ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Plan Your Muktinath Tour For A Religious-cum-adventurous Experience - Here's Why.
Nepal is known for its sprawling mountain ranges, eclectic heritage, Buddhism and the presence of some major holy shrines and sites. One of them is the sacred temple of
Muktinath Temple. It is a major destination for the religiously inclined tourists in Nepal and that includes both the Hindus and Buddhists.
Located at an altitude of 3800 meter, the temple is in Mustang district. Muktinath happens to be one of the 108 holy places of the vaishnavas. As per the mythology, this is where Lord Vishnu was free from the curse given by Sati.
Things that have made it famous
There are so many things to explore and experience in the sacred Muktinath Temple- that visitors become mesmerized. The main shrine is quite enticing and it resembles a big pagoda. The Jwaladevi is another attraction. This is a holy flame that has been burning since the ancient times.
The temple of Muktinath is almost on par with the iconic Pashupatinath temple in Nepal-another holy destination for the Buddhist and Hindu pilgrims. At Muktinath, you see 108 water spouts that are shaped as cow’s heads. The kali Gandaki River is another attraction from where you can take ancient fossils for home.
What you can do at Muktinath?
After reaching the temple you can do a lot of things to fulfill your religious desires or simply for feeling good. You will see hundreds of pilgrims and visitors bathing in the holy water-anytime of the year. It is a means of purifying the body before entering the temple.
Even if you are not a pilgrim, Muktinath Yatra will be enjoyable owing to the amazing scenic beauty of the place. From the temple premises, you can enjoy watching amazing view of the Himalayas. It is also a welcome break from the clutter and pollution of the cities.
When to visit Muktinath?
It is best to plan your Muktinath Tour between the months March to May. The temperature remains tolerable and pleasant in these months. In winter months it gets cold but that does not deter a section of tourists. It is better to evade traveling in the monsoon for safety reasons.
Tips to ensure your trip to Muktinath is enjoyable
To ensure you face no problem while exploring Muktinath, you can utilize the below listed tips:
• Since it is located in the Himalayas, you will definitely need a lot of warm clothes. You should pack in enough jackets, sweaters, woolens, thermal underwear, along with suitable boots and gloves. If you visit in the winter, be prepared to brave snowfalls too.
• You have to arrange for accommodation much in advance for Muktinath trip. It is a much sought after destination and booking at the eleventh hour is not advisable. There are plenty of hotels and tourist lodges in nearby regions. You can also opt for dharamshalas if you are on a modest budget. The top tour agencies offering Muktinath Tour Package arrange for decent accommodation.
• If you have issues with high altitude and respiratory conditions, carry suitable medications.
• To visit the famous temple, you will need to pay an entry fee. This can be done at Kathmandu and Pokhara. Indians need to pay INR 200.
How to reach?
There are several ways to reach Muktinath.
• You can reach Kathmandu by flight and take a bus from the capital city to the temple. This can be almost a 24 hour long journey through Pokhara.
• You may also reach Pokhara and take a bus from there to reach the temple. You can also opt for shared jeeps.
• If budget is not a problem, you can take a flight from Pokhara to Jomsom. From there you can reach muktinath yatra
https://www.weramblers.com We Ramblers is a leading Adventure Travel Provider in Bangalore, India organizes trips for all kind travel lovers and mostly adventure trips. As We Ramblers is a community that serves as a platform for the travel enthusiasts. Share your travel stories and meet budding travellers.
Travel Articles1. How To Get A Free Accommodation In A Hotel In Dursley
Author: Amery Ortego
2. Short And Easy Treks In Nepal For Beginners, Family And Elderly
Author: Rajesh Thapaliya
3. Spirit Airlines Reservations
Author: Spirit Airlines Reservations
4. 10 Simple Tools To Research And Build An Effective Strategy For Your Taxi(any) Business
Author: Vignesh Tech
5. Planning A Family Friendly Holiday To Egypt And Jordan
Author: Cliff Collins
6. 4 Reasons To Visit Holland
7. Heathrow Airport Transfer-your Choices For Travel To Airport
Author: john steffan
8. Detailing The Luxury Details Of Puerto Vallarta Villas For Rent
Author: Casa Yvonneka
9. Reasons Uganda Is Ideal For Gorilla Trekking
10. Reasons To Visit Serengeti National Park
Author: Otto Mlanda
11. Reasons To Visit Selous Game Reserve
12. Kenya – The Ultimate Destination For Adventure Tours
Author: Imraan Nanji
13. City Of Elegancy & Charm – Islamabad
Author: Eric Wilson
14. How Do You Hire A Personal Driver In Los Angeles?
Author: Gregory Fibble
15. How To Make Aeromexico Reservations Online?