ALL >> Business >> View Article
India Ceramic Tiles Market Value Worth Inr 250 Bn In 2017 And Is Expected To Reach Inr 501.70 Bn By
In the construction sector, Indian ceramic tiles are considered as one of the key elements which are mainly used for covering roofs, walls, and floors of different buildings as they are highly durable, provide protection from abrasion and require low maintenance. Clay, the most important material required for manufacturing ceramic tiles, is generally obtained from Rajasthan in India.
Among the different types of ceramic tiles, wall tiles constitute 50% of the market share, followed by floor tiles (23%), vitrified tiles, and industrial tiles. Based on value, the size of the ceramic tiles market in India was worth INR 250 Bn in 2017 and is expected to reach INR 501.70 Bn by the end of 2023, expanding at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 13%. In terms of volume, India had manufactured ceramic tiles that could cover an area of 1080 Mn sq. mts. in 2017. On 17th November 2017, tax rates were revised from ~28% to ~18%, which led to a decrease in the cost of finished ceramic tiles products. The decrease in price has led to an increase in the sales of the product thereby leading to the overall growth of the industry.
The organized sector consisting of 16 major players, accounts for ~40% of the Indian tile industry while the remaining 60% is unorganized. The residential sector dominates the demand generated for ceramic tiles in India with 70% market share, while the rest of the order comes from the commercial and replacement sectors.
The export of ceramic tiles has increased in India between FY 2013 and FY2017 and Saudi Arabia, followed by Mexico were the two largest export destination during the period. India has recorded major imports of ceramic tiles, both value and volume-wise, from countries like Italy, China, and Spain.
Key growth drivers of the market:
• Increased spending on infrastructure by the Government of India, coupled with rapid urbanization is promoting the demand for residential and commercial buildings.
• Growing space requirements from various sectors like healthcare, education and IT is making real estate a profitable industry for the ceramic tiles manufacturers of India.
• Apart from new projects, the demand for ceramic tiles has increased from projects related to the replacement of tiles in residential and commercial construction. The replacement market is expected to witness a strong growth in the coming year, thus driving the growth of the ceramic tiles market of India.
Key deterrents to the growth of the market:
Domestic ceramic tiles manufacturers face challenges due to the rise in the cost of production, which, in turn, hampers the profit margin of the manufacturers. An appreciation of the dollar against the rupee has increased the price of compressed natural gas (CNG) which constitutes 30% of the input cost for manufacturing ceramic tiles, hence increasing the total cost of production.
1. Asian Granito India Limited
2. Euro Ceramics Limited
3. H & R Johnson (India) Limited
4. Kajaria Ceramics Limited
5. Nitco Limited
6. Orient Bell Limited
7. Varmora Granito Private Limited
8. RAK Ceramics India Private Limited
9. Somany Ceramics Limited
10. Murudeshwar Ceramics Limited
Asia Pacific Large Format Ceramic Panel Market Report (2014-2024) - Market Size, Share, Price, Trend and Forecast
Europe Large Format Ceramic Panel Market Report (2014-2024) - Market Size, Share, Price, Trend and Forecast
Global Antimicrobial Medical Textiles Market Research Report 2019-2023
Global Half-Height Turnstiles Market Research Report 2019-2023
24/7 Online Support: +91 9987295242 | email@example.com
Business Articles1. What Is The Need To Digitize The Processes At Manufacturing Plants?
Author: radhika jain
2. Scoping Out The Best Franchise Opportunities In Canada – Here Is What You Need To Know
Author: Canadian Franchising Magazine
3. Printing Techniques Best Options To Get The Best Business Cards
Author: Vikram Kumar
4. Types Of Water Pumps And Their Use
Author: K V Gopalkrishna
5. Why Is Septic Tank Spring Maintenance Beneficial?
Author: Solo IT
6. Yacht Charter Companies Fort Lauderdale
7. How To Hire A Hacker
8. Ceramic Matrix Composites Market: Regional Analysis And Business Opportunity And Global Demand By Fo
Author: Market Research Future
9. The Benefits Of Blue Sapphire - Power & Significance Of Color
Author: Soli Sethi
10. Gartner Shows It’s A Long, Long Road For Blockchain Technology
Author: Nivya Desai
11. Various Work From Home Options
Author: The Yellow Coin Communication
12. Historia Clinica Web
13. Apollo Butterfly Valves
14. Translation Services In Visa Processing
Author: The Yellow Coin Communication
15. Seven Benefits Of Pflow Model M Vertical Lift System Suitable To Transport Large And Heavy Loads
Author: Overhead Door of Eastern New Jersey Commercial