ALL >> Computer-Programming >> View Article
Testing In Golang
Total Articles: 26
Golang is a lightweight, new open-source language which has several features that make automated and manual testing easier. Due to feature-rich standard library support, it provides a desirable environment for running and writing tests. Go describes a way to write automated tests that are automatically excluded from the compiled executable. Thus this test suite runs at the development time. It also displays which lines were exercised by tests, and which were not and provides complete code coverage analysis. Coming to the testing environment Golang brings in some advantageous features such as:
Golang has a support featured-rich structured logger called Logrus through which we can write logs asynchronously to avoid the extra overhead on the system. It has various service hooks such as:
1. InfluxDB: Time series database.
2. Elastic search.
3. Airbrake: Error monitoring and detection software.
4. Redis cache and more
Benefits of Logrus are:
Service Hooks such as Redis features in-memory data set while Airbrake help in superior test code quality and quick bug fixing.
Able to efficiently track and write logs results in well-written and neat code.
Important resources can be saved by asynchronous logging for other priority tasks.
2. Golang Benchcmp:
This command parses the output of two ‘go test' benchmark runs, displays the deltas and correlates the result per benchmark.
System calls can be easily compared by setting benchmark through understanding which piece/version of code performs better. Benchcmp command of Golang displays performance changes between benchmarks.
Benefits of Benchcmp
Performance bottleneck is easily avoided.
Trough the benchmark we are able to easily compare system call by understanding which part of code performs better.
3. Uber Go-Torch:
This tool is used to collect stack traces from Golang's built-in Pprof library and synthesizes this information into a flame graph. The flame graph generates data sets about memory consumption, Time Consumption, CPU Usage and more.
Benefits of Go-Torch:
It helps developers to optimize and understand the code to improve system performance at the function level.
The resulting code is optimized for CPU usage, speed, performance, memory usage and time.
Click to know more:http://bit.ly/2WHomjq
Gowitek is a leading Golang Development Company that builds Tailored Software Solutions by leveraging Golang and Google Cloud. We induce growth acceleration of businesses through Digital Transformation. By combining our expertise in Technology and Industry we focus on an in-depth understanding of business challenges and then devising solutions that are Simple, Scalable, Superior, Secure and Speedily delivered. So if you have an idea we have a Solution that is backed by innovative and Disruptive Technology.
Computer Programming Articles1. It Empire Web Development And Outsourcing Services
Author: Mian Arslan
2. Mobile Technology
3. How To Crop, Rotate, And Straighten Photos In Ios Devices
Author: Emily Johnson
4. What You Need To Know About Website Maintenance And Why
Author: Shruti Verma
5. Top 5 Loyalty Program Extensions For Magento 2
6. The Benefits Of Ixbrl To Companies
7. Three Marketing Fundamentals You Should Be Concerned About (explained)
8. How To Install Third-party Applications To Samsung Smart Tv?
9. How To Hide Text Messages On Your Iphone?
10. Make Your Site Authentic- Website Development Company In California
11. How To Hire The Qualified Services From A Reliable Blockchain Development Company
Author: Mee Noi
12. Innovation Stack For Web Application Development
13. Here’s How You Can Gain Deeper Insights Into Your Audiences To Make Intelligent Marketing Decisions
Author: Knack Systems
14. Sap Marketing Cloud – The Way To The Future?
Author: Knack Systems
15. Does Your Phone Listen To You?