ALL >> Marketing >> View Article
How Important Are Images In A Website Strategy?
A common mistake both business owners and web designers make is going with the first image that looks good to them. Even though this may ultimately be better than not having any images on a website, this type of selection is unlikely to maximize the effectiveness of those images. To get the best results from the images you add to your website, it’s vital to take a few different factors into account:
Identifying a Purpose
When you start thinking about adding an image to any page on your website, you’ll want to think about the purpose that image should serve. This is because the style of image you choose for a sales page may be completely different from an informational blog post. Different content serves different purposes, which is something your website’s image strategy should reflect.
Additional Search Engine Traffic
The ability of images to send additional search engine traffic is something that’s commonly overlooked. By giving your images a descriptive filename and alt tag, you can help them rank well in Google Images and then get targeted visits from people searching for relevant terms.
Social Media Sharing
You’ve probably read about the importance of writing great headlines for the content you publish. The reason headlines matter so much is even if you have a great post or another piece of content, it’s not going to grab people’s attention without a great headline. That means fewer clicks on your site, as well as fewer shares on social media. The same concept applies to images. Complementing a piece of content with a great image will noticeably boost how well it performs on social media.
Don’t Forget to Optimize
While there are a lot of good things to say about strategic image selection for websites, there is one big potential downside. The file size of images can be quite large. If this type of image isn’t optimized by compressing its size, it can significantly increase how long it takes a website to load. And because speed is something that’s very important to Google, a website which takes longer than average to load may be ranked lower in Google’s results.
By incorporating images into your website strategy and thinking through the issues we covered above, you’ll be able to make your site even more compelling.
Main source of article: https://www.webstrategyplus.com/important-images-website-strategy/
I am Michelle Hummel, a web strategist, motivational speaker, social media trainer & entrepreneur. I am the owner of WebStrategyPlus.com. I am specialized in creating a social media content and digital marketing strategy to help you reach your target audience online.
Marketing Articles1. Global Undersea Warfare Market (2019-2025)
2. Social Media Agency In Pune - Saletify
Author: Saletify Marketing Agency
3. Custom Decorative Cardboard Packaging Boxes Are So Famous, But Why
Author: William Smith
4. Infoglobaldata Released 30,261 Optometrists Email List The Best Source For Healthcare Marketers
Author: Alexander Daniel
5. Iot In Marketing – Top 6 Benefits
Author: Chandrima Samanta
6. Digital Marketing Solutions India
7. Global Infrared Sensor Market Is Expected To Grow At A Cagr Of 9.2% During 2019 – 2026
8. Global Image Guided Therapy System (igt) Market Is Expected To Grow At A Cagr Of 6.3 % During 2019 –
9. Global Surgical Microscope Market Is Expected To Grow At A Cagr Of 11.4% During 2019 – 2026
10. Global Fitness App Market Is Estimated To Grow At A Cagr Of 21.5% From 2019 To 2026, Says Accurize M
11. Global Cobalt Acetate Market Is Estimated To Reach $xx Billion By 2026, Says Accurize Market Researc
12. The New Traffic Source Looks At Special Ways Of Utilizing Things Like Youtube To Take In Riches Wit
13. Data Science And Its Importance
Author: padmini atluri
14. Winter Colleciton
15. How Xamarin, Iot And Monaca Helps To Build Mobility Applications?