ALL >> Hardware-Software >> View Article
What Benefits Can Test Automation Derive For Software Applications?
The quality of software applications ultimately determines their survival in the market. With competition among software development companies getting intense, the focus has shifted towards faster loading, seamless functioning, enhanced security, and the speedy delivery of software. These outcomes can only be assured through rigorous testing of software applications. However, even with the best of intentions and diligence, manual testing does not quite fulfill the testing requirements and can let a lot of bugs to go unchecked. No wonder test automation has been accepted as the de-facto methodology to increase the accuracy, efficiency, coverage, and effectiveness of software testing.
What is test automation?
It is a testing methodology where the quality of software application is validated by comparing the actual test outcomes with the expected ones by using an automation testing tool. Test automation services are usually engaged to carry out repetitive tasks like regression testing, which are otherwise not feasible to be done using manual testing. The many tools that automation testing services use to conduct software testing comprise Selenium, Robotium, SoapUI, TestComplete, QTP, TestDrive, and many others.
Moreover, in an Agile-DevOps driven software development environment where Continous improvement and delivery are the key outcomes, QA automation testing has become the sine-qua-non to increase the quality of software application, scope, and accuracy of testing, besides saving time and cost for the company. So, to hammer home the point even further, one can draw an analogy of the importance of software test automation in the SDLC to that of the intake of food for survival.
Key benefits of implementing test automation solutions
Since the customers of today use a multitude of devices of different hardware configurations (like smartphones, tablets, notebooks, desktops, and laptops) to access the World Wide Web, software applications too should be robust and dynamic enough to function seamlessly across devices. Add to that the presence of several browsers, operating systems, and networks, the task of ensuring the quality of software applications becomes complex and time-consuming unless of course, one focuses on an automated testing strategy. So, let us discuss the key benefits of using test automation solutions.
• Better test coverage: One of the drawbacks of manual testing is that humans tend to exhaust and cannot focus on executing repetitive tests consistently. The reduced speed prevents them from conducting a plethora of tests covering all scenarios, dependencies, and variables. On the other hand, since QA automation testing can perform lengthy tests in lesser time, the testing cycle can cover a greater number of tests within a stringent timeline. It can execute thousands of complex text cases by looking into the memory and file contents, data tables, and program states of the application under test.
• Improves accuracy: Since human testers can make mistakes while conducting lengthy and repetitive tests for a prolonged period, the quality of applications can go for a toss. However, test automation services can conduct such tests with utmost precision for as many times as needed. They can identify glitches that are present in the codes, which the monotony of manual testing may fail to detect. Thus, test automation can go a long way in enhancing the quality of software applications.
• Tests 24/7: Manual testers, more often than not, do not work beyond office hours and are mostly stumped by the boundaries of geographies and time zones. However, in an automation testing approach, testers can let QA to function on its own 24/7 and even during the holidays. This can speed up testing and reduce its cost considerably.
• Facilitates shift-left testing: In the Agile driven shift-left testing environment, codes are validated alongside their development. This needs a quick testing approach so that developers are not made to wait in the queue for integration. By implementing a robust test automation strategy, the speed of shift-left testing can be expedited. Importantly, shift-left testing can ensure an early identification of defects or glitches thereby making the whole process highly cost-effective compared to conducting manual testing in the traditional method.
• Higher ROI: Notwithstanding the initial investment in implementing an automation testing approach, the outcomes in terms of better accuracy, quality, efficiency, and productivity can fetch a better ROI for business in the long run.
The user experience offered by the quality of software application has become the principal differentiator for its acceptance by the end-users. So, unless the application is removed of glitches and validated against a slew of parameters, its success in the market is not assured. This is where test automation services can become imperative to achieve a host of positive outcomes for the business.
Hardware/Software Articles1. Role Of Dynamic 365 In Retail Business
Author: Shahzad Ali
2. Overview Of Online Space Rental Business
Author: my Jackson
3. Business Models For Your Online Dating Business
Author: Amy Jackson
4. Reasons Why You Need Preventive Maintenance Software For Your Organization?
Author: Rati Singh
5. Raspberry Pi Humanoid Robot Kit | Humanoid Robot Kit | Mini Humanoid Robot
Author: SB Components
6. Raspberry Pi 4, 3b+, 3, 2 Bumper Case - Clear
Author: Sb Components
7. Bulk Database Provider
8. How Sales Force Automation Can Assist In Growing Business For Fmcg Industries?
Author: Rati Bhanot
9. Why People Buy School Management Software System?
10. Why To Choose Dynamics 365 Over Other Business Enterprise Solutions?
Author: Shahzad Ali
11. Delivery Date Extension: Your Usp
Author: Maulik Shah
12. Dedicated Server Provider In Dubai, Uae
13. Data Mining Software
14. Top App Developers San Francisco
15. Web Development Company In Surat | Web Development Services
Author: Alpesh Vaghasiya