ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
When Does Your Home Need Electrical Rewiring?
Do you know Fire and Rescue NSW responds to about 4500 residential fires each year? Yes, it is a shocking stat! In these, about 40% of a house fire is caused due to faulty electrical appliances. Often people tend to ignore house rewiring until something series happen with their electrical appliances, and fail to realise that the half of the electrical repairs are caused due to the underlying issue with the main electrical system.
Here are few tell-tale signs that indicate your house needs electrical rewiring with the help of an Electrician in Toowoomba.
The age of the house
The wiring in a house two decades before was basic as the load was much lesser. Older homes were not built to handle today’s electrical needs. If your house was built several decades before, there is a good chance it can’t handle today’s electrical needs. Just think of the load it takes from the refrigerators, air conditioners, heaters, televisions, and the lists go on and on. Even today’s smart locks need electrical power to function. So, it is obvious older homes need to be rewired to handle heavy electrical needs.
Frequently tripping breakers
Do your breakers trip constantly? That is not normal. Something is wrong with your main electrical system. Get it checked with your Toowoomba electrician as early as possible to save your electrical appliances. An overloaded wire causes the breaker to trip and can result in an electrical fire. If you notice that your breakers are frequently tripping, it’s a red flag indicating to upgrade the electrical system.
If your house is wired with aluminium wiring rather than copper, then it is time to replace it with copper wires. Aluminium wires can fail and cause overheating which results in a fire.
Do you notice that your lights get dim as soon as you switch on the iron box or vacuum cleaner or any other large appliance? It is time to upgrade your electrical system.
The wiring in your house is the primary element that feeds everything electrical in the household. The part of it can be damaged or malfunction as they age and may pose a serious fire hazard. However, it doesn’t mean that the aged electrical system is unsafe and has to be replaced. An experienced professional Toowoomba electrician should assess the condition of the old wiring and determine whether or not to be rewired.
Home and Garden Articles1. Tips For Customized Makeover Plans To Fit Your Design Needs
Author: Shreya Sharma
2. 5 Things To Check Before Selecting A House Cleaning Services
3. Save Your Roof, Save Your Life!
Author: Murphys Remedial Builders
4. Best Termite Control Services In Mumbai
5. Reasons For Having Steam Carpet Cleaning
Author: Mr. Clean Carpet Cleaning
6. Home Automation: Control Your World
7. Pool Steps – Great Choice To Enter And Exit Water
Author: My Pool
8. Buying The Swimming Pool Filter Parts After Considering These Things!
Author: My Pool
9. Take A Look At Different Kinds Of Pool Filter And Its Benefits
Author: My Pool
10. Common Problems With Solar Panels
Author: Edmund Brunetti
11. Four Unique Decorating Tips To Give Your Room A New Look
12. Growing An Appreciation Of Shrubs In The Fairy Garden
Author: Florence Blum
13. Let’s Find Together Professionals For Your Hvac Duct Installation Georgia
Author: Nak Global
14. How To Replace Your Old Toilet With A Duravit Toilet Seat
15. Are You Looking For An Inexpensive upvc French balcony Window which Gives The Best View?
Author: Pooja Sharma