ALL >> Legal >> View Article
Tips To Choose The Right Tax Lawyer For You
Tax law is a complicated area of law concerning taxation. The Australian Tax System is based on a mix of income, corporate, and sales taxes. These taxes are collected by the Federal Governments and distributed to provide public services.
- Income tax requires that a portion of the income of those who earn above the nominated threshold be withheld by their employer.
- Corporate tax is the tax applicable to businesses.
- The Goods and Services Tax (GST) is a 10% fee on the majority of goods and services.
Tax Lawyer in Perth provides expert advisory work and advice on tax disputes against the Australian Taxation Office (ATO), tax audits, taxation planning, taxation concessions, international tax and tax debts. Tax Lawyer in Perth can assist business owners with drafting and reviewing legal documents that deal with tax issues. These lawyers will commit to ensuring you comply with Australia’s taxation system and are well-informed of your rights and obligations. If an issue can only be resolved in a legal proceeding at court, taxation lawyers will represent you or your business in litigation.
How to choose the right tax lawyer for you?
Engaging with a tax litigation attorney in Perth can be overwhelming as there are many lawyers and law firms to choose from. It is recommended you consider these tips before making a decision on which person you want as your taxation lawyer:
- Find a qualified lawyer that understands and suits your needs. Seek out a lawyer that is personable and has extensive knowledge about your situation or industry your business operates in. Look at their profile, awards and clients for an idea.
- Consider more than one lawyer before making a decision. It is important you find someone who has the skills and is willing to work hard on your behalf.
- Find a lawyer working in tax law that is compatible with your budget. Ask about legal costs and fees. If a lawyer advertises the first consultation is free, then enquire for an estimate for legal work following this.
- Determine the type of relationship you want with your lawyer. Taxation lawyers will often do repeat work for clients and a good relationship may reduce costs and improve turnaround time.
- Read the retainer your taxation lawyer provides. It will inform you of the obligations held by both you and your lawyer, as well costs.
If you are looking for Migration Lawyer Perth, you can rely on Munro Doig Lawyers. We are committed to finding strategic solutions to complex legal problems and providing expert advice to a wide range of clients.
The author of this article is a Tax Lawyer in Perth who has worked with many clients. In this article, he has mentioned a few things to consider while choosing the tax attorney. Visit https://www.munrodoig.com.au
Founded in 2002, by its directors Colin Munro and Ron Doig, Munro Doig Lawyers is a leading law firm based in Perth, Western Australia. We have extensive experience in the areas of tax, superannuation, succession, intergenerational wealth transfer, estate planning and commercial law. Our clients include high-net worth individuals and small-medium enterprises. We are also leaders in migration law (assisting clients with visa applications through to appeals and solving complex and difficult migration problems). Munro Doig Lawyers is committed to providing first-class assistance, trustworthy advice and strategic solutions. We maintain long-standing relationships with our clients; we think outside the box and provide leading-edge solutions. We look forward to helping you. Call us on 08 9426 6222 or visit http://www.munrodoig.com.au to find out more!
Legal Articles1. Is Your Gym Safe?
Author: Ankin Law Office
2. When Uber And Lyft Drivers Crash Rented Vehicles
Author: Mainor Wirth Injury Lawyers
3. How To Find And Hire The Best Personal Injury Lawyer
Author: Zane Norman
4. Indian Union Budget 2020 – 2021 Highlights
5. Tax Audits Do Not Always Happen Right Away
Author: Randolph Law Firm, P.C.
6. Improper Evictions Are Putting Nursing Home Residents At Risk
Author: Bogdan Martinovich
7. Were You Injured By A Corporation In Nevada?
Author: The Patriot Law Firm
8. When Doctors And Nurses Ignore The Signs Of Fetal Distress
Author: Bradshaw Law LLC
9. What To Do When Your Spouse Has An Addiction
Author: Langer & Langer
10. Injured In A Demolition Accident? Multiple Parties May Be Liable
Author: DePaolo & Zadeikis
11. Is Settlement Planning Right For You?
Author: Marc Blumenthal
12. Considering A Reverse Mortgage? Here’s What You Should Know
Author: Roger Stelk
13. Immigration Prediction For 2020 In Canada
14. Married To A Us Citizen? You Can Still Be Deported
Author: Ronald Shapiro
15. Fulmer Sill Nominated For 2 Golden Gavel Awards
Author: Devin Herz