ALL >> Others >> View Article
How To Make A Successful Kickstarter Video For Your Crowdfunding Campaign
If you’re like most people, the first thing you do when viewing a crowdfunding pitch is to watch the campaign video. The campaign video is the best and most effective way to get a feel for the project. A great campaign video will show the physical and emotional side of why a backer will benefit in supporting the campaign. The video also allows you to demonstrate how professional your company is and will help the audience to get to know like and trust you. Campaigns that use a video have higher success rates than those without.
We understand creating a video can be intimidating when you haven't done it before. Most people find it difficult when put in front of a camera. Their minds go blank and they forget what they need to do and say. However, if you plan your video and have the correct video strategy in place you won’t have any problems when it comes to making a great video.
Making a project video is a challenge worth taking on as it shows you care and are passionate about what you are doing. As an ‘crowdfunder’ you need to be positive and ready for a challenge. The risk is small in comparison to the big rewards waiting for you.
Most campaign videos are based around the founder pitching their story. Explaining why they are doing what they are doing - solving a problem or a challenge someone faces. When you think about it i this way it makes it easy to focus on how to create your video. Your video could be an epic or a simple collection of images and narrative. It really depends on how you want to tell your story.
If you have computer access and a ready supply of enthusiasm, you have all you need. You can spend weeks filming and editing your video, or put it together with a few friends over a weekend. The video should reflect you, your personality and your brand message.
If you want to be creative or keep the message simple here are a few points to include for great campaign video:
• Introduce who you are.
• Explain the story behind your campaign. Why are you crowdfunding, what is the idea, what stage are you at, why is it important. What results do you want to achieve
• Ask for viewers to support and back you with a call to action, explaining how their support will make a real difference and benefit them
• Show your rewards and explain how great they are.
• Thank everyone!
Best Practice Tips
Showing your face and who you are in the video is massive. Don’t be scared to do this as it is truly beneficial to the success of your campaign. Backers want to know who they are supporting before handing over their money. The best way to build a relationship with them is to show yourself and get them to know like and trust you.
Choose a relevant location which reflects your story and pitch. Filming in an office location when your story is about being outdoors enjoying adventure will weaken your message. Emotionally and physically you want to show your audience what it feels like if they were in your shoes. Your audience will get confused if you send mixed messages.
When filming make sure you have plenty of light - either daylight or use electric light sources. Poor lighting will ruin a shot. Also be careful of too much light. Bright sunlight can over expose your image. Finding the right balance is really important.
Also, make sure you record good audio. Use a decent microphone to record yourself when on camera or recording a voice over. Another thing to remember is not to use any copyrighted music in your video without a license or permission.
For help with the technical side of kickstarter video production enlist a videographer for a company that specialises in making videos. They are experts and will help remove any stress or overwhelm you may feel when it comes to making your video.
Your project video is the most important tool in your marketing strategy. So take your time to plan it carefully. Once planned think about making it. Look at other successful kickstarter campaigns similar to yours and see what they have done. Model the best bits and add your personal angle.
London based company Wow Your Crowd are pioneers in producing videos for individuals and companies seeking crowdfunding for ‘rewards’ and ‘equity’ crowdfunding camapigns. They can help with Kickstarter video production if that is your area of interest, or videos for any other type of crowdfunding application.
Others Articles1. Ngo Working For Child Education
Author: The Chetna
2. Always Though Hard Money Lenders Offer You Bad Loans Deals
3. Get The Crib Dresser Changing Table Set You Need
Author: Mike Marini
4. Find A Place To Buy Traditional Fireplaces Online
Author: Dustin Perasso
5. Things To Keep In Mind Before Getting Started With React Native App
Author: Softpulse Infotech
6. Five Tips About San Zoning You Can Use Today
Author: Eva Aide
7. Genuine Astrologer In Mangalore | Vashikaran Specialist In Mangalore
Author: M H. Acharya
8. How Can You Solve All Of Your Problems Triggering In Your Life?
Author: Imogen Atkins
9. Hire The Services Of A Licensed And Registered Agency For Quality Foundation Laying
Author: Matthew Stacy
10. You Too Can Be Quite A Pro In Shopping On The Internet!
11. Find The Right Goodman Heat Pump Package Unit At Budget Air Supply
Author: Butch Jouaneau
12. Everything You Need To Know About Milk Processing Plant
13. Different Types Of Step Riser Tile Designs You Can Go For
Author: Sakar Granito (India) Pvt. Ltd.
14. Budget Air Supply Is The Place To Get Your Goodman 2 Stage Furnace
Author: Butch Jouaneau
15. Guide To Plastic Moulding
Author: Rajesh Dudhat