ALL >> Education >> View Article
Can A Nurse Become A Doctor After Completing Bachelor Of Science In Nursing?
A nurse can become a doctor but that will include a lot of time and training. The candidate has to spend more years for completing the entire course to become a doctor. The courses also demand a huge amount of expenses. Are you one of those nurses who wish to become a doctor? Well yes, you can be a doctor!
The nurses who wish to become a doctor need to look for programs to learn allopathic or osteopathic medicines. Now the question is can you be a doctor from a nurse? The answer is yes! However, the RN needs to complete BSc degree in nursing before he/she is eligible to be a doctor.
There are three ways to be doctor from a registered nurse:
By becoming a MD or medical doctor,
Earning a doctorate degree in Nursing which means you have to take PhD course,
By becoming a OD or doctor in Osteopathy
Before choosing any of the options, you have to elaborate on your present educational qualification to know which route is the correct one for you or whether you are eligible for the same or not.
Which nursing background do you have?
Nursing is very big subject and different students opt for different backgrounds. It is important to know the educational background that you have in order to know how much time it will take or what courses you need to take to be a doctor.
Diploma in Nursing- If the candidate has a diploma certificate in nursing from school based on hospital; this 2 to 3 year course cannot be termed as a degree in Bachelor of Science in Nursing. You will have to spend more years (2-4 years) to get BS in order to become a doctor.
Associate’s Degree in Nursing- This is another undergraduate course in nursing and is a degree based program, however this preparation is not enough for a MD, OD, or PhD course.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing- If you want to opt any of the three routes mentioned above, then a Bachelor’s degree in nursing is a must. This is only eligibility criteria that a candidate needs to get direct entry to DO or MD program.
Doctorate degree programs:
A nurse having BSc in Nursing has to first purse master degree in Nursing or MSc, and it is only after completion of MSc, the students can opt for Doctorate degree programs. For the students who want to become a nursing educator can choose PhD in nursing education. For a candidate with a BSc degree, the total time taken will be 4 to 6 years to complete this advanced course.
Check out itm.edu to get all the information about the post graduate and PhD courses in Nursing. If you are planning to go for your higher studies after completing
Education Articles1. Is Life Fair? Look At The World Naked, Laid Bare, And Nude
Author: Shannon Panzo
2. Easy And Comprehensive Way Of Learning Algebra Formula
3. Custom Driving Lessons For You – Prompt Driving School
Author: Tejas Joshi
4. 3d Architectural Online Modelling Courses
Author: Yait Institute
5. Need Ncert Solutions For 10th Class?
Author: Digital Teacher
6. Agriculture In Indian Economy
Author: Current Affairs Review
7. 5 Benefits Of Getting Your Assignment Done By An Expert
Author: Lucy Miranda
8. Power Bi Online Training | Power Bi Online Course| Iteducationalexperts
9. Python Online Training |python Online Course| Iteducationalexperts
10. Ui Online Training |ui Online Course| Iteducationalexperts
11. Aws Online Training |aws Online Course| Iteducationalexperts
12. Angularjs Online Training | Angularjs Online Course| Iteducationalexperts
13. Devops Online Training |iteducationalexperts
14. Linux Online Training | Iteducationalexperts
15. Sap Ps Online Training | Iteducationalexperts|