ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Mata Vaishno Devi
Mata Vaishno Devi Mandir is a Hindu temple dedicated to the Hindu Goddess Mahalakshmi, located in Katra at the Trikuta Mountains within the Indian union territory of Jammu and Kashmir.The main cave temple is the biggest pilgrimage attractions in the region. Housing Goddess Mata Adi Shakti, the Vaishno Devi temple is the biggest tourist attraction in the trip.
The ropeway inaugurated by the Governor of Jammu & Kashmir, Satyapal Malik would cost devotees INR 100 per person. The goddess Shakti is the presiding deity of this 100 foot long cave temple. Ropeway would reduce the time taken to reach Bhairo Valley from Vaishno Devi Bhawan to 5 minutes from 3 hours.
How Ropeway works
A ropeway is a mode of transport in which special types of carriers are suspended from, or simply attached to, an overhead rope to facilitate the transfer of materials, goods or passengers, from one point to another. The rope is stretched between, and supported at, the end-point stations using anchors.
Places to See in and around Mata Vaishno Devi
• Mata Vaishno Devi Temple – The main cave temple is the biggest pilgrimage attractions in the region. Housing Goddess Mata Adi Shakti, the Vaishno Devi temple is the biggest tourist attraction in the trip.
• Ardh Kuwari Cave – Before making Bhavan her abode, Mata Adi Shakti is believed to have spent 9 months in this cave.
• Bhairavnath Temple – Dedicated to the saint Bhairavnath, no trip to Katra or Mata Vaishno Devi is ever complete without having visited the famous Bhairavnath Mandir.
• Nau Devi Temple – Located near Katra, the cave temple houses 9 deities which are incarnations of Goddess Durga.
• Dera Baba Banda – Located near Katra, the 300 years old Gurudwara is dedicated to Baba Banda Bahadur.
Travel Articles1. Top 3 Beaches Your Puri Holiday Package Must Include
Author: Dinesh Das
2. Valencia - The City Is Always Fragrant With Lemon And Orange Blossom
Author: Mo Othman
3. Top 3 Romantic Greek Islands For Couples
Author: Riya Jain
4. A Quick Guide On How To Apply For Visas
Author: Maria Robin
5. Top Benefits Of Using An Airport Transfer Service
Author: Top Shelf Transfers
6. Explore Neil Island And Port Blair On Your Tour To The Andaman Islands
7. Day Picnic Resort Near Bangalore
Author: Rohan kumar
8. Making Old "pre-owned" Airplanes New Again
9. Airport Transfers South West London Service Facilities And Merits
Author: tony smith
10. A Guide For First Time Travellers
Author: Zoe John
11. Delta Airlines Reservations
Author: Andrew Jones
12. Everest Base Camp Trek Guide For Fit
Author: Passang Tsering Sherpa
13. Plan The Perfect Mendoza Wine Tours With Tango Tours
14. Importance Of An Expert Dubai Car Rental Company
15. The Anatomy Of How To Find The Cheap London City Airport Taxi
Author: tony smith