ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
5 Top Tile Tips When Choosing Kitchen Tiles
Choosing kitchen wall tiles isn't an easy method. There are so many choices that you need to make during the process that it will all become a bit confusing. Here is a quick guide to five of the most necessary tips when choosing your tiles to assist you to make the proper decision so you can enjoy your kitchen tiles for several years to come.
1. Consider the Existing Furnishings
When you choose your kitchen wall tiles or floor tiles, the first factor to do is to consider all of the existing furnishings and decoration in your kitchen. Your aim should be to search out tiles that complement the color of the walls and also the kind of the tables and cabinets so that everything works in harmony. Alternatively, if you're redecorating your entire kitchen and replacing the cabinets and furniture, choose a design that matches the overall scheme.
2. Choose Small Tiles for Tiny Kitchens
The size of the tile that you pick is a matter of personal selection, but the size of the room is usually a useful indicator of how giant the tile should be. In general, small tiles are more suitable for little rooms, and vice ...
... versa, thus do not go shopping for huge tiles for a small kitchen as this might look a bit odd.
3. Choose Darker Colors to Cover Grout Discoloration
Grout discoloration is something which will happen to your tiles over time, especially where the tiles regularly get contact with water. You may need to replace the grout because when it starts to crumble away the water will get beneath the tiles and cause damage. However, if you do not need the discolored grout to show up too much, choose darker colored tiles. These can help to cover the grout when it starts to change color, instead of light tiles which will make it show up more.
4. Be Wary of a Glazed Finish
Glazed tiles like glazed porcelain tiles tend to chip easier, even though they're usually a popular choice. Within the kitchen, items could get dropped on the tiles and cause injury, thus it should be best to avoid these. Glazed tiles can also be more slippery, so for floor tiles in the kitchen, these may not be such a good plan.
5. Stain Resistant
The stain is a problem in any kitchen, so it's a good plan to choose kitchen floor tiles that are stain-resistant. In general, light-colored tiles that haven't been sealed and are absorbent are more liable to stains than sealed tiles, thus try to avoid these to keep the natural color of the tiles for longer.
Choosing the right kitchen floor tiles and kitchen wall tiles are going to be crucial in making the design that you need to realize for your kitchen. Tiles play a very important role in the overall look of the kitchen, so follow the above five tips and select the tiles that are good for your kitchen.
Maheshwari Impex has 15 years of experience in importing and distributing tiles so we know a thing or two and can help you to make the right choice at the right price.
Maheshwari Impex is the best dealers of Vitrified Tiles in Bangalore and also Wall Tiles in Bangalore, here you will find everything you need to know about tiles and natural stone flooring as well as a great selection of every kind and color.
Home and Garden Articles1. 7 Reasons You Need To Pave Your Driveway
Author: Pave Driveway
2. Book The Professional Painting Company To Grab The Excellent Result!
Author: Brushed YYC
3. How To Get Rid Of Flying Ants?
Author: Rakesh joshi
4. Best Hydroponic Nutrients And How To Choose A Reliable Store
Author: Anindya Bhaumik
5. 5 Incredible Ideas Of Stone Wall Cladding To Jazz Up Your Home Interior
Author: Sourav Roy
6. Common Problems And Control Measures In Yam Production
Author: doris zhang
7. How Can You Make Your Wooden Furniture Long-lasting?
Author: William Lawton
8. Understanding The Importance Of Effective Carpentry Service
Author: Noah Flowers
9. How To Make The Most Of Plastering Services?
Author: Cody Dugdale
10. What The List Of Things You Should Do Before Applying Waterproofing Solutions?
Author: Harry Forde
11. Why Experienced Office Painters Do Make The Difference!
Author: George Babbage
12. Why Demolition Requires A Strategical Approach
Author: Taj Elisha
13. Things You Should Do For Getting A Long-lasting Roof
Author: Tyler Gowlland
14. How To Keep Your Parking Lot Clean And Tidy?
Author: Brayden Burdekin
15. Everything You Should Know About The End Of Lease Pest Control
Author: Adam Jeffcott