ALL >> Real-Estate-and-Foreclosure >> View Article
Key Tips To A Perfect Exterior Paint Job
Are you planning to do the exterior paint job of your house? Well, a good exterior paint job will extend the life and increase the value of your house. The exterior paint protects your house from adverse climatic conditions. But it will be a waste of money and effort if the paint job you do is not right. There are a few basic things you must consider when you are painting the exterior of your house.
From choosing the right paint to prepping your home's exterior, we have got the best
ultratechcement.com">home painting tips to make your painting last long.
Wash the exterior -
Fungus thrives under the paint. It is always best to start with washing your exterior. You can use a mixture of water and a phosphate-free cleanser. You can also consider hiring a pressure wash which will make your life easier.
Remove the loose paint -
A clear surface is a must before you do a paint job. Once the exterior dries, remove loose and flaking paint. You can use a hand scraper or can use the electric one. Ensure that you wear a mask as small particles of the paint can enter your body.
Sand rough spots -
Make sure that exterior walls are uniform and do not have inconsistencies surface. Sand the rough spots using sandpaper to make the wall's surface even.
Fill and repair -
Your exterior home painting will be a waste if you do not fill and repair the walls before applying the paint. Fill the hole with a patching putty or use POP. If you have a major repair, it is best to hire a professional.
Apply wall putty -
Putty is a material with high plasticity, it is similar to clay or dough. There are mainly two types of wall putty, White cement putty and Acrylic wall putty. Cement putty coats will even out your uneven surface and give a smooth finish. It prevents flaking of the paint. Acrylic putty acts as a perfect base for topcoats. It increases the durability of the walls.
Apply Primer -
Applying primer before the paint provides an even base for topcoats. Primer seals the original material so that the paint doesn't soak into it, requiring extra coats. It also helps to hide the joints.
Buy the right paint -
Choosing the right paint is of prime importance. You can go with water-based acrylic latex or oil-based paints. If your exterior walls already sport an oil-based paint, you must stick with it. You should go with paint which can withstand the bad climate.
Anil Patel: 32 years Old. Writer and financial consultant. Music Lover and foodie.
Real Estate and Foreclosure Articles1. Which Is The Best Place In Mohali To Invest In Property?
Author: Harmanjot Singh
2. 7 Unbelievable Expert Tips For Finding The Right Office Space For Sale In India
3. 10 Experts Tips To Buy Individual House In Chennai
4. A Complete Guide - How To Find Cheap Apartments In Istanbul
Author: Saalm Tahir
5. Commonly Overlooked Healthcare And Safety Elements In Luxury Homes - The Rcc Walls And Marble Floors
6. How Computer Vision Is Aiding The Real Estate Industry In 2020?
7. Cut Your Property Taxes - 5 Ways To Fight Your Taxes Today And Save Future
8. Guide To Help You Get Ready To Avail Best Homes For Sale In Sacramento, Ca
Author: Henry Clark
9. Checklist For Selecting A Paying Guest
10. Real Estate In Hyderabad – Situation & Scopeent
11. Property Management Companies To Maximize The Property Value
Author: Ekirk patrick
12. Property In Delhi Ncr
Author: Rishabh Group
13. Sustainable Building Planning In Bromley: Emerging Market Trends In 2020
Author: Caitlin Allen
14. Listing An Investment Property With A Home Realtor - What Are The Problems?
Author: Rick Lopez
15. What Are Some Of The Top Commercial Leasing Services Offered By Professional Agencies?
Author: Rick Lopez