ALL >> Food,-Cooking-and-Drink >> View Article
Try The Onion Masala Dosa Recipe Instead Of Potatoes This Time!
If you are bored of potatoes in your masala dosa, how about you just prepare the same without it! Well, don’t worry, it will still be called a masala dosa, instead you will work more on the onions and tomatoes.
This article will assist you with the onion dosa which can be a perfect brunch choice for weekends. Speaking of masala dosa recipe, this one is surly simple and faster. Let’s start with the list of ingredients.
Ingredients of Onion Masala Dosa recipe
For Onion Masala:
1. Refined oil
2. Sliced onions
4. Cumin seeds
5. Mustard seeds
6. Black Pepper
7. Red chili powder
8. Curry leaves
9. Finely chopped tomatoes
1. Rice Flour
2. Ural Dal, soaked overnight
4. Curry Leaves
For making a perfect masala dosa, one thing which is very important is the consistency of the dosa batter. To make the batter, grind the soaked overnight urad dal. Once you get the smooth paste, add the rice flour, salt and curry leaves in the same. It must be pouring consistency, so add water little by little. Keep it aside for a while till it ferment on its own.
Now, take the frying pan to make the onion masala. Start with heating the oil on the medium flame. Once the oil is hot, add cumin seeds and let it spatter. Once that happen, add the mustard seeds, green chilies, and curry leaves. Add the sliced onions and mix it well. You can add all the spices at this stage.
Once the onion turns pink, add the chopped tomatoes and mix well. Now cook it for 10 minutes and keep it aside. Once the batter is fermented, it is time to start with final stage of recipe of masala dosa. Take a flat dosa pan and heat the oil on the low flame.
Pour the batter and spread the same in the circulation motion till it is evenly done. Once the dosa starts turning slight golden brown, add the onions masala in the middle and spread it evenly.
Once the dosa turns golden brown, it is time to wrap the dosa in either quads or three folds depending on the same you like. Now serve the same with delicious sambar.
Author Bio: I am Snehal and a food blogger and my family loves having masala dosa recipe with too many potatoes. So this time, I tried onion masala dosa, which they like it now!
Food, Cooking and Drink Articles1. Try A Delicious Dry Rub For Lamb Chops
Author: Mike Hernandez
2. Prepare Healthy Recipes And Stay Healthy With Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3. Handmade Atta Cookies Manufacturer-eminent Global
4. Great Food Essentially Builds, Nurtures & Reforms Our Mood (explained)
5. Schezwan Masala Dosa Recipe: A Healthy Option For Your Kids
6. Tips To Consider While Eating Beef Jerky In Restaurants
Author: Empire Jerky
7. Special Cakes For Delivery In Chennai
8. Want To Make Your Dinner Special? Go With This Guide (explained)
9. Two Important Factors That Lead Us To Happiness & Fulfillment (explained)
10. Real & Lovely Treat Is Cake (explained)
11. Soan Papdi, Motichoor Ladoo & Mohanthal Sweet (try Them Because You Will Love It)
12. Bergen County Restaurants With Private Rooms
Author: Brick House
13. Delicious Handmade Jeera Cookies Available At Dubai
14. Smax Has Max Vg E-liquid For Sale
Author: Anthony Le
15. Eminent Global- Handmade Cookies Suppliers In Dubai