ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Debunking The Common Myths Surrounding Composite Decking
Wood-Plastic Composites (WPC) are an entirely new concept to outdoor living extensions and unlike traditional wood decking, people are not much familiar with it. Naturally, people seem to develop wrong notions about it and themselves draw out comparisons with its traditional counterpart. Such situations are, often than not, the breeding ground of myths. For a company dealing with such innovative products, however, it’s essential to debunk them. And, in the end, bring out before buyers the truth behind them, in an attempt to communicate its positives.
This article too has a similar objective! If you have landed here for its catchy title, be sure to come across a new improved version of hardwood decking, namely ‘composite decking’.
Let’s start with the glaring ones and clear them out for your understanding.
1. “It’s Vulnerable To Its Wood Counterpart”
Compared to hardwood decking, composite ones have the presence of high-density plastics, apart from hardwood and softwood components. This adds significant strength to it, making it more durable than its natural counterpart. So, the myth, as quoted above, is just a misunderstanding that you need to get rid of.
2. “Looks Cheap And In No Way Appears Close To Timber”
Even a few years back, the boards of WPC were shoddily manufactured. Careful examination readily disclosed the same. But, with technological advancements, a lot has changed and for the better. The ones available at Whiteriver Group are a shining example of the same. These do not just retain the natural texture and aesthetics of hardwood counterparts but also have an added advantage - this being the strength of plastics. In a way, it comes off as an ultra-realistic product in eclectic colours to offer one and all endless choices in the same.
3. “Fails To Meet The Eco-Friendly Criterion”
Plastics have brought us so much ill-fortune in the 21st century that the very mention of it as an ingredient in a product, rings a bell - “is it even ethical?” To this, the response shall be “yes, it is!” After all, most of them are created from a wood and HDPE (High-Density Polyethylene) blend. The latter ingredient is nothing but recycled plastic. So, the quoted statement is in no way a reality, just a hurdle in your way to enjoying a quality product for decking purpose.
4. “It’s Expensive”
Rather, it’s cost-effective and speaks volumes about value for money. Unlike cheaper substitutes, it doesn’t surrender to intensive use. Furthermore, it reduces the need to invest in paint and sanding tools. However, if you are genuinely focused on doing away with a less expensive option, go for Montana composite decking. This hollow variant arrives with a wood-HDPE mix and is said to outperform even its traditional counterpart. Moreover, you can always save on time and money by leaving it in its raw form, without staining or sealing it.
5. “Its Colour Shall Never Fade”
It will be unfair to point out only the positives of WPC or the Montana decking if the latter has drawn your attention now. But, this point is not entirely negative, rather a truth uncovered for better understanding. So, the thing is WPC might be surprisingly durable but when exposed to direct rays of the sun and miscellaneous weather elements, might show up a faded surface. However, that takes considerable time to occur.
The author is an eminent manufacturer of flooring and decking products, who often writes on composite decking. Through his articles, he spreads awareness about this new version of decking and encourages people to embrace it for an unrivalled experience.
Home and Garden Articles1. Tips For Customized Makeover Plans To Fit Your Design Needs
Author: Shreya Sharma
2. 5 Things To Check Before Selecting A House Cleaning Services
3. Save Your Roof, Save Your Life!
Author: Murphys Remedial Builders
4. Best Termite Control Services In Mumbai
5. Reasons For Having Steam Carpet Cleaning
Author: Mr. Clean Carpet Cleaning
6. Home Automation: Control Your World
7. Pool Steps – Great Choice To Enter And Exit Water
Author: My Pool
8. Buying The Swimming Pool Filter Parts After Considering These Things!
Author: My Pool
9. Take A Look At Different Kinds Of Pool Filter And Its Benefits
Author: My Pool
10. Common Problems With Solar Panels
Author: Edmund Brunetti
11. Four Unique Decorating Tips To Give Your Room A New Look
12. Growing An Appreciation Of Shrubs In The Fairy Garden
Author: Florence Blum
13. Let’s Find Together Professionals For Your Hvac Duct Installation Georgia
Author: Nak Global
14. How To Replace Your Old Toilet With A Duravit Toilet Seat
15. Are You Looking For An Inexpensive upvc French balcony Window which Gives The Best View?
Author: Pooja Sharma