ALL >> Health >> View Article
Dental Emergencies Happen
No one ever plans Dental Emergencies In Calgary, and it’s for that reason exactly that you should plan how to react should one happen.
The first thing to know is that if you have a dental emergency, our team at CalgaryDental Centre is ready to help. We will always welcome your call.
Secondly, there are a few things you can do before you come to us that will improve the outcome. Here are a few tips about how to handle common dental emergencies – the ones we see most often.
Toothache – The pain of a toothache can be sharp and piercing, or more generalized and throbbing – usually due to tooth decay. Pain will likely become worse instead of better, so call your Calgary dentist as soon as discomfort begins, and we’ll fit you in quickly. For temporary relief, hold a warm cloth against the affected cheek. If the area around the tooth is swollen, you can also use a cool compress intermittently. Remember though, never put ice directly against your skin. Wrap it (or bag of frozen peas) in a tea towel before applying.
Chipped Or Broken Tooth – The best way to manage tooth fractures is to prevent them. For any sport where there’s even the smallest risk of contact with another player or any surface, everyone should wear a professionally fitted mouthguard.
If a tooth does get chipped, use warm water to rinse off as much dirt as possible from the chipped piece and place it in a glass of milk. Call us right away and we’ll fit you in asap.
Broken teeth can almost always be saved, but it’s important that you call us immediately. We’ll ask you to explain what happened and we’ll find an appointment for you right away.
Knocked Out Tooth – Bite on some gauze or a clean cloth to stop any bleeding. For a permanent tooth, handle it by the shiny enamel crown only and rinse it gently under clean water. Remove the gauze and try to place the tooth back in its socket within 10 minutes. If that’s not possible, submerge the tooth in milk. Either way, call us immediately and come to us immediately! As time lapses, opportunity to save the tooth reduces quickly.
In all dental emergencies, it is crucial that you get to West Market Dental in Calgary as quickly as possible. We can evaluate the extent of the injury and make any necessary repairs quickly and safely.
We’re your go-to dental office in Calgary for any Emergency Dental Clinic Calgary. With compassion and gentle care, we’ll have you smiling again in no time! Call us today!
Health Articles1. How To Use An Online Pharmacy In The Uk Diazepam?
2. How Does Tramadol Help With Anxiety? How To Order Tramadol Online?
Author: Genrxonline CA
3. Organic Black Seed Oil A Natural Remedy For Insomnia
4. What If I Don’t Believe Vasthu
5. Survival Tips For New Gym Goers
Author: Rite Bite
6. Proven And Approved Hair Loss Treatment Options
Author: Pioneer Hair Transplant Center
7. Let Your Skin Tell The Story Of Your Happy Pregnancy – Here Are A Few Skin-care Routines You Can Try
Author: Prapti Chauhan
8. Document Shredding Services Assist To Safeguard Confidential Information
Author: Herb Scott
9. Chronic Headaches Treatment – Find It While Going For The Top Chiropractor!
Author: Robert Augustine
10. What Is So Beneficial About Organic Oregano Oil?
11. 6 Most Frequently Asked Questions On Teeth Whitening
Author: Claudia Lamington
12. How To Manage Stress With Life Coach – Ritu Singal
Author: Ritu Singal
13. How Is Surging Geriatric Population Driving Telemedicine Market?
Author: Pramod Kumar
14. Know The Use Of Disinfectant / Sanitization Tunnels On People
Author: Rohit Jamb
15. Know Some Common Causes Fire And Explosion Accidents