ALL >> Health >> View Article
When You Need To Call An Emergency Dentist In Mclean
Dental emergencies can occur at any time, so look for an emergency dentist in McLean that offers early morning appointments and can also be available in the evening and weekends. Look for emergency dentists who have enough experience in dealing with all types of surgical and restorative dentistry. A dental emergency can be treated quickly to ensure the longevity and comfort of your teeth.
Types of Emergency Care
You can get various emergency dental services like root canals, fillings, bonding, bridge and crown repair, and problems with the gums and implant repair.
What to do during Dental Emergency
Bitten Tongue or Lip
Bitten lips and tongues are very common and vulnerable to injury, given their close space to teeth at the time of chewing.
Wound inside and around the mouth leads to significant bleeding as the area has a higher blood supply. The most common injuries to the lip and the tongue are bruising, potential cuts to the tissue, and swelling. To care for a bitten tongue or lip:
• Clean the injured area using mild soapy water
• Rinse well with water and hydrogen peroxide or saltwater
• Put a cold compress so that your swelling and pain will get reduced
• If your bite is too deep, then the area needs to be stitched by a surgeon, and some antibiotics may be required.
If there is an infection, consult for medical help with the following symptom:
• Drainage of pus
• Bad smell at the wound site or the wound portion is not healing
Object stuck in the teeth
Frequently objects get stuck between your teeth. This happens due to the tight spaces between the teeth, ill-fitting fillings, bridges and crowns, misaligned teeth, age, and potential gum disease. It is best you clean your teeth thoroughly both in the evening and morning and remove anything caught within the teeth quickly for avoiding any potential infection. Fibrous veggies, popcorn shells, meats, and nuts wedged between the teeth and cause discomfort. For treating an object caught in your teeth:
• Rinse your mouth or with warm salt water
• Floss the area where food got stuck and consider doubling or tripling the floss in thickness for increasing your surface texture
• Brush all tooth surfaces thoroughly
Never use any metal object or toll for cleaning between teeth and in the gum. Damage may occur in the soft tissue and enamel. If you are not removing the object, there can be discomfort and eventually increase. Please consult the emergency dentist in McLean to have the area professionally cleaned if the following systems show up:
• A bad odor coming from the site
• Bleeding when touching or with flossing
• Discomfort for more than 1 day
• Swelling along the jaw bone or at the area where the object got stuck
If your tooth got knocked out during an accident or sports, place the entire tooth in a cup of milk, pack gauze at the area of the lost tooth for reducing bleeding and immediately consult your dentist. Often teeth require implant replacement, and if the knocked-out teeth can be treated immediately, then it can be easily reset into the bone/gum.
McleanHealthySmiles, a dental clinic offering general dentistry services such as fillings, tooth restoration, Invisalign, extractions, root canals, bridges, veneers, teeth whitening, sealants, bruxism, emergency dental care, etc. in McLean, Great Falls, Falls Church, Arlington, Vienna, and DC. To know more, visit mcleanhealthysmiles.com/about-us.
Health Articles1. How To Heal Yourself From Heel Pain?
Author: Dave Woods
2. Reasons For Revenue Leakages In Durable Medical Equipment (dme) Billing
3. Credentialing For Dme Supplies
4. Here’s A Checklist You Should Be Aware Of While Setting Up A Dme Store
5. Crohn's Disease Flare-ups Causes & Managing Your Symptoms
6. Biopharma Market Overview 2020, Share , Trends & Industry Analysis
Author: scott mody
7. How Can You Have A Safe Plastic Surgery Process?
Author: Mark Taylor
8. Kansa Wand
Author: Shivani Bedi
9. What Precautions Should Be Taken After Kidney Transplant
Author: zawadia otieno
10. Uses Of Apple Cider Vinegar
11. Dme Billing Iessuehs That Blocks Your Revenue
12. This Thanksgiving Can Turn Positively The Financial Stability Of Many Healthcare Companies – By 24/7
13. Best Black Friday Cbd Deals
Author: browns cbd
14. Tips To Overcome Anxiety By Using Natural And Side Effect Free Solutions
Author: Luis Senon
15. Get Helpful Knowledge About Some Benefits Of Cbd Oil Tincture And Cream
Author: Luis Senon