ALL >> Health >> View Article
When You Need To Call An Emergency Dentist In Mclean
Dental emergencies can occur at any time, so look for an emergency dentist in McLean that offers early morning appointments and can also be available in the evening and weekends. Look for emergency dentists who have enough experience in dealing with all types of surgical and restorative dentistry. A dental emergency can be treated quickly to ensure the longevity and comfort of your teeth.
Types of Emergency Care
You can get various emergency dental services like root canals, fillings, bonding, bridge and crown repair, and problems with the gums and implant repair.
What to do during Dental Emergency
Bitten Tongue or Lip
Bitten lips and tongues are very common and vulnerable to injury, given their close space to teeth at the time of chewing.
Wound inside and around the mouth leads to significant bleeding as the area has a higher blood supply. The most common injuries to the lip and the tongue are bruising, potential cuts to the tissue, and swelling. To care for a bitten tongue or lip:
• Clean the injured area using mild soapy water
• Rinse well with water and hydrogen peroxide or saltwater
• Put a cold compress so that your swelling and pain will get reduced
• If your bite is too deep, then the area needs to be stitched by a surgeon, and some antibiotics may be required.
If there is an infection, consult for medical help with the following symptom:
• Drainage of pus
• Bad smell at the wound site or the wound portion is not healing
Object stuck in the teeth
Frequently objects get stuck between your teeth. This happens due to the tight spaces between the teeth, ill-fitting fillings, bridges and crowns, misaligned teeth, age, and potential gum disease. It is best you clean your teeth thoroughly both in the evening and morning and remove anything caught within the teeth quickly for avoiding any potential infection. Fibrous veggies, popcorn shells, meats, and nuts wedged between the teeth and cause discomfort. For treating an object caught in your teeth:
• Rinse your mouth or with warm salt water
• Floss the area where food got stuck and consider doubling or tripling the floss in thickness for increasing your surface texture
• Brush all tooth surfaces thoroughly
Never use any metal object or toll for cleaning between teeth and in the gum. Damage may occur in the soft tissue and enamel. If you are not removing the object, there can be discomfort and eventually increase. Please consult the emergency dentist in McLean to have the area professionally cleaned if the following systems show up:
• A bad odor coming from the site
• Bleeding when touching or with flossing
• Discomfort for more than 1 day
• Swelling along the jaw bone or at the area where the object got stuck
If your tooth got knocked out during an accident or sports, place the entire tooth in a cup of milk, pack gauze at the area of the lost tooth for reducing bleeding and immediately consult your dentist. Often teeth require implant replacement, and if the knocked-out teeth can be treated immediately, then it can be easily reset into the bone/gum.
McleanHealthySmiles, a dental clinic offering general dentistry services such as fillings, tooth restoration, Invisalign, extractions, root canals, bridges, veneers, teeth whitening, sealants, bruxism, emergency dental care, etc. in McLean, Great Falls, Falls Church, Arlington, Vienna, and DC. To know more, visit mcleanhealthysmiles.com/about-us.
Health Articles1. How To Remove Phlegm From Chest
2. Best Hospital For Lung Cancer Treatment In Chennai
Author: VS Hospitals
3. Mental Health Related Queries See A 50% Spike Since The Lockdown
Author: The Corona virus pandemic has not only affected o
4. How To Treat Ankle Arthritis With Regenerative Cell Treatment?
Author: George Campbell
5. How To Guard Yourself Against Air Pollution While Traveling
Author: Piyush saxena
6. Dense Breast Tissue And Risks
Author: Julia Anderson
7. What Is Fine Hair? How To Take Care Of Fine Hair?
8. Does Tapentadol Have The Same Effectiveness On Pain As Tramadol? Which Medication Is Cheaper?
Author: Paul Nelson
9. Dense Breast And It’s Cancer Connection
Author: Akshat Guha
10. Ayurvedic Herbal Medicine Without Any Side Effects
Author: Satish Chandra
11. Best Cbd Creams Against Pandemic
Author: Mary Power
12. 4 Benefits Of Acupuncture Therapy
13. High Blood Pressure And Headache – Is There A Connection?
Author: bappa dey
14. The Reasons A Third Party Makes Sense For Brisbane Mobile Drug Tests
Author: Daniel Anthony
15. Best Ent Hospital In Jaipur
Author: adinath ent hospital