ALL >> Computers >> View Article
How To Read Mac Drives On Windows Pc?
Want to read your Mac drive on a Windows PC? If yes, then you have come to the right place. If you think that it is a simple thing to do, then you are probably misunderstood. Reading Mac drives on Windows requires additional work such as installing third-party applications.
Let’s take a closer look at how to access Mac Drive on your computer.
Mac drives are divided into two types:
1. APFS formatted drive- Mostly used in modern Mac systems.
2. HFS+ formatted drive- Used in older models but still used in some Mac.
Reading APFS Drives on Windows
First of all, let’s learn how to read modern types of Mac drives. We have listed some applications that are used to read Mac drives on a regular PC.
If you are willing to pay for a genuine service, then this application is for you. MacDrive has been providing an excellent and trusted service to its customers since 1996. If you are someone who is conscious about ads and privacy issues, then this app will be the best option for you. This app is capable of reading both APFS and HFS formatted drives on a Windows device. This ...
... app is ranked number one on this article because it even writes files on your Mac drive. Writing Mac’s drive on Windows is a feature that very few applications provide.
Paragon APFS for Windows
For any reason, if you don’t want to go with MacDrive, then here is another alternative. It is also a paid app and provides excellent service to its clients. It also provides read and write features just like the MacDrive. It only supports APFS Mac drives to run on Windows. In a single purchase, it can be used in three different devices.
UFS Explorer Standard Access
It is a good application used to read APFS formatted drives on a PC. This app is also paid, but it is much more affordable when compared to the other two in this list. This app is an all-rounder when it comes to its reading capabilities. It can read several types of drives, such as all Mac supported drives APFS and HFS+. It can also read other standard types of drives like NTFS, SGI XFS, Linux JFS, VMware, and more.
Reading HFS+ Formatted Drives on PC
If you have an HFS+ drive and want to read and copy files from it, then see the ways to read them on your Windows PC.
Apple HFS+ Drivers on Windows PC
If you only want to read and browse HFS+ drive files on your PC, then you can go and install Apple HFS= drivers on your Windows computer to do just that. Follow the instructions below:
1. If you want to use this feature, then you need to uninstall any program that we told you in this article because it will interfere with Mac drivers. So first you need to remove them.
2. Download the Mac drive drivers and then copy “AppleHFS.sys” file to C:\Windows\System32\drivers. Do the same with AppleMNT.sys file and copy it to the same directory on your system drive.
3. Now reboot your PC.
Ellen Cooper is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cybersecurity. She writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. Her articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs, and websites.
IT expert having deep knowledge about PC antivirus products. Mainly researching and writing blogs. https://askmeyp.com/ | https://m4activate.co.uk/ | https://n4setup.co.uk/
Computers Articles1. Google Activity History: Details, Recovery, And Password Protection
Author: Ella johnson
2. Part Time Jobs From Home
3. Proper Enlightenment On Hiring Node.js Developer
Author: sahrukh hasan
4. Saas Management Platform & Benefits Of Saas
Author: sahrukh hasan
5. Outsourcing Software Development - Is It A Good Idea?
Author: sahrukh hasan
6. Things You Should Know About Toner Cartridges
7. Why Choose Magento For Ecommerce?
Author: NetMaxims Technologies
8. What Is The Best Among Amazon Web Service
Author: Anu Walia
9. The Importance Of A Network Security Audit
10. The Most Useful Microsoft Word Hints To Help You Get More Done
11. Work Better In Word, Excel, And Outlook With These Tips And Techniques
12. Time-saving Points To Make Your Workers Be More Efficient Using Microsoft Office
13. Microsoft Office Tips: An Overview
14. Guide To Windows 10
15. How Do I Get Assistance In Windows 10?