ALL >> Travel >> View Article
How To Optimize The Annapurna Base Camp Trek Cost?
Mountains hold a mysterious allure about them that is simply irresistible to avoid. If it is the mighty Himalayas, then it is not just about the mystery but also about numerous legends surrounding them.
Annapurna Ranges is one of the most famous trekking hotspots of the world that can help you get a glimpse of many eight-thousanders of the world at a glance. Graded as moderate to severe level trek,
Annapurna Base Camp Trek leads to the final destination, Mount Annapurna, the 10th highest peak of the world.
The nine-day trek covers a total of 70 kilometers and reaches a maximum altitude of 13,500 ft above sea level. This trek begins at a mere 4,600 ft at Pokhara and continues through Ghandrukh, Chhomrong, Bamboo, Machchapuchhre base camp and finally reaching the Annapurna Base Camp.
A few significant highlights of Annapurna Base Camp Trek
• Chance to explore the beautiful and traditional culture of Gurung and Magar's people living full time at such high altitudes.
• Taking a dip at the hot spring of Jhinu Danda
• Chance to explore the iconic Gandruk Village.
• Chance to see the beautiful view of sunrise over the mountains from the top of Poonhill.
• Overnight campsite stay at the base of world 10th highest mountain peak Annapurna
• Spectacular panoramic views of Mt. Annapurna, Machhapuchhre Range, Dhaulagiri, Hiunchuli among many other
The trek from Pokhara costs something between 30000 INR to 55000 INR during peak season. However, this cost can be optimized to a great extent if the trek is planned well and in an orderly fashion.
Planning transportation and lodging beforehand.
We all know any flight tickets are always cheaper if booked months ahead of the date. This, in itself, saves up a lot of money and makes a huge difference. Also, make sure to check for offers and deals to make it a bit more flexible.
Similarly, hotel bookings tend to spike their charges during peak seasons. However, if booked ahead of time, the extra expenses can be easily curbed.
Experimenting with local cuisines and packed home food
The teahouses and local stalls are a great way to experiment with your fooding at a lower price. The meals prepared by the locals are often fresh and cheaper too. Carrying pre-packed dry food like nuts, raisins, protein bars, noodles are also a great way to save money.
Carrying filtered water
Packaged drinking water is expensive. Though the Annapurna Base Camp Trek area is filled with many springs and falls, they are not always safe to drink. If you carry your filtered water’s bottles, you can save a great deal of money as packaged water is wholly excluded from the budget.
Pack light to avoid needing porter
Porters for treks are often 10 to 15% of the total package cost. They are quite expensive. If you plan and pack smartly, you have a piece of lighter and smaller baggage that can be self cartable without trouble.
Buy proper travel insurance
Travel insurance is often a neglected and least chosen option. This one-time investment may look like a waste of money, but over the long run, they are a great savior in case of any trouble that you may face during the tour -
• Take care of the Trekking permits and Conservation area permit fees beforehand.
• Download offline PDF and maps and save on guides
Guides are also another additional expense that can be easily avoided if you take help from Google and various other online platforms.
Choose when to go
Peak Season for taking the Annapurna Base Camp Short Trek is the end of October/November/(early) December while the Second Best Season often is March-May. During this second season, the cost of boarding and lodging is significantly reduced as it is an offseason.
These simple guidelines if implemented can help in reducing the cost of traveling to Annapurna Base Camp a great deal more budget-friendly.
https://www.weramblers.com We Ramblers is a leading Adventure Travel Provider in Bangalore, India organizes trips for all kind travel lovers and mostly adventure trips. As We Ramblers is a community that serves as a platform for the travel enthusiasts. Share your travel stories and meet budding travellers.
Travel Articles1. How To Get A Free Accommodation In A Hotel In Dursley
Author: Amery Ortego
2. Short And Easy Treks In Nepal For Beginners, Family And Elderly
Author: Rajesh Thapaliya
3. Spirit Airlines Reservations
Author: Spirit Airlines Reservations
4. 10 Simple Tools To Research And Build An Effective Strategy For Your Taxi(any) Business
Author: Vignesh Tech
5. Planning A Family Friendly Holiday To Egypt And Jordan
Author: Cliff Collins
6. 4 Reasons To Visit Holland
7. Heathrow Airport Transfer-your Choices For Travel To Airport
Author: john steffan
8. Detailing The Luxury Details Of Puerto Vallarta Villas For Rent
Author: Casa Yvonneka
9. Reasons Uganda Is Ideal For Gorilla Trekking
10. Reasons To Visit Serengeti National Park
Author: Otto Mlanda
11. Reasons To Visit Selous Game Reserve
12. Kenya – The Ultimate Destination For Adventure Tours
Author: Imraan Nanji
13. City Of Elegancy & Charm – Islamabad
Author: Eric Wilson
14. How Do You Hire A Personal Driver In Los Angeles?
Author: Gregory Fibble
15. How To Make Aeromexico Reservations Online?