ALL >> Food,-Cooking-and-Drink >> View Article
Enjoy This Easy Yet Delicious Recipe Of Cholay Pulao This Weekend!
After a long week, it can be really tiring to decide on what to cook for your family. However, it’s a weekend, so they expect you to cook some delicious recipes. It is understood that you might be tired too, but you can still have some fun in the kitchen.
On a Saturday or Sunday, when your family is expecting from you to surprise them with nice dishes, but you feel tired, you can still make it happen. This Sunday, try cholay pulao recipe for your family. Start with noting down the ingredients first:
1. Soaked Cholay
3. Crushed Kasuri Methi
4. Cumin seeds
5. Ginger garlic paste
6. Soaked Rice
7. Fresh coriander
8. Dry Spices: Salt, red chili powder, coriander powder
Now once you have all the ingredients ready with you, let’s start with the recipe now.
Wash the rice properly and soak the same for 20 minutes.
In order to prepare the cholay, you must wash and soak them overnight. Next day, add the cholay in the pressure cooker with water and allow 4 whistles. After 4 whistles, let it cool down and take them out.
Heat the oil in the pan and add cumin seeds along with ginger garlic paste. Once the raw aroma of ginger garlic paste is gone, you can add finely chopped onions along with dry spices. Now, add cholay in the pot and mix it well. For rice to boil, add 3 cups of water for 1 cup of rice. Let the water rise and boil up. Add the rice and let it boil. Close the pan with the lid once the rice is almost done.
Let it cook on the low flame for 10 minutes. Switch off the flame after that and let it rest in the aromatic flavors. Garnish it with fresh coriander. You can serve the same alongside raita for lunch or dinner.
Believe it or not: just adding cholay in the rice can change the entire dish. This recipe is quite popular in Pakistan as well. You can also enjoy this recipe with chicken gravy on the side. It just tastes delicious. Do try this with different gravy and you might want this pulao every time with different curries.
Author Bio: I am Seema and my family was bored of the same rice recipes. But this time, I tired cholay pulao, which is now in fact one of the favorite dishes of my family.
Food, Cooking and Drink Articles1. Caterers In Chennai
2. Indian Food Catering Ottawa | Mehfil Indian Cuisine
3. The Waterfront Cafe For You
Author: Hanna Kogan
4. 5 Cake Designs For Wedding Ceremonies
5. Here Is How Olive Oil Helps In Improving Hair And Skin Health
6. Healthy Recipe Blogs For Wholesome Food And A Healthy Lifestyle
Author: All About Eve
7. Why Boca Raton Is A Foodie’s Paradise?
8. 5 Must-try Indian Food In Orlando
9. 4 Dal And Their Health Benefits
10. A2 Cow Milk Fresh Products Can Drive You To Have Healthy & Fulfilling Lifestyle
11. 5 Summer Time Smoothie Recipes For Breakfast
12. Reasons To Hire Professional Catering Service Provider For An Event
Author: Mario Sazos
13. Pizza For Lunch? 4 Reasons Why This Is A Great Idea
Author: Simon Fadous
14. Reasons To Visit Hans's Place Tavern For A Date Night
Author: Connie Peterson
15. Why Bubble Tea Is The Most Instagrammable Drink Ever- From A Top Ceo
Author: Rosario Berry