ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Understanding The Indian Cement Industry
India has been ranked as the second-largest cement supplier in the world and accounts for over 8% of the global installed capacity. The cement industry in India plays a vital role in its economy, providing employment opportunities to millions of households, directly or indirectly. India has a great deal of potential for advancement in the infrastructure and construction sector, and the cement sector is anticipated to largely benefit from it.
Market Extent –
As reported by the Indian Brand Equity Foundation, the Indian Cement Industry has a production capacity of 502 million tons per year. Presently, the industry is planning to manufacture 300 megatons of cement to meet its domestic demands and 5 megatons for shipping requirement. Globally, India ranks second in cement production after China. The cement industry in India is currently dominated by the top twenty companies. The top twenty cement suppliers account for 70% of the total cement production in the country. There are nearly four hundred small plants and two hundred large cement plants located in different parts of the country. Out of the 200 large plants, nearly 40% are located in the states of Andhra Pradesh, Rajasthan, and Tamil Nadu. The government of India has been focusing on infrastructure development to boost economic growth and providing an immense boost to various infrastructure projects, housing facilities, and road networks. With this boost, the cement industry in India is growing at an admirable pace.
There are numerous types of cement used in concrete construction. Each type has its attributes, uses, and advantages based on the composition materials used during its production. The different types of cement include ordinary Portland cement, Portland pozzolana cement, rapid hardening cement, low heat cement, sulphates resisting cement, white cement, and hydrographic cement.
Anil Patel: 32 years Old. Writer and financial consultant. Music Lover and foodie.
Home and Garden Articles1. How To Choose Best Leaf Blower For Gardening Purpose?
Author: Harshali Yalllle
2. Provide Luxury Looks To Your House With Porcelain Countertops And Other Countertops
Author: Gabrielle Brown
3. The Absolute Greatest Tips For Purchasing A Home Espresso Machine
Author: William Kirkwood
4. Manage Your Time Better With Productivity & Time Management Coaching
Author: A Tidy Mind
5. Tips And Advice In Hiring A Guttering Contractor In Your Locality
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
6. What Are The Different Types Of Professional Roofing Services?
Author: Nate Kyngdon
7. Four Tips On Fence Selection
Author: Michael Gilmore
8. Advantages Of Choosing Professionals To Tidy Up Your Carpet
Author: Elvin Dao
9. Facts That Nobody Told You About Architectural Design
Author: Garry Stacks
10. Essential Steps To Assess Your Property Development Feasibility
Author: Adam Leworthy
11. Is Installing Plantation Shutters Beneficial For Your Home?
Author: Lincoln Gawler
12. How To Get Your Carpet Cleaned Without Delay
Author: Jamie Fison
13. Thermal Imaging – A Great Way To Measure Body Temperature
Author: Owen Summerville
14. How To Get Your House Repaired And Fixed Before Putting It Up For Sale
Author: Noah Dransfield
15. 4 Guidelines For Bathroom Renovations
Author: Hugo Swayne