ALL >> Computer-Programming >> View Article
Dark Mode Buzz And What Can You Do With It In Your App - Pocket Apps
Recently we have seen the release of the iOS 13 and it comes with Dark mode. And everyone is jumping in to update their iPhone. Many of them are posting the screenshots of iOS 13 updates inside their stories which clearly indicated there is more buzz around dark mode amongst the people.
The dark mode is also being introduced in the android devices gradually. And let’s accept the fact that people are obsessed with dark modes. So if you are app owner or looking to develop an app what does that matter to you?
Photo by Szabo Viktor on Unsplash
Well, imagine how happy you would be if you see your favorite toy or your favorite vehicle received as a gift without mentioning it to your loved one!! Yeah, that’s the best feeling for anyone to have. You could give the same feeling to your app users by bringing in the dark mode inside your app.
Recently one of the popular Indian startup app for credit card payment called “CRED” introduce this feature and people were really amazed to see that in action, which resulted in higher session times of the users, meaning people were using app for more time which is really good for you as an app owner, more time the user uses your app more benefit it brings to you.
So the question buggin you would be, how do I bring a dark mode to my app? Well, there are multiple ways to do that:
1. Detect the default settings from iPhone Or Android and adopt your app accordingly
Imagine you were using the dark mode in your iPhone and then you see an app update, once you update your app and open the app you see it has adopted to the dark mode automatically, how cool is that? These automation things are in trend. So why not adopt it?
Here is the apple document for adopting the dark mode inside your app: https://developer.apple.com/documentation/appkit/supporting_dark_mode_in_your_interface/ You might want to bookmark this link or want to give this to your mobile development team.
For Android: This is the official document from the Google: https://developer.android.com/guide/topics/ui/look-and-feel/darkthemebut let me share some really detailed example which is being written in a medium post here: https://medium.com/@davidkibzodari/applying-a-dark-theme-to-your-android-app-a5eb6d20ab0c
2. Add toggle button into the settings screen
If you want to give the user a choice to do it themselves assuming you want to keep the feature as a hidden feature for people to find it and create a buzz that way, it would be very much possible to supply this as part of the app settings menu.
You could have a toggle button with really cool animation turning your app into the dark mode. That would be really awesome.
I hope to see the dark mode implemented soon enough inside your app, if you are facing any issues or need any professional help for the matter you could feel free to reach App Developers in Brisbane, Pocket Apps.
Computer Programming Articles1. How To Fix Error 5505 On Amazon Fire Tv Stick?
Author: jaxson harry
2. How To Fix Error Code 0xc004f074 On Windows 8 & 10
Author: jaxson harry
3. Information About Mobile Apps Scraping
Author: Nikita Patil
4. Best Python Programming Language Online Course In 2019
Author: Zacky Naeem
5. All The Useless Windows 10 Features Microsoft Should Remove
6. Why Data Science Is One Of The Highest Paying Careers In 2019?
7. The Chrome Web Store Primer Part 3: Pave The Way To Retention Using Analytics
8. The Chrome Web Store Primer Part 2: Optimizing Conversion Rate Using Analytics
9. The Chrome Web Store Primer Part 1: Before Publishing
10. The Easiest Way To Turn Your Browser Extension Idea Into Reality
11. Dell Data Storage, Blade Server, Tower Server,rack Server Dealer In Chennai
Author: Dev System
12. Reasons Why Software Testing Is Required
Author: Ram Uppalapati
13. Benefits Of Mean Stack For Web Application Development
Author: Amit tiwari
14. Know About: How Helpful The Hospital Management Software Is…...
Author: pavitra poojary
15. Why All Hospitals/clinic Needs Laboratory Management System
Author: manu shetty