ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Why Every Hindu Tourist In Nepal Should Go For Muktinath Yatra?
It is always said that Muktinath is one of the most sacred places for Hindus and if you are one, you should do Muktinath Yatra once in your lifetime. Now, we know that we should visit the temple once in our lifetime, but no one really knows the reason behind it. If you too want to know about it, here are some of the facts related to Muktinath temple that would tell you about it.
Important facts about Muktinath
Before we discuss the main topic, it is important to know some facts that are important and related to the Muktinath Temple. Some of them are listed below -
1. It is a combination of two words Mukti and Nath, which means a God who will take us on the path of salvation.
2. Lord Vishnu, who is considered to be one of the prime Gods amongst the three, is worshiped at this temple.
3. It is ranked as 105th Divya Desam out of all the 108. These have a very important place in the eyes of Vaishnava community.
4. The entire Muktinath temple is build of gold and is one of the oldest temples of Lord Vishnu. The outer premises of the temple consist of 108 bull heads and water keep coming out of that. This is the place where you can do rounds that is called parikrama.
Why it is important for every Hindu to visit Muktinath temple?
Let us know come on the main topic. Now, with the points that we mentioned above, it is clear that Muktinath Yatra is important for every Hindu, but the question is how it is sacred. Well, in Hinduism, one of the Vishnu is one of the prime Gods and Shaligram is the name of one of its incarnations. After the holy demise of Shaligram, it is said that he is there in the form of stones. If you go to Hindu homes, you will find Shaligram Shilas (stones) at the place of worship.
It is said that in Muktinath temple Shaligram Shila is there in its natural form. Not just this, but because of its sacred importance, it is considered as one of the Shaktipiths, out of all the fifty one of them. The strangest thing about this temple is that it is not just important for Hindus, but is also important for Buddhists.
The Buddhists come to the place and spend a lot of time, for them it is one of the most sacred places in the world. They use the term Chumig Gayasta for the temple, which in Tibet means hundred waters. They obviously do not follow the Hindu norms and therefore, for them, this place is for worshipping Dakinis, the sky dancers. So, in a nutshell, we could say that this is a place that is not just important for Hindus, but for Buddhists too. If you have not visited the temple yet, it is high time to plan your Muktinath tour.
Way to worship
If we are discussing the importance of this temple, then you really need to talk about the way in which the whole process of worshiping God here. Although this place is important for Hindus, it is taken care of by Buddhist monks and nuns. Rishitarpani, Vijaya Dashmi, and Ramnavi are three festivals that are of utmost importance for Hindus.
During these festivals, the environment around the temple is really astonishing. Special puja is done during these occasions. If you talk about the puja that is done on normal days, then the nuns over there do it. If you are doing your muktinath yatra
, then you could buy sweets and could offer it to God as prasad. There is a river near the temple and you can find Shaligram stones in its bed. Out of all these things, one important point that you should never forget is that photography is not allowed in this temple.
Muktinath is not a new name for Hindus and almost everyone must know about its importance, in some way or another. If you haven't visited this place yet, these points will probably compel you to do so.
https://www.weramblers.com We Ramblers is a leading Adventure Travel Provider in Bangalore, India organizes trips for all kind travel lovers and mostly adventure trips. As We Ramblers is a community that serves as a platform for the travel enthusiasts. Share your travel stories and meet budding travellers.
Travel Articles1. Thornton Heath To Or From London Airports | Cabhoo Minicabs - Croydon | 020-8686-4545.
2. What Are The Things We Need To Consider While Doing Everest Base Camp Trek?
Author: Nepal Highland Treks
3. An Overview Of The Same Day Taj Mahal Tour From Delhi
Author: Siddharth Acharya
4. Klm Airlines Cancellation Policy
5. Looking For The Right Event Manpower Agency? Call Us Today
Author: Abct Ksa
6. How To Book A Hotel Yourself - A Complete Guide
Author: Ryan Cormier
7. Heathrow Taxi London Is Most Convenient Taxi At London Airports
8. Some Of The Airport Formalities Post Landing In Australia
Author: Neha Dixit
9. Signs Of Travel Addiction In Global Travelers
Author: Manoj Upadhyay
10. Hire Leicester Taxi For Making Timely Airport Transportation With Comfort
Author: jack barbosa
11. Everest Taxi Is Cheapest Taxi Service Provider In Leicester
Author: jack barbosa
12. Benefits Of Luxury Chauffeur Car While Travelling In London
13. Ecotourism As An Environmental Development Program
Author: Jenny Tervo
14. Public Transport Ban In Most Indian Cities Due To Corona
Author: BK Vijay
15. Fulfill Your Dream Of Trekking Mount Everest With Helicopter Tour Option
Author: Nepal Helicopters