ALL >> Health >> View Article
Avoid Diy Jock Itch Remedies
As male organ health issues go, jock itch is one of the less serious – but also one of the more common. Let’s face it, most guys (probably every guy) would rather have a bad case of jock itch than a social disease any day. Since jock itch is something that occurs frequently – many men get it and many men get it many times – lots of guys think they can get rid of it by DIY fixes. And while there are some really good over-the-counter treatments for jock itch, there also are some DIY home remedies that are better to avoid.
About jock itch
Everybody talks about jock itch, but not everyone really knows just what it is. And it’s hard to come up with remedies if a person doesn’t know what he’s trying to treat.
First, jock itch is a fungal infection that is medically known as tinea cruris; sometimes it is called ringworm, after the ring-like rash that it produces. It’s most often found on the manhood, sacks, inner thighs, or buttocks. And it’s called jock itch because it is commonly found among people who sweat a lot in the midsection while engaging in athletic activity.
The rash ...
... created by jock itch is a red, raised area, circular or half-moon shaped. The inner portion of the rash may be flaky or scaly, and the outer rim may be raised. As the name implies, there’s also a lot of itching associated with the condition, and sometimes it may also cause a burning or stinging sensation.
If a guy takes a look on the internet, he may come up with any number of suggested DIY home remedies for jock itch. But many of these are either useless or may actually exacerbate and worsen a man’s jock itch.
For example, mentholated cream is often suggested as a cure, but this is more likely to actually worsen the burning associated with jock itch. Many people with psoriasis say just use that same steroid cream that is used for psoriasis, but in fact it won’t help at all; psoriasis is not a fungal infection, so something that attacks fungus is needed. For similar reasons, apple cider vinegar or cocoa butter won’t make the jock itch go away, either.
Ove-the-counter treatments specifically recommended for jock itch are a much better way to go. But sometimes seeing a doctor and getting a prescription may be the best route to take. That way, the doctor can also positively identify the condition; in some cases, what one thinks is jock itch may turn out to be something else entirely.
Best of all is preventing jock itch in the first place, and these handy tips are a step in that direction.
- Wash frequently, especially during summer months or when engaged in heavy physical activity. Cleaning away the fungi before they can take hold is a great option.
- Change underwear often. Fungi love warm, moist places for growing. The mid-section is already warm, and sweat adds the moisture. Changing underwear, especially on hot days or days with lots of physical activity, is necessary.
- Use clean towels. Don’t borrow your buddy’s towel unless it has been freshly laundered, as the fungus can be carried from the towel to a new body.
While not one of the remedies for jock itch, it is beneficial to regularly use a top-drawer male organ health creme (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin). Jock itch gets worse the more one scratches it, so a crème with moisturizing agents like shea butter and vitamin E can help to decrease some of that urge to itch. It also helps if the member skin itself is strong and healthy, so find a crème with alpha lipoic acid. This potent antioxidant helps fight free radicals that can damage and weaken manhood skin.
Visit www.menshealthfirst.com for more information about treating common male organ health problems, including soreness, redness and loss of male organ sensation. John Dugan is a professional writer who specializes in men's health issues and is an ongoing contributing writer to numerous online web sites.
Health Articles1. Cbd Against Essential Tremor & Its Antioxidant Properties
Author: Mohsin beg
2. Tips For Finding A Good Neurologist In Mumbai
Author: Dr. Kharkar
3. Focus On Hearing Wellness In 2021
4. Consider These Home Remedies For Kidney Stone And Recover Fast
Author: peter roy
5. Should Pregnant Women Get The Covid-19 Vaccine?
6. What Is The Role Of Certified Nursing Assistant In Healthcare Team?
Author: Addi long
7. Why Upper And Lower Eyelid Surgery Md Appeal When Your Eyelids Start Drooping
Author: Sarah Morris
8. Using Massage In Business To Strengthen Business
Author: Ethan Robort
9. Get Proper Control Over Your Sleep Disorder
10. Transplant Diagnostics Market To Reach Usd 5.5 Billion By 2025 – Increasing Number Of Transplant Procedures
Author: Rama Sharma
11. The Dos And Don’ts Of Double Masking
Author: Apurva Gargava
12. What Are My Options For Teeth Whitening? Explain By Brampton Dentist
13. How To Use Laminar Flow Hood For Laboratory
Author: Airtech Equipment Pte Ltd
14. How To Decrease Rejected Medical Claims
15. Regular Dental Check-up - What To Expect
Author: Nisha Dhankhar