ALL >> Beauty >> View Article
Activated Charcoal In Skin Care, What Is All The Buzz About?
Activated Charcoal, what is it exactly?
Regular charcoal generally used for barbecuing is made from burning peat, wood, coal or other organic material in absence of air. “Activated charcoal” is similar to regular charcoal, but one major game changing difference being that it is treated with oxygen. The process opens up millions of tiny pores between each individual carbon atoms. This process of super-oxidation is known as “Activation” hence the term activated charcoal.
The first recorded mention of activated charcoal dates back to almost 3500 B.C when it was used by the Egyptians & Sumerians as a preservative to protect wood and other material from rotting near the banks of Nile River. We also find mentions of the usage of activated charcoal as a cleanser in various traditional Ayurveda scriptures from the time period of 400 B.C. as well.
What does Activated Charcoal do? Is it good if it is in your soap and other beauty product?
There is no debate to the fact that activated charcoal is a terrific purifier and filter. It essentially acts as a sponge trapping organic and inorganic impurities as well as poisons and heavy metals within itself
When added to soaps like our Myessence Activated charcoal bathing bar, it binds itself to the impurities and toxins caused by pollutants present on the skin and eliminates them when rinsed with water.
It deep cleanses and balances oily skin by sucking our sebum and clearing impurities from clogged pores giving your skin a vibrant after glow
It helps treat acne by fighting off acne causing germs and bacteria on the skin
Having a slightly coarse texture, it exfoliates the skin pretty well in the form of a natural scrub. Try out Myessence Activated Charcoal Scrub at www.myessenceindia.com
Our recommendation is that activated charcoal based products are a must have in personal care routine for all.
Beauty Articles1. Find Flatiron Bridal Hair For Your Big Day
Author: James Smith
2. Buy Antique Watches From Driklux
Author: Driklux Watch Winder
3. Figure Out Your Skin Type In Just A Few Simple Steps- Beauty Duniya
Author: Aditi Gupta
4. Best Skin Rejuvenation Solutions To Bring Out The Best Beauty In You
Author: Natalies Skin Solution
5. Tips To Choose The Right Bridesmaids Jewellery
Author: katrina Sherwin
6. How To Become An Electrolysis Technician
Author: Gulf Coast Academy
7. Automotive Decorative Exterior Trim Market
8. 10 Best Teas For Weight Loss And Reducing Belly Fat - Slimming Teas
Author: Md.Hafiz Uddin Sumon
9. Everything You Need To Know About Hair Extensions
Author: James field
10. Biotin For Balding Men
Author: James field
11. Full Body To Body Massage In Delhi
12. Sls Free Shampoo Vs Regular Shampoo
13. Shriram Transport Finance Company Ltd Ncd Details
14. Requisites To Make Your Tattoo Experience Worthwhile
Author: Lisa Huffington
15. How To Buy Hair Extensions For Short Hair
Author: Edward Nelson