ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Best Ways To Use Your Car Air Conditioning
Total Articles: 7
Having a working Auto air conditioner unit on The Gold Coast is wonderful, but how to get the best from their system.
Of course the best way is not to allow your vehicle interior to over heat, so try to park in the shade, but of course this is not always possible. By leaving the windows down just a little much of the hot air will escape preventing the inside overheating.
Pump out All the Hot Air
Wind down the rear windows, then open and close the driver’s door a few times. This will force out the super-hot air within a few seconds.
Don’t turn the aircon on full. This uses lots of fuel and takes a lot longer as the aircon has to cool all that hot air.
Pump out the rest of the hot air while driving
By leaving the rear windows down and the front closed, when you turn on the aircon, it forces the hot air out the back in less than a minute. But if you open the front windows and leave the rear closed the air in the front will be forced out, but the hot air in the back will remain.
Another way is to open the sunroof if you have one, the hot air will go straight out.
Start the Aircon on a Low Speed
Although it sounds counterproductive, a low air speed allows the aircon unit to take air from outside which is almost always cooler. On a high speed setting the unit will draw the hot air from inside, making it work harder.
The Cabin Air Filter
Your air conditioner unit is equipped with a cabin air filter, this should be checked by your mechanic during your routine service check. If your vehicle has a filter that can be serviced by the owner, you’ll find directions in the vehicle handbook.
If this filter can becomes grimy or it’s not clean you’ll not be able to get the best air flow.
The Auto Air Conditioning System
These systems often work to your advantage, they start off low and gradually increase the cooling as the air temperature adjusts, this helps to cool the interior quicker and use less fuel. But they also turn off as soon as you turn off the engine so if waiting in a queue you can’t stop and start the engine without getting hot. Turn this feature off so your vehicle stays cool for short stops.
Once your Vehicle is cool Inside
As soon as you reach the desired internal temperature switch the settings to re-circulation mode so the aircon is just keeping the internal air cool and not cooling hot air from outside.
Shut Down the Aircon Before You Reach Your Destination
It takes a few minutes for any noticeable change after the aircon is turned off, by leaving the fan running you will clear out any condensation, stopping mould growth before it starts.
Have your Auto air conditioning unit checked on The Gold Coast before the start of the hot season to avoid delays as all air conditioning companies become very busy at the start of summer and can be booked out for weeks ahead. Remember to take it easy cooling your car to avoid body shock
Automobiles Articles1. How This Year’s Mot Changes?
Author: Leon Stone
2. Important Parts Of A Smartphone And Their Repair
Author: Pulkit Kapoor
3. Bad Credit Auto Loans: Information You Need To Buy A Car With Bad Credit
Author: Wiliams Orchard
4. Village Line Auto Body Repair Shop In Long Island, New York
Author: Village Line Auto Body
5. Prolong The Life Of Auto With The Right Body Repair Service
Author: Rudys Auto Refinishing Collision
6. Mens Motorcycle Jackets Are Much More Than Just Great To Look & Fun To Wear
Author: Ricardo Rios
7. Tips To Get A Great Toyota Dealers Nj
Author: Crystal Toyota
8. Choosing The Best Bridgewater Car Dealerships
Author: Bridge Water Acura
9. Choosing The Correct Automotive Led Replacement Bulbs For Your Vehicle
Author: Tara Bloch
10. How To Choose A Car Mechanic You Can Trust?
Author: Justin Gabriel
11. Things You Should Do When Looking For An Auto Repair Shop
Author: Rickey Gregg
12. Choose The Right Auto Repair Services For Your Vehicle
Author: Kim Jordan
13. India Electric Three-wheeler Market Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends And Forecast 2025
14. If You’ve Ever Locked Keys In The Car? Tips How To Open A Locked Car Door.
Author: Jeff Dekruyter
15. Why Going For Car Repair Services Is Important?
Author: Nick Smith