ALL >> Computers >> View Article
Name The Top Test Automation Tools Of The Decade
With quality becoming the cornerstone for businesses to succeed in the competitive IT landscape, technologies and paradigms like Agile and DevOps have taken centre stage. Since test automation is an important facet of these developments, businesses need to adopt the right test automation tools to deliver outcomes like customer satisfaction, continuous integration and delivery, improved productivity, ‘quality at speed’, cost-effectiveness, and ROI. Test automation today encompasses the usage of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning to optimize testing and generate a robust reporting mechanism, among others. Since test automation services make use of advanced tools to identify and remove glitches in the SDLC, it is better to analyze them and understand how they have shaped ‘testing’ in the past decade.
The use of test automation tools in consonance with smart analytics helps in quickening the decision-making process and validating the codes. This has been necessitated due to the preponderance of smart devices and integrated apps. So, let us learn about the top software test automation tools that can help businesses in positioning themselves with the latest trends in software testing. However, before analyzing the tools, let us first understand their benefits.
• Diagnose and fix glitches quickly before they can impact the UX
• Prevent bad software releases with automated regression tests
• Less time spent on maintaining tests as the latter get repaired automatically with every UI change
Top test automation tools of the decade
The decade has seen the advent and evolution of the automation testing approach as an important factor in redefining QA. The various tools help businesses in achieving the objectives of their test automation strategy.
1. Selenium: Selenium is the most popular open-source automation tool that has become the industry standard when it comes to software test automation of web applications. It offers flexibility with testers writing test scripts in multiple languages like Java, Python, C#, Ruby, PHP, and PERL. These scripts are capable of running on multiple operating systems such as Windows, Mac, and Linux as well as on browsers like Chrome, IE, Safari, Opera, Firefox, and others. The only disadvantage of Selenium is the need for testers to have advanced programming knowledge and building libraries and automation frameworks. One can access this automation tool at http://www.seleniumhq.org.
2. Lambda Test: This cloud-based, cross-browsing testing tool can be used to perform QA across numerous browsers and operating systems in varying screen resolutions. Test automation services can use the Lambda test tool to validate the compatibility of a website across mobile and desktop browsers. The tool can produce faster test screenshots and check responsiveness across devices. One can access the tool at https://www.lambdatest.com/?fp_ref=sumasri92.
3. Katalon Studio: This tool has emerged as one of the popular and effective test automation solutions supporting multiple operating platforms like Windows, Linux, and iOS. With support for Selenium and Appium engines, the tool offers an integrated test environment comprising features to validate API/web services, and web and mobile applications. It has scores of built-in keywords to create test cases and is suitable for exploratory and automated testing. The test capability of the tool can be further enhanced by using plugins on Katalon Store. One can access the tool at http://www.katalon.com.
5. Zephyr: This popular test management tool offers end-to-end automated software testing solutions comprising attributes such as better flexibility, insights, and visibility. Its key features include quick deployment options for cloud, data centre, and server. Besides, it offers advanced analytics, a DevOps-based reporting dashboard, and integration with automation servers like Jenkins, Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, and others.
The decade has seen QA take centre stage in response to a growing customer appetite for quality and high-performance software. Even though the above-mentioned list is not exhaustive, it comprises tools that are popular, mature, capable, and feature-rich to deliver DevOps outcomes like Continuous Integration and Delivery, quality at speed, and customer delight.
Computers Articles1. 5 Methods To Fix The Powerpoint File Size Problem
Author: Aida Martin
2. How To Repair Internet Explorer By Removing Malware On Your Updated System?
3. Obtaining Assistance Through Alternate Sources Of Printer Support
Author: murphy felicia
4. Affordable Ways Of Getting Good Features In A Website
Author: Jack Oram
5. How To Record And Edit Slow-motion Video On Your Iphone?
6. How To Record A Facetime Call On The Iphone Or Macbook?
7. What Is Best Free Crm Software In India Actually Used For?
8. Mantravy - Think Big Do Big
Author: komali sudha
9. Laptop Cooling Pad Reviews
Author: Jhon robinson
10. Acronis True Image 2020 Replicates Local Backups In The Cloud
Author: Maria Kurganova
11. Cell Phone Repair Abbotsford
Author: One stop Wireless
12. Preparation Material For Sap Certified Integration Associate - Sap Successfactors For Employee Centr
Author: Eliza Baker Dixon
13. Why Hybrid Softswitch Solution Is Perfect For The Providers?
14. A Guide On Mobile Sip Dialer And Top 2 Reasons To Use It
Author: sandip Patel
15. How To Fix Error Code 0xc00000e9 In Windows 10?
Author: How to Fix Error Code 0xc00000e9 in Windows 10?