ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Samdruptse Ropeway Namchi | Timings, Booking, Price & Gallery - Dril
Namchi is the capital of the district of South Sikkim. The appellation Namchi means Sky (Nam) High (Chi) in Sikkimese. It is one of the popular places of pilgrimage in South Sikkim and among the must visit Namchi Tourist Places. The Namchi Monastery, Ralang Monastery and Tendong Hill are local Buddhist pilgrimage centres.
The name Samdruptse Hill literally translates to the 'Wish Fulfilling Hill', as the hill is revered by many local monks, who worship the Hill, believing that the Hill is a dormant volcano, and only praying can keep the volcano dormant. There is a monastery under the statue with a beautiful interior and a very tranquil atmosphere. A grand copper prayer wheel adorns the entrance of the monastery. Inside there is a huge prayer hall where monks chant hymns during prayer time. It also has various paintings, historic sculptures, artifacts, and statues.
This place is considered to be an important tourist attraction; this ropeway was built on a difficult terrain towards the dual aim of providing eco-friendly and energy efficient system of transportation, and the development of tourism. It has proved to be a very popular part of the itinerary of visitors to Sikkim.
Ropeways Tickets, Timings and Price:
One has to spend Rs.150 per person for a two- way journey from Samdruptse to Rock Garden.
For children, the cost will be of Rs.75 for a two- way journey trip from Samdruptse to Rock Garden.
From PWD Bungalow to Rock Garden, Rs. 300 per person for Two way and Rs. 150 for children
From PWD Bungalow to Samdruptse, Rs. 400 per person for Two way and Rs. 200 for children
The ropeway will take approx 6 persons in one ride.
This service available 7 Days in a Week And Timings 10.30 AM TO 4.30PM.
Travel Articles1. Kilimanjaro Safari Zanzibar Tour Can Be A Lifetime Tour For You!
Author: Robert Wilson
2. Get Best Experience With Jetblue Airlines Reservations
Author: Hayes Mark
3. Colorful Towns In Europe - Lpo Holidays Lpo Holidays
Author: Vaishnavi Rao
4. Popular Places To Visit In Himachal
Author: Sanyukta Bhatia
5. 10 Places To Visit In Kerala In December 2019
Author: Ann Terena
6. 10 Things To Know About Tsavo West National Park.
Author: City Sighseeing Tours
7. Top Casinos In Las Vegas: (the City That Never Sleeps)
Author: James Smith
8. Why Cambridge City Attracts So Many Visitors - Thanks To Hop On Hop Off Cambridge Bus Tours
Author: Abrar Ali
10. Courier Service In Birmingham
11. What Is Degree Certification Attestation?
12. Romance In Bali For 4 Nights
Author: Vaibhav Tripcultr
13. Luxury Honeymoon In Bali
Author: Vaibhav Tripcultr
14. Cutting Edge Abu Dhabi - Explore The City’s Hottest Modern Attractions
Author: Deepak Nangla
15. Modes Of Private Southend Airport Transfer In London