ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Ebc Trek - How To Trek In The Budget?
Trekking through the magnificent valleys of Himalaya is something we all dream of doing at least once in a lifetime. However, it is not as easy as many travel bloggers or enthusiasts claim. A big part of the trek is based on planning the right budget for the entire tour to and fro Everest Base Camp.
Important points one needs to remember about EBC Trek
According to famous mountaineering enthusiast Edmund Hillary, ‘Everything is one step easier if planned well in advance’ -
• First and the most important thing to keep in mind while deciding for EBC trek is it is not any climb.
Instead, it involves trekking activity on most of the parts consists of mountain paths in combination with a few gentle gradients.
• Everest Base Camp Trek does not require any technical equipment, rope, crampons, and technical skills. It is a straightforward trek, which can be completed by normal people in the Himalayan region.
• Most of the time, trekkers deal with the problem of altitude sickness or hallucination when they move ahead across high altitudes during the EBC trek. The reason for this is that at high altitudes, the percentage of oxygen reduced to almost half than that present at the sea level.
• Although, there is no specific treatment to deal with this problem; you may prevent it by following a few essential points. That involves enough time to rest and acclimatize, gradually ascend to the altitude, have good food and enough amount of water.
Planning the budget to trek to the Everest Base Camp
• On an average, the budget for a 12 to 14 days Everest Base Camp trek from Katmandu will cost anywhere between 45,000 INR to 65,000 INR. This does not include the cost of travel to Katmandu from your location. Nor does it cover any boarding or food expenses before the start of the trek. However, if planned well this cost can be reduced a great deal.
• Porter cost to carry your luggage from Lukhla to Gorakshep and return can cost about 5 to 10,000 INR depending on the duration and weather. This cost can be completely eradicated if you decide to travel light and carry your luggage.
• Monjo, Namche, and Dingboche are a few places where you have an option for food and board. However, one can easily cut the cost by carrying dry snacks and protein bars along instead of buying snacks on the route.
• Similarly staying in hostels, tents, and campground also save up a ton of money that can be wasted if you choose the traditional homestays and resorts.
• Water is also a much-needed necessity to remain hydrated during the trek that can incur a lot of money if purchased. However, this cost can also be controlled if you carry a refill bottle with an excellent internal filtration system of its own.
• Trekking gears are expensive, and so are the heavy-duty thermal wears. These are often a onetime use worthy purchase unless you are a regular high altitude hiker. Instead of heavily investing in these purchases, one can easily rent them from any of the stores at Katmandu. Alternatively, one can spend the said amount on a pair of very sturdy boots, sunglasses, gloves, and beanies.
• Off-season trek to EBC may be slightly tougher to handle, but it is often much cheaper. And also booking way in advance also helps in reducing the overall budget of the trek to Everest Base Camp.
A well-planned itinerary for the Everest Base Camp Trek can help a great deal in making a budget-friendly planner and also reduce at least 10 to 20 % of the overall cost.
https://www.weramblers.com We Ramblers is a leading Adventure Travel Provider in Bangalore, India organizes trips for all kind travel lovers and mostly adventure trips. As We Ramblers is a community that serves as a platform for the travel enthusiasts. Share your travel stories and meet budding travellers.
Travel Articles1. West Croydon Minicabs & Airport Transfer | 02086864545 | Cabhoo Minicabs Croydon.
2. Bachelor Or Bachelorette Parties In San Antonio With A Cheap Limo Service Near Me
Author: Limo Service DC
3. Things You Must Know Before Moving To New Zealand
Author: Sumit Goyal
4. Get Rid Of Your Travel Woes By Hiring Air Charter Services
Author: Club One Air
5. Kheerganga Trek An Exquisite Walk In Hiamalayas
Author: Karandeep Singh
6. Swaraj Mazda Hire In Bangalore || Swaraj Mazda Rentals In Bangalore || 09019944459
7. Hot Air Balloon Ride In Tennessee- An Incredible Holiday And Travel Destination
Author: Robert Jason
8. United Airlines Reservations Official Site
9. Best Rent A Car Services In Islamabad
Author: Pak Car Rentals
10. Places To Visit In North America By Considering Spirit Airlines Reservations
Author: Chrish Smith
11. Gai Jatra – A Journey Of The City And Heavens
Author: Nepa Booking
12. 10 Essential Tips To Know Before Taking The Kailash Mansarovar Yatra
13. Exotic India Wildlife Tours With Bespoke India Holidays
14. Know Everything About The Grand Canyon Of India
Author: Liamtra Travellers
15. The One Day Picnic Resort Around Bangalore
Author: Rohan Kumar