ALL >> Health >> View Article
Researchers Found A Cannabis Flavonoid May Treat Pancreatic Cancer
A recent study has shown that a non-psychoactive, non-cannabinoid cannabis flavonoid has the ability in treating pancreatic cancer.
The study done by the researchers with Harvard Medical School and Dana Farber Cancer Institute used the animals’ models to look at its impact. They had done the demonstration of therapeutic efficacy in both the metastatic and local progression of the tumour in animals suffering from pancreatic cancer.
Using the cannabis flavonoid as a combination in vitro studies first started with or without radiotherapy, with the flavonoid only getting delivered from smart biomaterials of radiotherapy.
These days, the survival rate of advanced cancers in the pancreas is the average of six years, with the current treatment options comprising of radiation, chemotherapy and surgery and immunotherapy – all of them has the limited access because of the aggressive nature of cancer.
How Cannabis Flavonoid can be defined?
Flavonoids are considered to be the secondary metabolites in fungus and plants – and the ones only found in cannabis are called as cannaflavins.
These give the colour to plants to attract pollinators, working in conjunction with terpenes to offer plants its aroma and taste and protect them from diseases and pests.
Though the flavonoids are understudied widely, one will get to learn more about it as more research will be conducted. Most of the studies done recently have revealed various pharmacological benefits of the flavonoid found particularly in the plant of cannabis.
The study that got published in Frontiers in Oncology, conducted a lot of experiments that showed a significant increase in the survival rate for animals suffering from pancreatic cancer as compared to control groups.
The research stated: While the studies are still in progress to know about the specific mechanism for immunotherapy potential to the derivative of cannabis, the possibilities of such therapy leverage approach for the treatment of metastasis or increase in survival is significant, given that most of the patients having pancreatic cancer are diagnosed with metastatic disease having fewer options of treatment.
About the Author:
Emily Ledger is a journalism graduate from Sheffield Hallam University, where she specialised in feature and magazine writing. Following graduation she volunteered at local publishing company RMC Media, where she contributed to both content writing and magazine layout design. Emily now works at a Sheffield and London-based digital marketing company, Omni, writing content for a unique news website. The website, The Cannabis Exchange (Canex) is the #1 CBD news website in the UK.
Canex is the best source to find the latest news and information for CBD products in UK online. Visit them to know about the CBD legislation. https://canex.co.uk/
Health Articles1. Which Is The Best Pain Relief Med Available Online? How To Buy Tramadol 100 Mg Online?
2. Define Herpes Labialis And Its Market Scope 2030
3. South India’s Largest Covid Testing Company Now Enters Bengaluru
4. Oral Hygiene Routine We Should All Follow
5. Benefits Of Teeth Whitening That You Should Consider
Author: Claudia Lamington
6. Buy Botox Online With Credit Card And Paypal In Canada
Author: Joao Pedro
7. Buy Vyvanse Online With Credit Card And Paypal In Canada
Author: Joao Pedro
8. Top 9 Benefits Of Emergency Medicine Podcasts
Author: Swapnil Pawar
9. Health-plans For Dental Treatments – Get Familiar With Braces In Brooklyn
Author: One Love Orthodontics
10. What Are The Chances Of A Successful Surrogacy?
Author: Dr. Shivani Sachdev Gour
11. Global Costochondritis Market : Industry Analysis And Forecast
12. Mycare – Consult Doctors Online With Online Medical App
Author: MyCare softech private limited
13. New Requirement Of Process Validation Report For Permission To Conduct Clinical Trial/ba-be Studies
14. Hair Transplant In Hyderabad | Hair Transplant Cost | Dr.yv Rao Clinics
Author: dryvrao clinics
15. Types Of Gynecomastia Procedure & Their Benefits
Author: Ajitesh Verma