ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Samdruptse Ropeway Namchi | Timings, Booking, Price & Gallery - Dril
Namchi is the capital of the district of South Sikkim. The appellation Namchi means Sky (Nam) High (Chi) in Sikkimese. It is one of the popular places of pilgrimage in South Sikkim and among the must visit Namchi Tourist Places. The Namchi Monastery, Ralang Monastery and Tendong Hill are local Buddhist pilgrimage centres.
The name Samdruptse Hill literally translates to the 'Wish Fulfilling Hill', as the hill is revered by many local monks, who worship the Hill, believing that the Hill is a dormant volcano, and only praying can keep the volcano dormant. There is a monastery under the statue with a beautiful interior and a very tranquil atmosphere. A grand copper prayer wheel adorns the entrance of the monastery. Inside there is a huge prayer hall where monks chant hymns during prayer time. It also has various paintings, historic sculptures, artifacts, and statues.
This place is considered to be an important tourist attraction; this ropeway was built on a difficult terrain towards the dual aim of providing eco-friendly and energy efficient system of transportation, and the development of tourism. It has proved to be a very popular part of the itinerary of visitors to Sikkim.
Ropeways Tickets, Timings and Price:
One has to spend Rs.150 per person for a two- way journey from Samdruptse to Rock Garden.
For children, the cost will be of Rs.75 for a two- way journey trip from Samdruptse to Rock Garden.
From PWD Bungalow to Rock Garden, Rs. 300 per person for Two way and Rs. 150 for children
From PWD Bungalow to Samdruptse, Rs. 400 per person for Two way and Rs. 200 for children
The ropeway will take approx 6 persons in one ride.
This service available 7 Days in a Week And Timings 10.30 AM TO 4.30PM.
Travel Articles1. Exotic India Wildlife Tours With Bespoke India Holidays
2. Know Everything About The Grand Canyon Of India
Author: Liamtra Travellers
3. The One Day Picnic Resort Around Bangalore
Author: Rohan Kumar
4. Spirit Airlines Tickets To Uruguay | Get Your Seat Now
Author: Joe Smith
5. Leicester Airport Taxis: Various Aspects And Benefits To Be Considered For Travelling To Destination
6. 4 Secrets To Create Your Own Travel Blog
Author: Emily Jhon
7. Long Island Wine Tours
Author: jenifer clark
8. Why Hiring Airport Taxi Service For Local Transport In The Leicester Area Is Best Choice?
9. Shirdi Flight Package From Chennai, Chennai To Shirdi Flight Package
Author: Sri Sairam Subhayatra
10. This Rakhi, Gift An Experience
Author: trees n tigers
11. 6 Essential Reasons To Consider Before Hiring Taxi Service Amsterdam
Author: Sophi Nelson
12. Reasons Why Vacation Rentals Are Better Than Hotels
Author: Matthew Shillington
13. Weekend Gateway 2020 Near Mumbai
Author: Ananya Seth
14. Get Information From Air Canada Customer Service United Kingdom (uk)
Author: John Carl
15. Britannia Airport Cars Is Ready To Serve 24 Hour At London Luton Airport Transfer
Author: britannia airport