ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Top Tips For Safe Landscape Lighting
Outdoor led lighting in Florida by Lanai Lights can be a great addition to your property. Whether you want to make a good effect on your patio, may it be landscape lighting or pool lighting, there are thousands of reasons why it is good to use outdoor lighting especially to ensure sea turtle safe lighting. However, while enough lighting can improve your safety when you’re outside, it can also make some risk factors if it is not installed properly by Lanai Lights. Here are some of the best practices that you should always follow when setting up your outdoor lighting.
1. Avoid Hazards for Tripping
Be strategic about where you are going to out your cords to prevent someone from tripping. You can talk to a professional about this.
2. Do not Use Indoor Lights Outside
You should never use indoor lighting outside because they are not made to seal against moisture and could become risky if corrosion happens inside the unit.
3. Do not use indoor extension Cords outside
Indoor extension cords should never be used outside because outside outdoor cords are created with a thicker insulation that can hold out against fluctuations in temperature and moisture.
4. Ensure that your Light bulbs are Safe for Outdoor Use
If you have already decided to buy the proper lighting fixture and cord for your outdoor lighting project, do not stop at the light bulb. Remember to use as what according to package instructions.
5. Keep Electric Lighting Away from Water
It’s obvious that electricity and water do not mix. Electric lighting should never be soaked in water even though it is rated for outdoor use. It can cause electrocution or even death.
6. Keep Electric Lighting Away from Flammable Materials
The risk of electrical spark comes with any electrical device even though light bulbs only give a minimum amount of heat. It is still best to keep your outdoor lighting fixtures safe and distant from any flammable materials.
7. Call or Hire a Professional in Installing Hardwired Lighting
It may seem like a simple project, but installing any electrical device in your home should always be handled by a trained professional. Serious risk, fire or electrocution may happen if it is installed improperly.
Get fantastic, custom outdoor lighting solutions from Lanai Lights today! Spice up your outdoor living with exciting LED lighting that is also energy-efficient and sea turtle-friendly. Contact us using the following numbers:
Tampa Bay/Lakeland area: 813-437-4446
Orlando area: 407-988-0479
Fort Myers/Naples area: 239-208-0306
Port Charlotte/Brandenton: 941-787-5568
Palm Beach/East Coast: 954-716-8699
You can also visit our website at https://www.lanailights.com/.
Lanai Lights offers fantastic outdoor lighting installations in Fort Myers, Florida, and all surrounding Southwest Florida areas. Get your own beautiful LED lighting today by calling us at 877-818-8445 or 239-415-2561.
Home and Garden Articles1. How To Choose Best Leaf Blower For Gardening Purpose?
Author: Harshali Yalllle
2. Provide Luxury Looks To Your House With Porcelain Countertops And Other Countertops
Author: Gabrielle Brown
3. The Absolute Greatest Tips For Purchasing A Home Espresso Machine
Author: William Kirkwood
4. Manage Your Time Better With Productivity & Time Management Coaching
Author: A Tidy Mind
5. Tips And Advice In Hiring A Guttering Contractor In Your Locality
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
6. What Are The Different Types Of Professional Roofing Services?
Author: Nate Kyngdon
7. Four Tips On Fence Selection
Author: Michael Gilmore
8. Advantages Of Choosing Professionals To Tidy Up Your Carpet
Author: Elvin Dao
9. Facts That Nobody Told You About Architectural Design
Author: Garry Stacks
10. Essential Steps To Assess Your Property Development Feasibility
Author: Adam Leworthy
11. Is Installing Plantation Shutters Beneficial For Your Home?
Author: Lincoln Gawler
12. How To Get Your Carpet Cleaned Without Delay
Author: Jamie Fison
13. Thermal Imaging – A Great Way To Measure Body Temperature
Author: Owen Summerville
14. How To Get Your House Repaired And Fixed Before Putting It Up For Sale
Author: Noah Dransfield
15. 4 Guidelines For Bathroom Renovations
Author: Hugo Swayne