ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Understanding The Indian Cement Industry
India has been ranked as the second-largest cement supplier in the world and accounts for over 8% of the global installed capacity. The cement industry in India plays a vital role in its economy, providing employment opportunities to millions of households, directly or indirectly. India has a great deal of potential for advancement in the infrastructure and construction sector, and the cement sector is anticipated to largely benefit from it.
Market Extent –
As reported by the Indian Brand Equity Foundation, the Indian Cement Industry has a production capacity of 502 million tons per year. Presently, the industry is planning to manufacture 300 megatons of cement to meet its domestic demands and 5 megatons for shipping requirement. Globally, India ranks second in cement production after China. The cement industry in India is currently dominated by the top twenty companies. The top twenty cement suppliers account for 70% of the total cement production in the country. There are nearly four hundred small plants and two hundred large cement plants located in different parts of the country. Out of the 200 large plants, nearly 40% are located in the states of Andhra Pradesh, Rajasthan, and Tamil Nadu. The government of India has been focusing on infrastructure development to boost economic growth and providing an immense boost to various infrastructure projects, housing facilities, and road networks. With this boost, the cement industry in India is growing at an admirable pace.
There are numerous types of cement used in concrete construction. Each type has its attributes, uses, and advantages based on the composition materials used during its production. The different types of cement include ordinary Portland cement, Portland pozzolana cement, rapid hardening cement, low heat cement, sulphates resisting cement, white cement, and hydrographic cement.
Anil Patel: 32 years Old. Writer and financial consultant. Music Lover and foodie.
Home and Garden Articles1. Some Tips & Questions While Buying Groove & Pent Garden Sheds
Author: James Johnson
2. Here's Why Worlds Away Is Perfect For Home Accessories, Hardware, And More
Author: Robert Berry
3. Keep Critters Away With Rural Fencing For Gardens
Author: Danny Woodhams
4. Tips For Mattress Recycling
Author: Bryson Kaleb
5. Why Decorate Your Home With Wall Decor Wallpaper ?
Author: Vishal Supali
6. How Much Should You Pay For Laminate Flooring In Ireland
Author: Dylan Holland
7. Get Rid Of Issues On The Water Heater With Professional Technicians
Author: Hot Water Tank Winnipeg
8. What Should Know About Before Getting Eyelash Extensions
Author: Biotouch Alberta
9. Four Advantages Of Hiring Large Trash Pickup In Austin
Author: Bryson Kaleb
10. Why You Should Hire Professionals For Landscaping Service?
Author: Nathan Boutros
11. The Best Way To Clean Delicate Furniture Upholstery
Author: Pressure and Steam
12. The Various Utilities Of Footstools As An Element Of Home Improvement
Author: Mark Hazelgrave
13. Importance Of Commercial Curtain Cleaning In Hobart
Author: Austin Baines
14. Make Your Kitchen Space Super Amazing With Designer Laminates
15. Top 5 Benefits Of Having Panoramic Doors
Author: Barry La Grange