ALL >> Marketing >> View Article
How Important Are Images In A Website Strategy?
A common mistake both business owners and web designers make is going with the first image that looks good to them. Even though this may ultimately be better than not having any images on a website, this type of selection is unlikely to maximize the effectiveness of those images. To get the best results from the images you add to your website, it’s vital to take a few different factors into account:
Identifying a Purpose
When you start thinking about adding an image to any page on your website, you’ll want to think about the purpose that image should serve. This is because the style of image you choose for a sales page may be completely different from an informational blog post. Different content serves different purposes, which is something your website’s image strategy should reflect.
Additional Search Engine Traffic
The ability of images to send additional search engine traffic is something that’s commonly overlooked. By giving your images a descriptive filename and alt tag, you can help them rank well in Google Images and then get targeted visits from people searching for relevant terms.
Social Media Sharing
You’ve probably read about the importance of writing great headlines for the content you publish. The reason headlines matter so much is even if you have a great post or another piece of content, it’s not going to grab people’s attention without a great headline. That means fewer clicks on your site, as well as fewer shares on social media. The same concept applies to images. Complementing a piece of content with a great image will noticeably boost how well it performs on social media.
Don’t Forget to Optimize
While there are a lot of good things to say about strategic image selection for websites, there is one big potential downside. The file size of images can be quite large. If this type of image isn’t optimized by compressing its size, it can significantly increase how long it takes a website to load. And because speed is something that’s very important to Google, a website which takes longer than average to load may be ranked lower in Google’s results.
By incorporating images into your website strategy and thinking through the issues we covered above, you’ll be able to make your site even more compelling.
Main source of article: https://www.webstrategyplus.com/important-images-website-strategy/
I am Michelle Hummel, a web strategist, motivational speaker, social media trainer & entrepreneur. I am the owner of WebStrategyPlus.com. I am specialized in creating a social media content and digital marketing strategy to help you reach your target audience online.
Marketing Articles1. How Public Relations Services Are The Right Solution For All Your Communication Needs!
Author: Nilay Ankur - Twenty7 Inc.
2. Difference Between Marketing And Advertising
3. Get Access To The Comprehensive College Email Lists Offered By The School Data Lists
Author: Ryan Jack
4. Perfect Vinyl Wrap Toronto | Best Car Vinyl Wraps | Car Full Wrap
5. Can A Local Brand Agency In Delhi Do Full Justice To Your Investment?
Author: Namita Sharma
6. Top Magento Websites Efficiently Delivered By Our Experts
Author: Avtar Singh
7. A Quick Guide To Mobile Marketing
Author: CIMAC Marketing
8. Email Marketing Insights /analytics You Should Know In 2020
9. Digital Marketing For Hospitals
Author: Raja Vikram
10. Why You Should Get A Car Loan?
Author: Emily Jhon
11. Software Development Talent: How To Attract & Retain
Author: Charter Global
12. Waterproof Stickers And Their Uses
13. The Need For Businesses To Accelerate Digital Transformation
14. Smart Tips For Doing Social Media To Get Better Serp Ranking
Author: Organic Visit
15. A Digital Marketing Company In Sligo Can Help Any Businessrecover From A Crisis!
Author: Joe Donnell