ALL >> Travel >> View Article
What Are The Precautions That Should Be Taken While Stay At Mining Camp?
When you decide to start working in the Queensland mining sector, it’s important that you’re familiar with the different types of mining camp accommodation offered at different mine sites. All accommodation must be up to the minimum standards as laid down by the relevant government regulations such as the Work and Safety Act.
Different companies and mine sites offer slightly different types of accommodation. Often this is determined by the age of the mining camp and if it’s intended to be a permanent camp or a temporary camp. Obviously, with temporary mining camps, those staying the should not expect permanent facilities such as swimming pools and other things that permanent long term camps usually provide
It’s necessary for all people staying in mining camps, that they understand that there are safety issues and rules that are enforced, such as limitations on the amount of alcohol that is permitted and that all people living in mining camps are subject to random drug and alcohol testing. Another issue is smoking bans and smoking areas.
In mining camps the regulations regarding health and safety matters have to be considered along with the different aspects and expectations regarding peoples broader lifestyle issues. There needs to be considerable thought by individuals on just what they require and will accept in the way of amenities and general standards in their accommodation and other facilities provided by the mining companies.
All persons living in mining camps need to take reasonable precautions to safeguard their personal belongs and any equipment or gear given or loaned to them by the company for use either while working their shift or during their down time.
Some consideration needs to be given also to issues that are boarder line between work activities and private activities and the rules that must be accepted as part of the conditions of living in the mining camp. It’s also important to consider the ways that the 2011 Work, Health and Safety Act allows for monitoring and enforcing their provisions.
It should be noted that there can be a potential for persons living in the mining camps to experience significant impacts on the emotional and mental well being.
A survey done in 2013 noted that
- 63% of respondents rated their accommodation as good to very good
- 23% suggested that they felt no need for anything to change
- 30% wanted better facilities and services
- 25% wanted to have a room upgrade
- 7% would prefer to move to town
- 75% of those questioned said they felt they had a good level of mental health
- 20% experienced sleep difficulties
- 60% felt the demands of this type of living interfered with their family life
Mine camps have now become an ingrained part of life in much of the Queensland resources industry. There’s quite a range of issues that each individual needs to consider when agreeing to take advantage of mining camp accommodation. Mining camp administrators are charged with ensuring WHS compliance at all times. While there will always be some challenges, most of these can be met using sensible systems put in place to manage the variable WHS responsibilities and to help in avoiding potential situations while providing a proper framework for meeting all legal obligations.
Travel Articles1. Visit The Highest Mountains And Exciting Places In Trekking
2. Everest Base Camp – Brings Breathtaking Mountain View
3. The Best Northeast India Tourist Places
Author: Arpit Jain
4. Delta Airlines Flights | Grab Best Deals On Delta Flights
Author: chris ray
5. American Airlines Flights | Aa Official Site 1(845)250-2114
Author: chris ray
6. San Francisco Party Buses Are Just One Reservation Away
Author: Cheap Party Bus DC
7. 5 Camping Tips To Make Your Trip More Enjoyable
8. Malaysia Tourist Places
Author: Rocking Trips
9. Stay At The Serengeti Safari Camp And Witness A Great Traveling Life!
Author: Leo Pineda
10. Taxi Service In Bangalore | Best Taxi Service In Bangalore
11. Best Luxury Car Rental Jaipur
Author: Virendra Singh
12. Reasons To Have Car Rental
13. The Adventurous Places In Jordan To Visit
Author: GO JORDAN TRAVEL & TOURISM
14. Tips To Keep In Mind When Looking For A Car Hire In Barbados
Author: Richard Husbands
15. Villa Perfecta – A Ultimate Vacation Experience Awaits You In Manuel Antonio
Author: Don Segal