ALL >> Education >> View Article
A Brief Overview Of The Cat Exam
If you are an aspiring MBA student, you understand the importance of pursuing an MBA degree from top business schools. Therefore, you may be prepared to work extremely hard to crack the CAT exam; one of the top MBA exam in India. However, before you start with your preparations, it's essential to understand the various details like exam pattern, duration, dates and more about an exam as popular and important as the CAT. This article will provide you with the vital information you need to for the CAT exam.
CAT Exam Pattern:
The test will last for 180 minutes (3 hours).
It is a computer-based test.
Total questions: 100 objective multiple choice questions (MCQ) and non-multiple choice questions.
Quantitative Ability (QA)
Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (VARC)
Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DI & LR)
Each question is worth three marks.
For each wrong answer, you will lose one mark.
There is no negative marking for non-MCQ or Type In The Answer (TITA) type questions.
CAT 2019 notification
July 28, 2019
CAT 2019 registrations
August 7 - September 18, 2019
CAT exam tutorial
October 16, 2019
CAT exam admit card
October 23, 2019
CAT exam 2019
November 24, 2019
Declaration of results
January 6, 2020 (tentative)
The registration fee for the CAT exam is Rs 1,900.
The CAT exam 2019 will be conducted on November 24, 2019, in two sessions - morning and afternoon.
CAT Exam Eligibility
To be eligible to register for the CAT exam candidates must:
Hold a bachelor's degree with at least 50% marks from a recognised board or university. (45% for SC, ST, and PWD/DA category)
Candidates appearing for their final year can also apply.
Professional degrees like CA/CS/ICWA must be completed.
In the year 2019, CAT has added nine more exam cities; taking the total number of test cities from 147 to 156. You can choose up to 4 test cities when registering for the test. They have also declared that the CAT 2019 scores will only be valid till December 31, 2020.
There you have it a brief overview of the CAT exam details. We will keep bringing you more articles to help you prepare for various MBA entrance exams. Good luck!
Education Articles1. Seo Tools And What Are The Ways To Use That Tools?
Author: Benjamin Andrew Stokes
2. Why School Buses Are Yellow In Color?
Author: My schoolr
3. How To Identify The Best Athletic Trainer In India
4. The Distance To The 3 Major Medical Universities In Ukraine From Kiev
5. Why Python Stands Out Among Programming Languages
6. Why Choose Anudip Foundation?
7. Microsoft Azure Features And Components
8. Knowledge Science Training In Mumbai Archives
9. Bsc It Distance Education - Simplidistance
10. Pmp - Project Management Professional Certification A Fuel To High Salary And Bright Career
Author: Avan Jack
11. Do Employers Really Value Your Mba Degree?
12. Why Go For A Management Education?
13. Why Machine Learning Matters To The New Generation?
14. How Online Pte Practice Material Helps?
15. 4 Ways Management Studies Help In Making Career In Healthcare
Author: Akash Mishra