ALL >> Health >> View Article
What Should You Do In Case Of Cataract
In order to be sure that you are suffering from cataract you need to visit an Ophthalmologist. Explain in detail all the symptoms that you are experiencing. Answer all the questions in detail.
With the passage of time, a tin layer of film starts forming over the cornea, which in turn affects the vision. The affected person suffers from poor vision. If left unchecked it can lead to blindness. This is known as cataract and it is best to undergo Cataract surgery at the earliest to keep all vision related problems at bay.
Almost all the popular eye clinics in the city conduct this surgery. It is a laser operation that is done within 15 minutes. The operation does not take much time. For any kind of eye surgery it is important that you visit a certified Eye Specialist.
Some of the common symptoms of cataract include:
• Blurred or dim vision
• Vision problems felt more at night
• Light and glare sensitivity
• Need brighter light for reading and other activities
• You will see “halos” whenever you look towards light
• Your eyeglass prescriptions will be changed frequently in order to offer you a better vision
• The colors will look faded
• You will experience double vision, especially in the affected eye.
If you are experiencing any or all of the symptoms mentioned above, you can be rest assured that you are suffering from poor vision. However, in order to be sure that you are suffering from cataract you need to visit an Ophthalmologist. Explain in detail all the symptoms that you are experiencing. Answer all the questions in detail. Do not hide anything or hesitate in sharing your experience. Unless you clearly explain what you are undergoing, the doctor will not be able to prescribe the medicine. In case, you are not in favor of cataract surgery and would like to go for a second opinion, you can definitely do that. However, in most cases, if you are suffering from cataract, you have to undergo operation in order to improve your vision. Ask the doctor what are the measures that you need to follow once you have undergone the operation. Follow his instruction carefully. After the operation, you will be asked to wear a special sunglass that is given to cataract patients. This sunglass will prevent the dirt and the dust from entering the eye. If you are experiencing any kind of problem after he operation, don’t fail to inform it to the Ophthalmologist.
Generally a patient is asked to visit the doctor 1 week after the operation. He will carry out a regular checkup to make sure that everything is all right. However if you are experiencing swelling of the eye, water dripping from the eye, visit the doctor immediately. Don’t wait for the one-week to get over. In most cases all these doesn’t happen. The success rate of cataract surgery is very high. Hence, there is nothing to worry about. But if you are one of those few who is experiencing all the above things then seek medical attention on a priority basis. Don’t forget the adage – a stitch in time saves nine. So what are you waiting for? Book your appointment today without delay.
Refer to: http://www.alexanderkatzmd.com/ to know more about Cataract surgery Ophthalmologist, Eye Specialist, Cataract surgery.
Health Articles1. The Reality Of Melatonin Supplements To Treat Insomnia. Is It Worth It?
Author: Abhishek Mishra
2. Are You A Good Candidate For Dental Implants? Find Out
Author: Paulo Pinho
3. Best Supplement Brand In The World
4. A Definitive Guide To Depression
Author: Rohit Choudhary
5. Global Medical X-ray Protective Gloves Market Status (2015-2019) And Forecast (2020-2025)
Author: Statzy Market research
6. Halitosis : Causes Of Bad Breath
Author: Dr. P. Parthasarathi Reddy,
7. 5 Essentials Nutrients Of A Healthy Diet
8. Fertilizer Additives Market
9. Heal Rotator Cuff Tendinopathy With Regenerative Therapy Naturally
Author: George Campbell
10. Significant Reasons To Buy Standing Patient Lifts
Author: Kelvin Thomas
11. Top Reasons Why Turner Green-lipped Mussel Oil Is The Ultimate Superfood!
Author: Suhant Kumar
12. Ways To Increase The Success Rate Using Ivf Treatment
Author: Dr. Shivani Sachdev Gour
13. 5 Tips To Improve Your Relationship With Your Patients
14. How To Cope Up With Anxiety: Expert Advice From Psychologists
15. Indian Diet Plan For Weight Loss
Author: Jeeten Gupta