ALL >> Legal >> View Article
How To Import And Start An Organic Cosmetic Business In India
What are Organic Cosmetics?
The cosmetics which use only organically grown natural products as their ingredients are known as organic cosmetics. These may include plant extracts, roots, flowers, leaves or essence. These cosmetics have recently become quite popular after global unrest and skepticism has grown against the use of chemicals for skincare.
Organic cosmetics are a booming business, especially for an economy like India which has a population of over 1.3 billion people. Some of these cosmetics are available in India, however, there are still quite a few that need to be imported. Furthermore, importing products from trusted brands elevates the chances of success with your cosmetic business.
What is the Procedure for Cosmetic Import in India?
Like every other imported commodity, cosmetic companies are also required to undergo several procedures before they can import and start a cosmetic business in India.
For importing and selling cosmetics in India, necessary Cosmetic Registration India and clearance has to be obtained by CDSCO (Central Drugs Standard Control Organization). So the authorities may examine imported cosmetics to be safe.
The steps to be followed for obtaining the registration include:
• Importers registration on SUGAM Portal
o Undertaking from Importer
o ID proof of Importer (Adhar Card)
o Address proof of the Firm (IEC Certificate / CoI )
● Properly Filled up form-42 along with several other supporting documents, which are:
○ Cover Letter
○ Schedule D-3
○ Original Copy of Label and Pack Insert
○ Marketing/Manufacturing License(If any)
○ Ingredients List
○ Product Specification and Testing Protocols
○ List of Countries Where the Product has Gained Marketing Approval
○ Information About the Manufacturer and Brands
○ Power of Attorney from the Manufacturer / Brand Owner
○ Free Sale Certificate
● These documents along with the cover letter have to be submitted to the DCGI(Drug Controller General of India) Office, New Delhi in soft copy only.
● A registration fee of USD2000per category plus USD 50 per variant (If applicable)for products to be imported, needs to be submitted.
● Upon the submission of these documents, the office will issue an acknowledgment of receiving the application
● If all the entries are found correct, the DGCI office will issue an import certificate to you within a maximum period of three months from the date of submission of the application.
The registration certificate is valid for three years from the date of issue. Plus the Cosmetic Import India has to be present in Schedule S or Q of the safety standard, else it should be safe to use according to international regulations.
Legal Articles1. How To Process A Pencom, Itf, Nsitf Compliance Certificates, Register With Bpp And Successfully Subm
Author: okpi chineduP
2. Get Small Claims Paralegal In Toronto When The Amount Dispute Is $25,000 Or Less
Author: Haseeb Ullah
3. What Is The Importance Of Maritime Law?
Author: Dr. Hassan Elhais
4. What Should I Fileworkers Compensation Or Personal Injury Claim?
Author: Zane Norman
5. How A Criminal Defense Attorney Can Proves Helpful To You?
Author: Granger and Mueller PC
6. Osha’s Inspection Priorities
Author: David Barton
7. Chicago Family Law Attorney: Family Disputes Require Specialized Attention
8. Contact The Best Auto Accident Lawyers In Riverside
Author: The Morris Law Group
9. Legal Consultancy In Dubai
10. How To Get The Best Construction Attorney For Your Project
11. Hiring A Business Attorney In Naples, Florida
12. Be Out On Bail By Hiring A Criminal Defense Or Bail Lawyer Arrest Expert
Author: Kapil Chandna
13. Few Tips And Suggestions For Obtaining A Good Injury Attorney
Author: Tim Scott
14. Here's How A Reliable Child Custody Attorney Can Make Things Easier In Child Custody Battle
Author: jos binoye
15. What To Consider When Cosigning On A Bail Bonds Henderson?
Author: Cameroon Robert