ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Ebc Trek - How To Trek In The Budget?
Trekking through the magnificent valleys of Himalaya is something we all dream of doing at least once in a lifetime. However, it is not as easy as many travel bloggers or enthusiasts claim. A big part of the trek is based on planning the right budget for the entire tour to and fro Everest Base Camp.
Important points one needs to remember about EBC Trek
According to famous mountaineering enthusiast Edmund Hillary, ‘Everything is one step easier if planned well in advance’ -
• First and the most important thing to keep in mind while deciding for EBC trek is it is not any climb. Instead, it involves trekking activity on most of the parts consists of mountain paths in combination with a few gentle gradients.
• Everest Base Camp Trek does not require any technical equipment, rope, crampons, and technical skills. It is a straightforward trek, which can be completed by normal people in the Himalayan region.
• Most of the time, trekkers deal with the problem of altitude sickness or hallucination when they move ahead across high altitudes during the EBC trek. The reason for this is that at high altitudes, the percentage of oxygen reduced to almost half than that present at the sea level.
• Although, there is no specific treatment to deal with this problem; you may prevent it by following a few essential points. That involves enough time to rest and acclimatize, gradually ascend to the altitude, have good food and enough amount of water.
Planning the budget to trek to the Everest Base Camp
• On an average, the budget for a 12 to 14 days Everest Base Camp trek from Katmandu will cost anywhere between 45,000 INR to 65,000 INR. This does not include the cost of travel to Katmandu from your location. Nor does it cover any boarding or food expenses before the start of the trek. However, if planned well this cost can be reduced a great deal.
• Porter cost to carry your luggage from Lukhla to Gorakshep and return can cost about 5 to 10,000 INR depending on the duration and weather. This cost can be completely eradicated if you decide to travel light and carry your luggage.
• Monjo, Namche, and Dingboche are a few places where you have an option for food and board. However, one can easily cut the cost by carrying dry snacks and protein bars along instead of buying snacks on the route.
• Similarly staying in hostels, tents, and campground also save up a ton of money that can be wasted if you choose the traditional homestays and resorts.
• Water is also a much-needed necessity to remain hydrated during the trek that can incur a lot of money if purchased. However, this cost can also be controlled if you carry a refill bottle with an excellent internal filtration system of its own.
• Trekking gears are expensive, and so are the heavy-duty thermal wears. These are often a onetime use worthy purchase unless you are a regular high altitude hiker. Instead of heavily investing in these purchases, one can easily rent them from any of the stores at Katmandu. Alternatively, one can spend the said amount on a pair of very sturdy boots, sunglasses, gloves, and beanies.
• Off-season trek to EBC may be slightly tougher to handle, but it is often much cheaper. And also booking way in advance also helps in reducing the overall budget of the trek to Everest Base Camp.
A well-planned itinerary for the Everest Base Camp Trek can help a great deal in making a budget-friendly planner and also reduce at least 10 to 20 % of the overall cost.
https://www.weramblers.com We Ramblers is a leading Adventure Travel Provider in Bangalore, India organizes trips for all kind travel lovers and mostly adventure trips. As We Ramblers is a community that serves as a platform for the travel enthusiasts. Share your travel stories and meet budding travellers.
Travel Articles1. How To Get A Free Accommodation In A Hotel In Dursley
Author: Amery Ortego
2. Short And Easy Treks In Nepal For Beginners, Family And Elderly
Author: Rajesh Thapaliya
3. Spirit Airlines Reservations
Author: Spirit Airlines Reservations
4. 10 Simple Tools To Research And Build An Effective Strategy For Your Taxi(any) Business
Author: Vignesh Tech
5. Planning A Family Friendly Holiday To Egypt And Jordan
Author: Cliff Collins
6. 4 Reasons To Visit Holland
7. Heathrow Airport Transfer-your Choices For Travel To Airport
Author: john steffan
8. Detailing The Luxury Details Of Puerto Vallarta Villas For Rent
Author: Casa Yvonneka
9. Reasons Uganda Is Ideal For Gorilla Trekking
10. Reasons To Visit Serengeti National Park
Author: Otto Mlanda
11. Reasons To Visit Selous Game Reserve
12. Kenya – The Ultimate Destination For Adventure Tours
Author: Imraan Nanji
13. City Of Elegancy & Charm – Islamabad
Author: Eric Wilson
14. How Do You Hire A Personal Driver In Los Angeles?
Author: Gregory Fibble
15. How To Make Aeromexico Reservations Online?