ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
5 Top Tile Tips When Choosing Kitchen Tiles
Choosing kitchen wall tiles isn't an easy method. There are so many choices that you need to make during the process that it will all become a bit confusing. Here is a quick guide to five of the most necessary tips when choosing your tiles to assist you to make the proper decision so you can enjoy your kitchen tiles for several years to come.
1. Consider the Existing Furnishings
When you choose your kitchen wall tiles or floor tiles, the first factor to do is to consider all of the existing furnishings and decoration in your kitchen. Your aim should be to search out tiles that complement the color of the walls and also the kind of the tables and cabinets so that everything works in harmony. Alternatively, if you're redecorating your entire kitchen and replacing the cabinets and furniture, choose a design that matches the overall scheme.
2. Choose Small Tiles for Tiny Kitchens
The size of the tile that you pick is a matter of personal selection, but the size of the room is usually a useful indicator of how giant the tile should be. In general, small tiles are more suitable for little rooms, and vice versa, thus do not go shopping for huge tiles for a small kitchen as this might look a bit odd.
3. Choose Darker Colors to Cover Grout Discoloration
Grout discoloration is something which will happen to your tiles over time, especially where the tiles regularly get contact with water. You may need to replace the grout because when it starts to crumble away the water will get beneath the tiles and cause damage. However, if you do not need the discolored grout to show up too much, choose darker colored tiles. These can help to cover the grout when it starts to change color, instead of light tiles which will make it show up more.
4. Be Wary of a Glazed Finish
Glazed tiles like glazed porcelain tiles tend to chip easier, even though they're usually a popular choice. Within the kitchen, items could get dropped on the tiles and cause injury, thus it should be best to avoid these. Glazed tiles can also be more slippery, so for floor tiles in the kitchen, these may not be such a good plan.
5. Stain Resistant
The stain is a problem in any kitchen, so it's a good plan to choose kitchen floor tiles that are stain-resistant. In general, light-colored tiles that haven't been sealed and are absorbent are more liable to stains than sealed tiles, thus try to avoid these to keep the natural color of the tiles for longer.
Choosing the right kitchen floor tiles and kitchen wall tiles are going to be crucial in making the design that you need to realize for your kitchen. Tiles play a very important role in the overall look of the kitchen, so follow the above five tips and select the tiles that are good for your kitchen.
Maheshwari Impex has 15 years of experience in importing and distributing tiles so we know a thing or two and can help you to make the right choice at the right price.
Maheshwari Impex is the best dealers of Vitrified Tiles in Bangalore and also Wall Tiles in Bangalore, here you will find everything you need to know about tiles and natural stone flooring as well as a great selection of every kind and color.
Home and Garden Articles1. Advantages Of Hiring Independent Roofing Contractors
Author: Nate Kyngdon
2. 4 Ideas On How To Transform Your Residential Property
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
3. How To Keep Your Cultivation Safe With The Changes In Weather
Author: Michael Gilmore
4. Unconventional Knowledge About Architectural Designer That You Can't Learn From Books
Author: Garry Stacks
5. How To Identify If Molds Are There In Your House?
Author: Elvin Dao
6. Why Opt For A Proposal Planner For Your Real Estate Development
Author: Adam Leworthy
7. 6 Advantages Of Hiring Commercial Cleaning Team For Your Office
Author: Jamie Fison
8. Which Security Systems Should You Install At Your Home
Author: Owen Summerville
9. How To Get Rid Of Fallen Trees With The Help Of Tree Removal Service Providers
Author: Noah Dransfield
10. Eight Essential Pointers On Bathroom Renovation
Author: Hugo Swayne
11. Why Roller Shutters Is A Great Option During Summers?
Author: Lincoln Gawler
12. Why You Should Hire A Professional House Cleaning Service
13. How Often Should You Deep Clean Your House?
14. Interior Desinger In Chennai
15. Why Professional Upholstery Cleaning Is Significant
Author: Nikolay Koychev