ALL >> Real-Estate-and-Foreclosure >> View Article
Key Tips To A Perfect Exterior Paint Job
Are you planning to do the exterior paint job of your house? Well, a good exterior paint job will extend the life and increase the value of your house. The exterior paint protects your house from adverse climatic conditions. But it will be a waste of money and effort if the paint job you do is not right. There are a few basic things you must consider when you are painting the exterior of your house.
From choosing the right paint to prepping your home's exterior, we have got the best home painting tips to make your painting last long.
Wash the exterior -
Fungus thrives under the paint. It is always best to start with washing your exterior. You can use a mixture of water and a phosphate-free cleanser. You can also consider hiring a pressure wash which will make your life easier.
Remove the loose paint -
A clear surface is a must before you do a paint job. Once the exterior dries, remove loose and flaking paint. You can use a hand scraper or can use the electric one. Ensure that you wear a mask as small particles of the paint can enter your body.
Sand rough spots -
Make sure that exterior walls are uniform and do not have inconsistencies surface. Sand the rough spots using sandpaper to make the wall's surface even.
Fill and repair -
Your exterior home painting will be a waste if you do not fill and repair the walls before applying the paint. Fill the hole with a patching putty or use POP. If you have a major repair, it is best to hire a professional.
Apply wall putty -
Putty is a material with high plasticity, it is similar to clay or dough. There are mainly two types of wall putty, White cement putty and Acrylic wall putty. Cement putty coats will even out your uneven surface and give a smooth finish. It prevents flaking of the paint. Acrylic putty acts as a perfect base for topcoats. It increases the durability of the walls.
Apply Primer -
Applying primer before the paint provides an even base for topcoats. Primer seals the original material so that the paint doesn't soak into it, requiring extra coats. It also helps to hide the joints.
Buy the right paint -
Choosing the right paint is of prime importance. You can go with water-based acrylic latex or oil-based paints. If your exterior walls already sport an oil-based paint, you must stick with it. You should go with paint which can withstand the bad climate.
Anil Patel: 32 years Old. Writer and financial consultant. Music Lover and foodie.
Real Estate and Foreclosure Articles1. Book Affordable Flats| Apartments For Sale| Gurgaon
Author: Future Return
2. Atlantic Properties Property
3. How Important Is Vastu Shastra In Buying A Perfect Dream Home?
Author: Neha Sharma
4. 2 Bhk Flats For Sale At 5,450/sq.ft In Uppal | Close Proximity To Metro Station And Nh163
Author: kamal prakash
5. Best Areas Where You Should Rent An Apartment In Qatar
Author: Zoey Fernandaz
6. Chokhi Dhani Resort Day Outings In Pune
Author: Chokhi Dhani Village Pune
7. Kiara 1, 2 Bhk Apartments In Sinhagad Road, Pune
Author: Avior Enterprises
8. Top 7 Infrastructural Feats By Top Architects In India
Author: Access Architects
9. Nivasa Aarambh 1 & 2 Bhk Apartments In Moshi, Pune
Author: Nivasa Group
10. Prop Mania Low Budget Flats & Apartments For Sale In Pune
Author: Prop Mania
11. 38 Park Majestique Ongoing Residential Projects At Undri Pune
Author: Majestique Landmarks
12. Steps To Find An Apartment For Rent Illinois?
13. Ongoing Commercial Property Showrooms At Pimple Saudagar, Pune
Author: Goel Ganga Group
14. Hmda Approved Plots For Sale Near To Orr At Close Proximity To It Corridors In Hyderabad
Author: kamal prakash
15. Pros Of Renting A Shared Office Space
Author: Ajay Mane