.
Not only will you benefit mentally from a clean house, but there are also physical benefits as well. It takes time for your immune system to build back up after falling ill. Even though you may mentally be ready to get back to your routine, your body may still be playing catch-up.
That’s why it’s a good idea to take some simple precautionary steps to eliminate the germs. ServiceMaster Remediation Services offers carpet cleaning in Boca Raton, upholstery cleaning Boca Raton, and tile and grout cleaning Boca Raton. A clean home can give your body the best chance to recover quickly from illness and get you back to real life. Here are tips that you can implement to strengthen your immune system this cold and flu season.
Getting plenty of sleep also helps boost the functioning of your immune system. You should aim to get at least 7-8 hours of sleep a night. People who sleep less than 7 hours a night are nearly 3 times more likely to catch a cold than those getting more than 8 hours a night. Just resting and relaxing is also important.
Smokers are more prone to respiratory illness than non-smokers and experience more severe and frequent colds. This is because cigarette smoke dries out nasal passages and paralyzes the hairs that line the mucous membranes, which normally act to sweep viruses out of the nasal passages. Non-smokers should take care to avoid second-hand smoke.
Keep it clean
While you’re right to back away from anyone hacking and coughing, you’re also likely to pick up cold viruses from something you touch.
Cold viruses often lurk on surfaces, such as doorknobs, as they’re often touched after sneezing. Wash your hands regularly and carry hand sanitizer.
Exercise at the right level
Moderate exercise keeps immune cells circulating and counters the sapping effects of stress, so resist the urge to hibernate. However, intense exercise increases demands on your body and suppresses immunity, leaving you more vulnerable to virus bugs.
Take extra precautions
If you have kids or have ever worked in a school, you know that little ones are great at passing around germs. Educate your children on the extra steps they need to take during cold and flu season so that they know how to prevent germs from spreading. Some general guidelines you might want to share (and use yourself) include:
• Keep your hands clean by washing often. The CDC recommends scrubbing your hands for 20 seconds.
• Don’t share food or drinks.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
• Cover your mouth when coughing or sneezing.
• Politely keep your distance from people who are sick.
Nobody enjoys suffering through the misery a cold or flu brings. Do your best to stay a step ahead of these bugs by cleaning the ServiceMaster Remediation Services way. If you don’t have time to clean and take care of a sick family, let your local ServiceMaster Remediation Services office lend a hand. We see it that way and we keep it that way! If you feel you may have a contaminated area in your home, call ServiceMaster Remediation Services at 954-969-5906! We will gladly assess your situation and put your mind at ease!
Health Articles1. Blood Sugar Health Promotion | Anti Inflammatory Nutritional Supplements
Author: David Seaman
2. Vijay Dental Madinaguda | Dental Hospital| Dentist Near Me
Author: Vijay Dental
3. Tumor Endoscopy Doctor In Ahmedabad
Author: Dr. Gautam Tamboliya
4. Top Colonoscopy Doctor In Ahmedabad
Author: Dr Gautam Tamboliya
5. Manage Stress With The Help Of The Best Psychiatry In Jaipur | Health Gennie
Author: Health Gennie
6. Why Do You Think Dental Implants Are The Best Choice For Tooth Replacement?
Author: Dexter Brown
7. Top Reasons Why Dental Implants Are An Excellent Investment!
Author: Paulo Pinho
8. Ayurvedic Remedies To Fight Covid-19 Caused By Coronavirus: Dr.vaidya's
Author: Mishaal Nathani
9. Malnutrition And Poor Diets Are The Major Factors Driving The Growth Of The Global Nutritional Analy
10. Cenforce D
11. The Necessity Of Carrying A Personal Massager While Working Out
Author: Dexter Brown
12. List Of Sanitizing Items To Make A Germaphobe Ease While Journey
Author: Panji zinzera
13. A Complete Guide To Using Teeth Whitening Pens
Author: Shailesh Gajjar
14. Three Million-year-old Brain Imprints Indicate That Australopithecus Afarensis Babies May Have Had A
Author: Giorgi Burdzenidze
15. Cosmetics Dentistry
Author: waqas khattak