ALL >> Health >> View Article
Fighting Fire With Fire: Parental Control Applications
When it comes to protecting our little ones from the threats of the internet, is there really ‘an app for that’? What are the benefits of parental control apps? We discuss all these and more.
Elevating your parenting game with parental control apps.
1. Stepping in at the first sign of danger
Imagine a world where we, as parents can pinpoint the exact moment our child develops and engages in risky internet behaviour. That world, thanks to the existence of parental control apps, is a reality. Many such apps allow you to blacklist specific keywords and receive alerts if your child is looking these words up. Taking it a step further, some apps help to flag instances of risky behaviour on your child’s social media platforms and can alert you when their algorithms detect these behaviour patterns.
When you do receive such notifications, it is up to you to step in and address the issue with your child. Parental control apps facilitate the process of helping you identify the ‘red flags.’ It is crucial for you to then get to the bottom of the ‘why’ of your child’s behaviour and take the necessary measures to address the issues.
2. Understanding the red flags
As much as we would like to have a complete understanding of the inner workings of our children’s minds, it is simply impossible. For example, our app, plano, has a tracking feature, as part of your child’s progress page, that tracks your child’s device activity*. This can shed some light on which apps your child frequents revealing some of his priorities and preoccupations in life.
Serving as an extra pair of eyes and providing some insight into your child’s activities can make a world of difference. For example, if you notice a worrying change in your child’s behaviour, this information can help clue you in as to why the change is happening. This can come in handy especially with teenagers or pre-teens who may not be as vocal as younger children.
3. Helping to modify excessive and risky device-use behaviours
Beyond the restrictive elements of parental control apps however, there are some apps in the market that bring an element of empowerment and education to the table. For example, our app, plano, was developed to modify behaviour in children to reduce myopia related risk factors, such as excessive near work and lack of outdoor activity and empower healthier device usage. Through a rewards-based points system, it reinforces positive behaviour and encourages children to develop a healthier relationship with their devices.
Apps like plano put the onus on children themselves to be responsible for their own health and help modify their device use habits, enhancing their entire lifestyle.For more details visit at https://www.plano.co/
Health Articles1. Which Type Of Mask Can I Choose To Prevent Covid-19?
Author: Francis Fred
2. Covid-19 Support For Employees, Benefit Claimants And Businesses
3. Prostana | Health Promotion Consultants Florida
Author: David Seaman
4. Clear Aligners India
5. How Metrowest Residents Should Manage Depression While Social Distancing During Covid-19
Author: Novum Psychiatry
6. Dental Crown & Bridges In Paschim Vihar, West Delhi - Dr. Monica Bhardwaj
Author: Dr Monica Bhardwaj
7. Tmj Treatment In India Available Through Trusted Specializations
Author: Dr. Sanjay Arora
8. The Best Skin Specialist
Author: Dr Shoma Sarkar
9. Kairali Hand Sanitizers – 100% Safe And Preventive Solutions To Combat Infections
Author: Kairali8 Ayurvedic Group
10. Approaching A Chiropractor To Treat Sciatic Pain
11. What Impact After The Legalization Of Recreational Cannabis?
Author: Jacob William
12. Top Homeopathic Medicines For Autism Or Asd Treatment
Author: multicare homeopathy
13. How To Select The Right Promo Hand Sanitizer For Your Business Marketing?
14. The Deflame Diet | Anti-inflammatory Foods And Diets
Author: David Seaman
15. Buy Tramadol Online In Uk
Author: Robert Anderson