ALL >> Computers >> View Article
How To Protect A Zip File In Macos Using A Password?
If you want to set a password for a zip file, then you have come to the right place. In this article, you will learn how to password protect a compressed file on Mac.
Apple uses SSD storage instead of HDD, and we all know that SSD is much costlier than the standard hard drives. SSD is much better when it comes to the performance department. Apple has started using SSD instead of HDD in the past years. Apple has decreased the amount of storage space, especially in the Mac devices. For instance, instead of 500 GB HDD, you are getting 256 GB storage space in the new Macbook and Mac PCs.
Due to less storage space in the newer Mac versions users have to compress their files to save up the storage space. The Zip file is one of the most popular compressed file types. The significant advantage of the Zip file is that you can protect it by setting up a password. So what’s the wait? Let’s get started.
How to Set Up a Password in Zip files on Your Mac?
You don’t need any additional software or third-party application to protect a Zip file in Mac using a password. In order to set a password in a Zip file, ...
... you have to access Terminal on your Mac. There you will need to enter some commands to set up a password. Here’s how to do that:
1. Move the file or folder that you want to protect with a password to the “Desktop” directory.
2. Open the Terminal application on your Mac by pressing “Cmd + Space” keys together and then searching for it.
3. Type “$ cd Desktop/” command in the Terminal windows.
4. Hit the Enter key on your keyboard.
5. Replace the brackets with your file details and Enter this command: “zip -e [zipped filename] [original filename].” Don’t enter quotes and brackets while typing the above command. For example, if your zip file name is PowerRangers.zip and the original filename is PowerRangers.mp4, then enter this: “zip -e [PowerRangers.zip] [PowerRangers.mp4].”
6. If your file name has spaces in it, then make sure to remove all spaces by renaming it before you enter the commands in the Terminal.
7. Also, ensure that the zip file and original file names should be match. Otherwise, the operation will be failed.
8. Now hit the “Enter” on your keyboard.
9. After that, you will be asked to enter a password. You should enter the password right there.
10. You may see that while entering the password, the cursor is not moving. Don’t panic because it is entirely normal in the Terminal.
11. Now hit the Enter key and enter the password once more to confirm your password. Hit the enter key again, and your file will be protected with a password.
Aida Martin is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cybersecurity. She writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. Her articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs, and websites.
IT expert having deep knowledge about PC antivirus products. Mainly researching and writing blogs. https://askmeyp.com/ | https://m4activate.co.uk/ | https://n4setup.co.uk/
Computers Articles1. Types Of Curtains & Types Of Blinds & Curtains And Blinds
Author: Jackie Blese
2. How Does Google Earn Money?
Author: Karan Kumar
3. Manage All Your It Storage Infrastructure With Stor2rrd
Author: Sean Harrison
4. Why Is Windows Defender Not Updating?
Author: Elina John
5. Google Sent 50,000 Alerts To Its Users On Government-backed Hackings
Author: Infotonics Media
6. Onsite Computer Repair Services In Edmonton
Author: ishape Technologies
7. 7 Things To Look For In A Video Editor Software
Author: Sameer Gupta
8. 6 Reasons Why Mobile-first Approach Is Essential Today
9. Career Opportunities In Python:career Guide To Python Programming
Author: Chandra shekar
10. Computer Ethics
Author: Natalie Dalton
11. Vivaldi Teams Up With Neeva For Ad-free Private Search
Author: Vivaldi Team
12. Career Opportunities In Python: Career Guide To Python Programming
Author: Himanshu Pise
13. How Elearning Is Changing The Corporate Training Paradigm
Author: Aptlogica Technology
14. How Web Scraping Is Used By Job Boards To Extract Job Data?
Author: iWeb Scraping Services
15. Top 10 Website Builders For Non-coders
Author: Elina John