ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
The Art Of Refinishing Kitchen Cabinets
The Art of Refinishing Kitchen Cabinets
Are you thinking of revamping your kitchen? More importantly, does it seem like your kitchen cabinets looks worn out due to age and constant use?
Don’t fret yet. You have the chance to save money and time by not replacing them but by refinishing them so that they can look brand new. To learn more about the process of how to refinish kitchen cabinets, these are the essential steps you should know:
1.) You should remove the old finish.
Looking at your old kitchen cabinet, you may see a lot of cracks, holes, or blemishes. It is especially apparent when there are spots where the paint, varnish or finish has been completely stripped off. The refinishing process starts by removing the kitchen cabinet all of its coverings.
2.) After stripping everything off, you then have to smoothen its surface.
Sanding is an integral part of refinishing. It gets rid of any leftover chemicals in the wood, and it helps erase any scratches or stains. Also, there are two ways of sanding: fine grit and rough grit sanding. The former is usually done to most kitchen cabinets while the latter is preferred when the cabinets contain heavy layering.
3.) Use a primer before you coat it with paint.
Primers are used to help make the paint sleek and to avoid chipping. It comes in handy so that there won’t be peeling when you paint your kitchen cabinets. While some paints are already mixed with primers, it doesn’t hurt to be sure.
4.) Paint it to your heart’s content.
There are so many colours for you to choose from. Pick the one that suits the ambiance of your kitchen. There’s no limit to your imagination so picture out what you want your kitchen cabinets to look like and turn it into reality!
5.) Apply the finish.
This is the most important step. Choose what type of finish you want, from shellac to lacquers, there are so many options to choose from. The most common type used is lacquer. You need to coat the kitchen cabinets multiple times with this finish type to get the best result. It is also advisable to sand it lightly between coats so that it sticks well.
If you prefer not to do the refinishing by yourself, then it is preferable if you seek out the help of professionals. Paint Core Finishes offers the best service when it comes to custom painting or refinishing your kitchen. We provide refinishing services for residential, commercial and for cabinet makers and carpenters. You can now say goodbye to your old kitchen cabinets and all the problems that come along with it!
Home and Garden Articles1. Some Tips & Questions While Buying Groove & Pent Garden Sheds
Author: James Johnson
2. Here's Why Worlds Away Is Perfect For Home Accessories, Hardware, And More
Author: Robert Berry
3. Keep Critters Away With Rural Fencing For Gardens
Author: Danny Woodhams
4. Tips For Mattress Recycling
Author: Bryson Kaleb
5. Why Decorate Your Home With Wall Decor Wallpaper ?
Author: Vishal Supali
6. How Much Should You Pay For Laminate Flooring In Ireland
Author: Dylan Holland
7. Get Rid Of Issues On The Water Heater With Professional Technicians
Author: Hot Water Tank Winnipeg
8. What Should Know About Before Getting Eyelash Extensions
Author: Biotouch Alberta
9. Four Advantages Of Hiring Large Trash Pickup In Austin
Author: Bryson Kaleb
10. Why You Should Hire Professionals For Landscaping Service?
Author: Nathan Boutros
11. The Best Way To Clean Delicate Furniture Upholstery
Author: Pressure and Steam
12. The Various Utilities Of Footstools As An Element Of Home Improvement
Author: Mark Hazelgrave
13. Importance Of Commercial Curtain Cleaning In Hobart
Author: Austin Baines
14. Make Your Kitchen Space Super Amazing With Designer Laminates
15. Top 5 Benefits Of Having Panoramic Doors
Author: Barry La Grange