ALL >> Family >> View Article
Articles & Awards
Testifying as a physician in a divorce case might not be as high-stakes as testifying in a medical negligence case. But one divorce case that Houston pediatrician James Allison, MD, participated in several years ago showed him you just never know what’s going to happen.
Dr. Allison knew going into the deposition that the divorcing parents disagreed on whether to vaccinate their child; the father was in favor, the mother was not. What he couldn’t anticipate was how that dispute would play out during his testimony.
“The mother’s attorney insisted on reading from the Physician’s Desk Reference (PDR) every adverse reaction that could happen for each and every vaccine.
Then he would ask me to say whether I agreed or disagreed with each,” he recalled.
That line of questioning went on for four hours.
“After the deposition was over, I told that lawyer, ‘I think this is the biggest abuse of process I have ever seen and the most ridiculous hearing I’ve ever been involved in.’ The PDR is the PDR, and it says what it says, and we all read it. But to read a list of potential adverse reactions to vaccines, implying that they should not be given, is both preposterous and a waste of everyone’s time.
The Law Office of Robert S. Hoffman P.L.L.C. is one of the most respected family law firms in Houston. The firm, which recently celebrated its tenth anniversary in business, is known for highly skilled and experienced attorneys, professionalism, trustworthiness, and a long history of successful negotiation and litigation on behalf of clients.
Family Articles1. Kashmiri Wedding Rituals
2. How To Prepare Your Child To Sleep Well At Daycare?
Author: Kevin Wang
3. Food | The Soul Of Every Kid’s Birthday Party
4. Best Ideas To Celebrate International Women's Day In India
Author: Laxmi R
5. Hire Housekeeping Services Today!
Author: Brian Jones
6. Essentials To Live A Healthy Relationship
Author: Gaurav Chhabra
7. How To Purchase Right Baby Bottles
Author: Anpei Baby Products Co., Ltd
8. Here’s Why Diaper Pants And Baby Wipes Are A Must Have
9. Common Things People Forget To Do Before Moving Homes
Author: Simon Scofield
10. 3 Ways To Save Yourself From Matrimony Fraud
Author: Cupid Knot
11. Questions To Ask During Your Initial Consultation With A Divorce Lawyer
Author: Edmund Brunetti
12. Which Is The Best Exercise For Bladder Incontinence
13. Mood Tracker Basics For Preschools And Daycares
Author: ruchi jain
14. Society Management App: Nearly Everything You Need To Know
15. What Is Cold Insulation?
Author: Ayesha Malick