ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
How Do I Get Rid Of Moss On My Pavers In Fort Myers?
Moss will grow on almost any surface in the right conditions in Fort Myers. Over time, airborne particles such as dust and dirt will combine with the sand in the joints to create a perfect place for moss to thrive specially in your pavement. Shady spots, humid conditions, damp areas and periods of prolonged wet weather will accelerate growth. The best defense against moss is to be proactive and remove it early. How do you get rid of moss on your pavers? The best solution is to call ProGreen Landscaping and Pavers.
If you notice a little moss on your Fort Myers landscape, you can often control it yourself. Your goal is to remove the moss from the surface without affecting your landscape design in Fort Myers. To reduce the damage to your landscape and pavement, you should tackle this chore on a day when the surface is dry, and the sand is firm. Here are some tips from ProGreen Landscaping and Pavers on how to get rid of moss on your pavers.
1. Keep your patio or walk clean. Don’t allow any dirt, leaves, mulch or debris to accumulate. Clean the surface weekly with a broom or blower.
2. Keep it dry. Remove any standing water with a broom or blower as soon as possible, particularly areas that remain shaded and not exposed to the sun. Repair any low areas so that the water drains off.
3. Remove any new moss quickly. As soon as you begin to see some greenish growth, remove it. If left unchecked, it will grow rapidly and take root in the joint sand. Once this happens, removal is much more difficult and time-consuming. Then the process of removing the moss could affect the sand and new jointing sand will have to be installed.
Follow these steps:
1. Use a stiff broom to sweep the moss off the joints and pavers. A smaller scrub brush could be used in tight corners or smaller areas. Sweep or blow all the debris from the surface and dispose of it.
2. If you still see evidence of moss, mix a 10-15% solution of bleach and water in a bucket. Pour it over the affected areas and agitate it with a stiff broom. In some cases you may have to use a hard bristle brush in the joints but be careful not to disturb any of the joint sand.
3. Rinse the entire area with freshwater and let it dry.
The best way to control moss on your pavers in Fort Myers is to keep them clean, dry, and wash them several times a season. You can treat them regularly with a 10-15% bleach solution as a preventative measure.
Although sealing your pavers will not prevent moss, it can limit the amount of moisture in the pavers and joints. This will slow the growth of moss and make it much easier to keep clean and moss free.
If you have a significant amount of moss on your pavers, it might be a job best left for a professional for landscape maintenance in Fort Myers. We’d be happy to meet with you and discuss the solutions we offer. Click here to set up an appointment for a free estimate. We would love to meet you and discuss making your dream landscape in Fort Myers a reality. Arrange a quote today and one of our friendly landscapers will be in touch shortly to discuss your landscaping needs and see if we are a good fit for one another. Give us a call at 239-747-7460 for Paving Service and 239-747-7591 for Landscaping Services.
Home and Garden Articles1. 5 Advantages Of Limestone Blocks
Author: Daniel Maxted
2. 5 Considerable Factors For Buying Your Office Furniture
Author: Hardy Singh
3. Importance Of Security Screen Doors
Author: Lincoln Gawler
4. Questions To Ask While Choosing House Painters
Author: Nashil Munshi
5. Why Do You Need A Professional For Landscape Design In Fort Myers, Fl?
Author: ProGreen Landscaping and Pavers
6. What You Need To Know About Landscape Lighting In Fort Myers, Fl
Author: ProGreen Landscaping and Pavers
7. Guide To Choosing The Right Kitchen Worktop For You
Author: Stone Interiors
8. Modular Kitchen Layout
Author: Regalo Kitchens
9. How To Recruit The Best Company For Garage Door Repair And Installation
10. Top 5 Factors That Impact Garage Door Repair Fix Cost
11. Garage Door Repair - Important Things To Keep In Mind
12. 3 Signs You Might Need A Garage Door Repair
13. Why You Should Hire Garage Door Repair Service
14. Can A Professional Garage Door Repair Service Keep Your Home Safe?
15. Getting A Garage Door Repair Service In Lexington Ky Area