ALL >> Computer-Programming >> View Article
Testing In Golang
Golang is a lightweight, new open-source language which has several features that make automated and manual testing easier. Due to feature-rich standard library support, it provides a desirable environment for running and writing tests. Go describes a way to write automated tests that are automatically excluded from the compiled executable. Thus this test suite runs at the development time. It also displays which lines were exercised by tests, and which were not and provides complete code coverage analysis. Coming to the testing environment Golang brings in some advantageous features such as:
Golang has a support featured-rich structured logger called Logrus through which we can write logs asynchronously to avoid the extra overhead on the system. It has various service hooks such as:
1. InfluxDB: Time series database.
2. Elastic search.
3. Airbrake: Error monitoring and detection software.
4. Redis cache and more
Benefits of Logrus are:
Service Hooks such as Redis features in-memory data set while Airbrake help in superior test code quality and quick bug fixing.
Able to efficiently track and write logs results in well-written and neat code.
Important resources can be saved by asynchronous logging for other priority tasks.
2. Golang Benchcmp:
This command parses the output of two ‘go test' benchmark runs, displays the deltas and correlates the result per benchmark.
System calls can be easily compared by setting benchmark through understanding which piece/version of code performs better. Benchcmp command of Golang displays performance changes between benchmarks.
Benefits of Benchcmp
Performance bottleneck is easily avoided.
Trough the benchmark we are able to easily compare system call by understanding which part of code performs better.
3. Uber Go-Torch:
This tool is used to collect stack traces from Golang's built-in Pprof library and synthesizes this information into a flame graph. The flame graph generates data sets about memory consumption, Time Consumption, CPU Usage and more.
Benefits of Go-Torch:
It helps developers to optimize and understand the code to improve system performance at the function level.
The resulting code is optimized for CPU usage, speed, performance, memory usage and time.
Click to know more:http://bit.ly/2WHomjq
Gowitek is a leading Golang Development Company that builds Tailored Software Solutions by leveraging Golang and Google Cloud. We induce growth acceleration of businesses through Digital Transformation. By combining our expertise in Technology and Industry we focus on an in-depth understanding of business challenges and then devising solutions that are Simple, Scalable, Superior, Secure and Speedily delivered. So if you have an idea we have a Solution that is backed by innovative and Disruptive Technology.
Computer Programming Articles1. Why Data Science Is One Of The Highest Paying Careers In 2019?
2. The Chrome Web Store Primer Part 3: Pave The Way To Retention Using Analytics
3. The Chrome Web Store Primer Part 2: Optimizing Conversion Rate Using Analytics
4. The Chrome Web Store Primer Part 1: Before Publishing
5. The Easiest Way To Turn Your Browser Extension Idea Into Reality
6. Dell Data Storage, Blade Server, Tower Server,rack Server Dealer In Chennai
Author: Dev System
7. Reasons Why Software Testing Is Required
Author: Ram Uppalapati
8. Benefits Of Mean Stack For Web Application Development
Author: Amit tiwari
9. Know About: How Helpful The Hospital Management Software Is…...
Author: pavitra poojary
10. Why All Hospitals/clinic Needs Laboratory Management System
Author: manu shetty
11. How Do You Create A Garbage Disposal App From An Uber For X Application?
Author: waioz technologies
12. Robotic Process Automation Introduction And Its Applications
Author: Chris Kambala
13. How To Grow Your Business Through Animation Videos?
Author: Catriona Collins
14. What To Expect From Ai In Mobile App Development
Author: Amit Tiwari
15. We Work As A Spark For Your Business Barriers