ALL >> Health >> View Article
All You Need To Know About Eecp
EECP stands for Enhanced External Counterpulsation. It is a mechanical treatment form for angina which has proven very effective to reduce the symptoms of angina in patients who suffer from CAD (Coronary Artery Disease). There are a number of hospitals providing EECP therapy in Ahmedabad. Let’s get an in-depth understanding of EECP.
EECP involves the use of long inflatable cuffs which are wrapped around the patient’s legs. These leg cuffs are inflated and deflated in tandem with each heartbeat.
Both inflation and deflation are controlled using a computer. Patient’s ECG is used by the computer to trigger inflation early in the diastole. Deflation is triggered exactly when systole begins. Diastole is the stage when the heart relaxes and is filled with blood while systole is the heart contraction stage. Cuffs inflation comes about sequentially and that is from the lower part to the upper part of the legs. This enables blood in the legs milked upwards toward the heart.
When is EECP recommended by the Doctors?
Doctors offering EECP therapy in Ahmedabad suggest that EECP must be considered by the patients who are suffering from angina despite maximal medical therapy, especially if by-pass surgery or stents are not good for them. When none of the options are deemed apt, EECP can help a big time. EECP treatment cost in Ahmedabad is not that high either.
EECP is Very Effective
According to a number of studies, EECP has proven to be extremely effective to cure chronic stable angina. EECP helps improve quality of life by a significant margin as compared to placebo therapy. There are evidences indicating that EECP might also work as passive exercise and offers benefits to the autonomic nervous system exactly like real exercise would do.
When you should Avoid EECP?
Doctors providing EECO therapy in Ahmedabad say that this procedure is not recommended for those who have aortic insufficiency and those who recently had a cardiac catheterization. Also, patients with atrial fibrillation and severe hypertension must also stay away from EECP. If you have a history of deep venous thrombosis or you suffer from peripheral artery disease involving your legs, then you must not go for EECP either.
Besides these conditions, every patient suffering from angina can go for EECP treatment.
Health Articles1. How To Use An Online Pharmacy In The Uk Diazepam?
2. How Does Tramadol Help With Anxiety? How To Order Tramadol Online?
Author: Genrxonline CA
3. Organic Black Seed Oil A Natural Remedy For Insomnia
4. What If I Don’t Believe Vasthu
5. Survival Tips For New Gym Goers
Author: Rite Bite
6. Proven And Approved Hair Loss Treatment Options
Author: Pioneer Hair Transplant Center
7. Let Your Skin Tell The Story Of Your Happy Pregnancy – Here Are A Few Skin-care Routines You Can Try
Author: Prapti Chauhan
8. Document Shredding Services Assist To Safeguard Confidential Information
Author: Herb Scott
9. Chronic Headaches Treatment – Find It While Going For The Top Chiropractor!
Author: Robert Augustine
10. What Is So Beneficial About Organic Oregano Oil?
11. 6 Most Frequently Asked Questions On Teeth Whitening
Author: Claudia Lamington
12. How To Manage Stress With Life Coach – Ritu Singal
Author: Ritu Singal
13. How Is Surging Geriatric Population Driving Telemedicine Market?
Author: Pramod Kumar
14. Know The Use Of Disinfectant / Sanitization Tunnels On People
Author: Rohit Jamb
15. Know Some Common Causes Fire And Explosion Accidents