ALL >> Business >> View Article
The Importance Of Safety Management Systems At Workplaces
Preventable injury is the third leading cause of death in the United States of America. A large part of these numbers are due to preventable injuries at the workplace. For example, nearly 13000 workers are injured at the workplace every single day, as per the National Safety Council (NSC). This translates to a worker being injured on the job every 7 seconds. They also go on to say that in 2017, 104 million production days were lost due to work-related injuries.
This is the reason why safety practitioners recommend a three-step safety matrix for all workplaces.
First, managers should recognize the need for change in safety. Then they should pinpoint (or get the help of experts to pinpoint) the best safety practices for each type of injury risk. Third, they should carry out periodic dipsticks to check whether the safety performance of their workplace has improved or not.
NSC believes that an overall safety management system should be high on the priority list of managements of all companies. This helps to have a system in place which could help identify possible risks at the workplace in time. Also, the management in charge of any workplace should walk the talk instead of just paying lip service to the concept of workplace safety.
For example, fire safety is an often neglected aspect of workplace safety because fires don’t break out every week. Also, other than raging fires, workmen could also be exposed to sudden and intense high heat which could be even more dangerous and injurious than actual fires. That is why adequate fire extinguishing equipment by itself might not be enough. The management also need to provide their workers with adequate FR (flame resistant) clothes. There are several reputed companies who can provide a variety of FR clothing for use by workers throughout their shift.
To know more about customized FR clothing do visit at www.tarasafe.com today!
TaraSafe® specializes in conceptualizing, designing and producing high quality Protective Clothing for various end applications. TaraSafe® was the first to introduce the concept of Flame Retardant protective clothing to the Indian industry. Today Tarasafe® is the largest manufacturer and supplier of Flame Retardant protective clothing in India, with the distinction of successfully executing supplies of these special garments to various Indian industry giants in the Oil and Metal industries.
Business Articles1. How An Investor Made $1 Million From A Retirement Saving Of $35,000
2. How The Covid-19 Pandemic Led To An Increase In Cryptocurrency Scams?
Author: Alex Miller
3. Complex Fertilizers Market To Hit 54.32 Billion Usd By 2022
4. Car Insurance Calgary: Some Basic Pointers To Buy Insurance
Author: Jason Davis
5. How To Prevent Ransomware With Some Simple Tips?
6. Covid-19 Impact On Medical Supplies Market | Increased Demand Of Ppe Kits And N95 Masks Globally
Author: robert henric
7. 8 Things To Know Before Contacting A Website Development Company
Author: Ratnesh sharma
8. Flavor Enhancers Market: Significant Growth Is Observed In The Asia-pacific Region
9. How To Setup Battery Manufacturing Business In India?
10. A Basic Summary Of A Bariatric Post Op Diet
Author: Johnny Kwon
11. Defining Features Of Awg Fire Alarm Cable
Author: Greg Anixter
12. The Future Of Communication - Contactless Near Field Communication (nfc)
Author: NFC Tagify
13. Covid-19 Impact Analyzer For Peptides And Heparin Market Through, Concludes Fact.mr
14. Four Steps For The Perfect Fresh Coat Of Paint
Author: Jrossi Construction
15. Best Astrologer In Mississauga | Famous Indian Astrologer In Mississauga
Author: Pandit Ganapathi