ALL >> Computers >> View Article
How To Re-add Missing Dock Icons On Macbook?
In case you are missing some items from the Dock on your Mac, then do not worry as you have come to the right place. This issue is quite common among the Mac users, and here we will present an easy solution for the situation. Here are the steps to re-add missing Dock icons on MacBook.
Drag & Drop
If you want to restore the missing icon, then you should drag it & drop it in the Dock, follow the instructions given below.
1. First of all, you have to launch the Finder on your Mac.
2. Then you should go to the Applications folder & open it. That’ wherever you will locate every application which is installed on the MacBook computer.
3. You should find the missing Dock icon.
4. After finding it, select its icon & move it to the Dock.
5. You can go over the Dock & select wherever you would like to put the missing icon. You should drop the icon wherever you want.
What If You Can’t Locate the Missing Icon in the Applications Folder?
Older MacOS Version:
1. Get started by launching the MacOS Finder.
2. Then you should go to the user folder. ...
... You will observe that all of the earlier mentioned folders are stored in the user folder.
3. Now, move them to the right-hand side of the Dock & place them.
Newer MacOS Version:
1. To get started, launch the Finder on your device.
2. Then you should scroll down to the Go menu.
3. Select the Home option.
4. Later, you have to find the folder that you would like to restore.
5. Now, move & place it on the right-hand side.
Dock the Icon During Using the Program
You need to Dock the icon during using the program, follow the steps mentioned below.
1. To begin with, locate the program whose icon is lost from the Dock.
2. When the icon comes on the right-hand side of the Dock, open it.
3. You have to select & hold the icon, & move it to the left-hand side of your Dock.
4. Now, if you exit the program, it’s icon will stay in the Dock.
Using Keyboard Shortcuts
If you want to use keyboard shortcuts, follow the instructions given below.
1. First, you have to launch the Finder on your device.
2. Then you should go to the folder or icon that you would like to drag to the Dock.
3. You have to choose the folder & icon.
4. Now, hold the Ctrl + Shift + Command + T at the same time.
Aida Martin is a technology enthusiast who loves writing about new advancements and IT threats on a regular basis. Her work focuses on the latest advancements in the realm of technology, social media, and cyber security at norton.com/setup.
IT expert having deep knowledge about PC antivirus products. Mainly researching and writing blogs. https://askmeyp.com/ | https://m4activate.co.uk/ | https://n4setup.co.uk/
Computers Articles1. What Is Clone Phishing?
2. For What Reason Is Cybersecurity Important For Banks?
3. What Are Cybersecurity Services?
4. Why Organisations Should Invest In A Managed Detection And Response Plan
5. Interactive Flat Panel The Next Big Thing In Education
Author: Optoma India
6. Update Features To Know When Installing Windows 10
7. How Buying Good Os And Applications Makes You Ready For Hybrid Work Culture?
8. Advance Multitasking Windows Os Within-built Security And Apps
9. Where To Get Original Microsoft Office 2019 Download Ay Good Rates?
10. Why Office 2019 Is The Best Software Suite For Microsoft Windows?
11. Why Windows 10 Operating System Is So Popular For Personal & Business Usage?
12. Important Points About Licensed Office 2019 Software You Should Know
13. How To Make Your Homes Equipped For Future Hybrid Work Culture?
14. Buy Licensed Andgenuine Licensed Microsoft Office For Professional And Personal Use
15. Why Windows 10 Ltsb Is So Popular Among Business Community