ALL >> Sports >> View Article
What Activities Should Be Avoided With Osteoporosis?
Osteoporosis, the silent disease - weakens the bones to a point, where they break very easily. You might not even have the symptoms, until your bone breaks. According the Journal of Bone and Mineral Research – people with osteoporosis are at the risk of dying prematurely. Whereas, when treated appropriately, the patients had a longer life expectancy.
Who typically gets Osteoporosis?
Both men and women lose their bone mass at the same rate by their late 60s. However the chances of women getting osteoporosis are very high, especially after the menopause period. This is because, women lose about 20% of their bone mass within 5-7 years after menopause.
Here are some activities as suggested by tommy john recovery program in Illinois, which you need to avoid if you have osteoporosis, they are -
- Golf – This sports activity involves a lot of twisting, especially on your waist. When you suddenly twist the waist, it will create an unusual force on the discs and joins, which might lead to fractures. Golf is a great way to build the bonding with your networks, so steer it clear with tommy john recovery program in Illinois, so that you don’t have to stop yourself.
- Roll ups or sit-ups – This will involve forward rounding of the spine. This is likely to invite tiny fractures in the small joints of the body. When you do sit-ups, you are actually assisting in the damage gravity with severe osteoporosis.
- Jumping – pike jumps, jump squats, power planks, and tuck jumps can have an adverse effect on your bone, as it puts more pressure on the joints neighboring the spine. Moreover, carrying out high-intensity works like running or straight cardio can also be problematic.
- Lumbar Rolls – This common move in yoga creates forward flexion of the spine putting in more strain on your spine, creating the risk of fracture.
- Skiing – Since this involves high risk of falls, any patient with osteoporosis is susceptible to a fracture.
Can I prevent osteoporosis?
Take in a lot of food that is rich in calcium and vitamin D, along with weight-bearing exercises. If you have been identified with osteoporosis, avoid activities that involve putting more pressure on your spine, waist and other bone joints. These are a few ways to keep your bones strong and healthy. Even if your bones have fallen off or if you have experienced a ligament tear, don’t worry, ARP wave UCL tear treatment is here to help you with revitalizing your bones.
Your bones are at their strongest point when you are 30. But they lose their minerals as you age. So, if you are reading this, it is the right time to protect your bones from osteoporosis with healthy lifestyle choices and stay healthy throughout the rest of your lives. Don’t worry even if you have osteoporosis, as it can be treated easily with ARP wave therapy in Illinois. Talk to your doctor to discuss and deploy the right treatment method, which might work on your osteoporosis.
The author is a specialist in ARP wave therapy in Illinois. He is also a blogger who writes on various health tips. Visit http://www.throwagain.com for more details.
Throw Again is a life-altering baseball training and injury recovery program powered by EVO UltraFit, aimed to help players of all ages throw with comfort, durability, and longevity at maximal levels of performance.
Sports Articles1. Portugal's Most Famous Surf School | A Perfect Surfing Camps
Author: Marco Pere - Estela Surf & Hostel
2. 2020 Badminton Debate: Yonex Arcsaber 11 Vs. Yonex Duora 10
Author: Jeremy Hughes
3. Choosing A Golf Course When Traveling
Author: Golf Lounge
4. How Much Does It Cost To Develop Sports Betting App Like William Hill?
Author: Robbie Royce
5. How To Avoid Injuries With Sports Strapping Tape
6. Decoding Fantasy Cricket And It’s Lively Experience
Author: sam klein
7. Mobile App-based Sports Betting – The Future Of Sports Betting
Author: Robbie Royce
8. Lebron James Got The Touch! L.a. Lakers Vs. Spurs Highlights!
Author: Donnie Smith
9. Shotgun Heat Shield Must Be Used To Enhance The Safety Measures!
Author: Mike Lopez
10. Self Defence Hoppers Crossing Point Cook: Engage In The Form Of Learning Martial Arts
Author: Marco Stoinis
11. Calcio Napoli News
12. Why Airsoft Assault Guns Have Become So Popular In The Gaming Arena?
Author: Nikki Smith
13. Why Should You Try Out Adventure Activities?
Author: John Marius
14. Try Out Hot Air Balloon Rides In Vegas
Author: Johan Shore
15. The Relation Between Hiking And Camping
Author: Sonia Azrou